e-mail hosting

jas_k1

Fledgling Freddie
Just following on from preivous message regarding barrysworld.com e-mails. Can someone let me know more about e-mail hosting.

I do the website for our CoD clan www.kronos1.org but have never really looked into the e-mail hosting side. I have a couple of questions?

1) how cheap is it to have pop3 e-mail accounts @kronos1.org (not forwaring like i have at the moment)

2) does the e-mail host have to be the same as website host?

3) Do any of you have links to hosting companies that give a good service?

thanks,

JAS

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Whatever your hoster charges! I have my domain with ukhost4u, they give you alsorts of shit to do with hosting, mysql and so on, and unlimited pop3 mailboxes for 30 quid a year.

I've been with them nearly 2 years now and they are pretty solid in terms of uptime (2-3 days down in 18 months or so).

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Your DNS provider has to provide you with your domain email addresses: This is usually the company that hosts your domain , but sometimes it can be your domain registrar, depending on your domain setup.

jas_k1

Fledgling Freddie
looks great so much for 30 quid

they look like a good outfit might move to them. :D

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
jas_k1 said:
they look like a good outfit might move to them. :D
They are worth it and they arent to pricey either.

jas_k1

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
Your DNS provider has to provide you with your domain email addresses: This is usually the company that hosts your domain , but sometimes it can be your domain registrar, depending on your domain setup.

Thanks that's what i thought. My site is hosted by a friend and i use www.mydomain.com to forward my url onto my hosted site

therefore I don't really have a host at the moment hence the question could someone host my e-mail separately but i guess i will have to point my sites DNS servers to whomever hosts.

Eek that sounds more complicated than it is. lol

Cyfr

Banned
I got mine from www.hostingit365.com its an american site but ive never had any problems that couldn't be solved with a quick message to the 24/7 support. Although my email is rendered usless thanks to some twat who posts on FH signing me up to loads of spam.

Edit: Although because of the unlimited bandwidth and space, ukhost4u looks a lot better deal :)

*ponders about moving*

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
well i just got my barrysworld email address replacement from www.fasthosts.co.uk

20 quid a year for 15 pop3 mailboxes + 100mb of webspace. The domain cost 5.95 to register. I'm pleased with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom