News EA steams up

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Everyone knows this already, but Spore, Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, Mass Effect, Need for Speed(tm) Undercover and EA SPORTS FIFA Manager 2009 are now available on Steam, with Mirror's Edge, Dead Space and Red Alert 3 coming soon!

Eg EA is now on Steam, so their own crappy downloader can finally be shot and left for crows :)

source: Valve.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
about time, now lets just hope for some reasonable pricing.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
And hopefully no SecurROM on the steam releases. I really want to get Dead Space on PC but I can't be doing with any of that DRM bullshit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Whats does a few quid matter for the convenience of steam?

About bloody time.

Kryten

Old Cow.
It's a bit more than a few quid, for a reason I've forgotten Steam have ditched the dollars europe-side and gone for local pricing schemes, and as usual we get a far rawer deal. For instance the same game from Steam in the UK may cost you 40 quid as opposed to £25 stateside. Certainly missing the 2 dollars to the pound we had a little while ago ;)

Either way, lets hope far more people follow suit and realise that you don't need Securom in Steam games.

Will

/bin/su
Steam is less shit than SecuROM imo. Though I don't own a PC, so I shouldn't really be allowed to comment.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Steam is less shit than SecuROM imo. Though I don't own a PC, so I shouldn't really be allowed to comment.
Yes how DARE you!!

You're absolutely right though, Steams DRM is fine - SecuROM is absolutely awful.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Steam has a massive sale going on right now!

Rubric

Part of the furniture
And football manager 2009 is on Steam and that is clearly the best reason ever to use steam :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Some of the deals on there are lovely, some decent new games for under £25 and some older decent games for less than £10. My bandwidth is taking a hammering.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Left 4 Dead incoming! :)

Been waiting for the price to come down a bit. It's still 30 quid in most shops.

*pew pew* Take that, zombie scum!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Left 4 Dead incoming! :)

Been waiting for the price to come down a bit. It's still 30 quid in most shops.

*pew pew* Take that, zombie scum!

Just picked it up myself, much better price because original launch price for boxed version was £20 then went up to £30...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Now that would be cool, some sort of extended trial!

Chilly

Balls of steel
steam on ps3/xbox would fucking own. (obviously only selected, ported titles)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom