Rant Ear Stretching

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Going to be real funny seeing these people trying to get good jobs in 5 or so years.

Oh what's that? Its discrimination? FUCK OFF! You did this to yourself.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Been going on for at least ten years on the edge of mainstream and it looks shit

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So how is it any different from tattoos? I'll admit I think it looks bloody stupid when people take it to extremes but each to their own. Women have their noses pierced and that makes them unattractive to me. And yes, it is discrimmination. Like it or not equal rights are equal rights and if someone who has stretched their ears is well presented and doesn't have anything outlandish colour wise in their ears then most employers will overlook it in favor of their qualifications, experience and what they can bring to the company. Only someone with a stick up their arse and a narrow mind would have a problem with it. You, in other words.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Some times it dawns on me how horridly "normal/borring" I am.
However I'd have no problem hiring a guy/girl like that, as long as they're the best qualified.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Jeros, what do you have against ear stretchers?

I employ lots of people and I couldn't give a flying fuck what they do to themselves or what they do with their own time, as long as when they are in the office they can do their jobs well :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What are you waffling about? ear stretches are prime candidates to work in bathrooms, they're ideal to hold towels and various advertisements.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I hate them for their own stupidity. This shit "Look what i've done to myself, i'm a cool motherfucker" annoys me greatly. I could never respect a guy like that.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
People do what people do, as long as they ain't hurting others. I could say the same about people wearing suits, "oh look at me, i'm rich and fancy!". Judge the people, not the shell they're in.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I hate them for their own stupidity. This shit "Look what i've done to myself, i'm a cool motherfucker" annoys me greatly. I could never respect a guy like that.

I'm so fucking cool bra!

l.jpg

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
People do what people do, as long as they ain't hurting others. I could say the same about people wearing suits, "oh look at me, i'm rich and fancy!". Judge the people, not the shell they're in.

Suits are clothes therefore can be considered a shell. That is their body and what they do is permanent, or semi-permanent. It becomes them and will stick there for the rest of their lives. Stupid.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So how is it any different from tattoos? I'll admit I think it looks bloody stupid when people take it to extremes but each to their own. Women have their noses pierced and that makes them unattractive to me. And yes, it is discrimmination. Like it or not equal rights are equal rights and if someone who has stretched their ears is well presented and doesn't have anything outlandish colour wise in their ears then most employers will overlook it in favor of their qualifications, experience and what they can bring to the company. Only someone with a stick up their arse and a narrow mind would have a problem with it. You, in other words.

Actually it is not discrimination in any way shape or form, 8 specific groups are covered and people stretching their ears or having tattoos are not part of the legislation.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
They stink as well, the smell of rotting flesh mmmmm. My mate has one and he has a very well paid job.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They make people look like dicks, but then so do most tattoos.

If people want them then that is their own choice though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Suits are clothes therefore can be considered a shell. That is their body and what they do is permanent, or semi-permanent. It becomes them and will stick there for the rest of their lives. Stupid.

Permanent or not, still valid. Suits is just an example, take any part of peoples clothing, outlook, hair, -anything- and you could be a dick about it.

Only makes you look like a judgemental moron.

EDIT: well maybe not a moron, but still.

Last edited:

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
har, I have an 8mm tunnel and you can a) just get a closed earing so that no one can tell and b) at 8mm it will close up if I take the earing out

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I think that just the few comments in this thread go to show how much it does matter in a professional environment. A ton of people prejudice those who ear stretch. If you're a manager hiring customer facing staff, even if you don't have a problem with it, you have to factor in that your customers might and that's not good for business.

Right or wrong, that's the way the world works right now. Until we live in Star Trek land where everyone's equal etc etc...

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Kenny's bang on. Personally do what you like to yourself. As an employer who might recruit for customer facing positions, you'd go way down the list. Also later down the line when you might want some reconstructive surgery, just so long as you pay for it yourself and don't rely on the NHS, that's cool too.

rynnor

Rockhound
Personally it doesn't bother me - the only similar thing that would prejudice me in a job situation would be facial tatoo's (big ugly ones).

opticle

Part of the furniture
I'd prefer them over normal people if it made them look like Dargo out of Farscape. But it doesn't.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
So how is it any different from tattoos?

because most people have tattoos they can cover with a shirt, would you employ someone with face/neck/hand tattoos ? its party what it is , its also partly WHERE it is

and on a personal note, i think ear stretching is fucking retarded, how are you going to look when your 70 ? and as with all these things, a bit is ok, if you must, but people whove got really big ones, just no, grow up :/

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It's their body, they can do whatever they like with it.

Just as long as they accept that some people think they look stupid. Your right to self-expression doesn't negate my right to comment on it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
But as said before a customer facing role in non hippy shop trade is likely to pass on someone with these things same as face tattoo .. It's just what image the company wants to present of its selk and most are not like that. And I'm not talking about counter sales in Hmv but proper jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom