News EA loses exclusivity over Star Wars

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yarrrrp, other game companies are now free to make Star Wars games! rejoice!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Woo, hopefully a sign that they realize potential they are sitting on, EA didn't do much with the license, Fallen Order was ok at best, Battlefront 2 was riddled with controversy over loot boxes, Squadrons seems good but haven't played it yet.

Did they even do any other games? Lego and some mobile ones perhaps?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That terrible MMO, whatever it was called.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Aye, bout the only thing it had going for it was the story... which was actually good tbh.

There were rumours at the time that it was originally designed as a single player game, and they bolted the MMO stuff on towards the end.

But then there were also rumours that Dragon Age Inquisition was originally an MMO that got turned into a single player game :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
There were rumours at the time that it was originally designed as a single player game, and they bolted the MMO stuff on towards the end.

But then there were also rumours that Dragon Age Inquisition was originally an MMO that got turned into a single player game :)

thats the problem with EA, you never bloody know. Glad they're no longer holding star wars hostage tho... might get some good star wars games now.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
That was the first one, Galaxies. There was one by EA too. Star Wars: The Old Republic Which wasn't actually that terrible to level up to 50, just nothing to do once you were at 50 :)

The latest set of expansions have been quite fun, but they basically admitted its best played single player so not much of an mmo anymore, more massively singleplayer online game these days

gmloki

Part of the furniture
No big fan of Ubisoft. A lot of their developed and published games all feel and play the same with a different skin on them. Don't really enjoy the experience.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
No big fan of Ubisoft. A lot of their developed and published games all feel and play the same with a different skin on them. Don't really enjoy the experience.
Just completed valhalla storyline. And am 20 plus hours in to fenyx.

i like them. Looking forward to far cry in may

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I can take or leave the Ubisoft games, they are mindless arcadey action with a largely unimportant story line, which is nice sometimes just for relaxing. The Farcry games are entertaining enough but a bit thin on the ground for actual story or content. The taking drugs side missions in (4, I think it was?) were amazingly funny though. You could tell the world around you was carrying on as normal but seen through a drug fuelled haze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom