EA to acquire Bioware

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Another decent software house swallowed by EA's shitness :(

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder will there be season upgrades to baldur's gate.. Baldur's Gate 2 Advanced and Baldur's Gate 2008 for sure atleast!

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
I can't see the acquisition of Bioware impacting Warhammer Online at all, with the amount of interest it's generated, and the amount of PR and funds invested in the project, and the acquisition of the license.

However it means any Bioware project might get extra funding. Just hope EA keep their mitts off the development side and just want to rake in profits and reputation from any decent Bioware releases. EA will likely try to run concurrent MMO's and try to milk profits from both, and leave development up to the existing teams. EA do already have two MMO's running at the same time, even if imo they've done an awful lot to help kill off both games' popularity.

Nate

FH is my second home
I wonder with the agreement EAMythic has whether a few years down the line something like what happened with Bungie/Microsoft might happen. It's unlikely other companies have this possibility as they've just been bought outright, whereas Mythics kept things seperate. Will be interesting to see anyway, a few years down the line EA will have milked enough and want to get rid of Mythic or put them on another title.

Draig

Fledgling Freddie
meh , there goes all the decent single player RPG's :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom