Earplugs/headset

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Every day I use my earplugs on my commute to prevent contact with all the cretins in the public transport. Every other month they get fucked (the earplugs ffs, not the cretins!) and I go to the pound shop and pick up a new one.

But now I want some quality that will last. Any suggestions? I handle them pretty roughly and they get tangled on a daily basis.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Every day I use my earplugs on my commute to prevent contact with all the cretins in the public transport. Every other month they get fucked (the earplugs ffs, not the cretins!) and I go to the pound shop and pick up a new one.

But now I want some quality that will last. Any suggestions? I handle them pretty roughly and they get tangled on a daily basis.

Wired or Bluetooth?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
so many around now, can't go much better than Monster, Bose, AKG, Sennheiser....Sooo (nah can't bring myself to say the same). Just don't buy beats or Marley, shit quality. If your looking for cheaper then JBL (Harmen) sports (branded Yurbuds) ones are good, wife and son are using those at the moment 20-40 USD depending on model.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Been starting to think BT, because my headsets usually get fucked in the wire
They are decent enough, but a pain to remember to charge every night. I always keep a wired set just in case I forget :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
They are decent enough, but a pain to remember to charge every night. I always keep a wired set just in case I forget :)
Yeah, that's another problem. I'd forget too and I would be back to square one

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I'm heavy on earbuds, they break at the plug end, the wire fracturing or coming loose. I started using Sony buds a few years ago and they last much longer for me. It's because the plug is cranked at 90 degrees and takes fewer knocks and less pressure in my pocket. I'm not an audiophile and usually pay £10/£20 from Argos.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have been pimping SoundMagic for years now. Excellent quality and some of the best value headphones you can get. They can easily compare to headphones that are 3 or 4 times the price.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think I'm going to have to give up using in-ears; my body fights back by generating La Brea Tar Pits levels of wax in my ears. I'm actually going to have to get syringed its that bad.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I was about to suggest Berton, because I've had a good experience with their £12 earphones, until they broke recently, and I received a new pair of them today, and wanted me to RMA the other pair.

Replacement pair are broken too.

I know Apple replace broken phones with old phones which have been RMA'd and fixed, surely it isn't the same deal with earphones? - SURELY.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I was about to suggest Berton, because I've had a good experience with their £12 earphones, until they broke recently, and I received a new pair of them today, and wanted me to RMA the other pair.

Replacement pair are broken too.

I know Apple replace broken phones with old phones which have been RMA'd and fixed, surely it isn't the same deal with earphones? - SURELY.

Bose will replace broken in warranty and even sell you new pair for $80 if you have an old broken pair. Did that a while back with some QC15's that were about $300 and 4 years old

soze

I am a FH squatter
I wonder if your ears need to be of a certain quality to appreciate something like Bose. One of the guys here purchased the Soundlink Mini for nearly £180 and I could not tell the difference between that and the £40 Anker one I use. But I suppose I am just not a proper Audiophile.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
£39.95 to the NL :-/

nice one getting in on time chumlar :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom