Rant EA Origin

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
This has been discussed for years across the globe, it is not theft. Go Google it. Anyway, I could have a pirate copy of a game installed on my PC without the wank DRM, the legit copy is on a shelf. Am I a "thief" as you put it....

Taking something without paying for it is not theft? brb, going to Walmart. Might not be back for awhile, though.

Don't get me wrong, I get the whole DRM shackle thing. I've not bought a Ubisoft game in quite awhile because of it, but I won't download a cracked version either.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's very, very loosely not theft because you are not depriving someone of a physical item and it could be argued rather vaguely that you wouldn't have bought it anyway so nobody has lost out. Rubbish ofc but that's the justification.

Chilly

Balls of steel
It's very, very loosely not theft because you are not depriving someone of a physical item and it could be argued rather vaguely that you wouldn't have bought it anyway so nobody has lost out. Rubbish ofc but that's the justification.
It's copyright infringement rather than theft, surely?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I think Steam's prices are fine. That said, I'm waiting for the new Batman to drop in price so I can play it :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I think Steam's prices are fine. That said, I'm waiting for the new Batman to drop in price so I can play it :)

You should check the bargain thread on here more often, it's been below £20 twice already since launch.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't steal a ferrari, but if I could make a copy of that ferrari and drive around in that you bet your ass I'd be doing it - and my mates would all be getting ferrari's for xmas.

Anyway - I've given up purchasing *anything* from EA. Origin is just the tip of the massive pile of pooberg that probably sunk that ship in Italy. And the titanic. I'm going to pirate their games and not play 'em - just to be an arse :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom