Misc E Cigarettes

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah you have to get used to the nicotine delivery. Apparently most of it gets absorbed in the mount and throat rather than by the lungs (So I read anyway)

I prefer smoking but it just seems like a waste of money really. I smoke roll ups and even then its £20-£25 a week that I could be spanking up the wall on something else, like more booze. Juice is less than £5 a bottle and one lasts me most of a week (With cigs at the weekend)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Bodhi - I'm not being superior - I'm with @Raven totally on his point. It's a waste of money - you don't get owt out of it other than temporary nicotine withdrawal alleviation. And as he said - he could spunk £25 / week on booze instead and at least it's more sociable :)

As per my first post on it. It boggles the mind. Well, not *really* because I used to smoke weed mixed with tobacco/nicotine and I know how hard it was to knock that on the head after just a couple of years. - and it wasn't the weed.

Drugs should come with a good side. I wonder if tobacco's well-understood ubiquity is partially responsible for part of the general public's distaste for other (safer and better) drugs. They see the effects that, say, extacy has on people and equate the modification of behaviour with physical harm in some stupid but entirely ape-like way, with a subliminal understanding that tobacco does fuck all (apart from grumpyness) yet is really bad for you...

Meh?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Oh I do love it when people try to feel all superior over smokers when they love a good drink. No hypocrisy there whatsoever. None. At all.

Anyway I've tried a few e cigs but they haven't really been for me, they're kind of like the local beer you get on all inclusive holidays. Sure it tastes like beer, and the sensation is similar, but there's just something missing.

Also, strangely I find them far more addictive than real cigs. I can easily go for an hour or two without a cig, but with e cigs it's about 10 minutes....

Nothing to do with feeling superior, its just you don't get anything from it, what a waste of time!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
@Bodhi - I'm not being superior - I'm with @Raven totally on his point. It's a waste of money - you don't get owt out of it other than temporary nicotine withdrawal alleviation. And as he said - he could spunk £25 / week on booze instead and at least it's more sociable :)

As per my first post on it. It boggles the mind. Well, not *really* because I used to smoke weed mixed with tobacco/nicotine and I know how hard it was to knock that on the head after just a couple of years. - and it wasn't the weed.

Drugs should come with a good side. I wonder if tobacco's well-understood ubiquity is partially responsible for part of the general public's distaste for other (safer and better) drugs. They see the effects that, say, extacy has on people and equate the modification of behaviour with physical harm in some stupid but entirely ape-like way, with a subliminal understanding that tobacco does fuck all (apart from grumpyness) yet is really bad for you...

Meh?

Not really, as most other drugs were criminalised long before the dangers of smoking became apparent.

Not sure if I'd say there were no benefits to smoking either, it is a stimulant and are great for dealing with jet lag, plus that early morning headrush is awesome. I've met just about everyone I know including the OH whilst outside having a smoke, and if you want to get the inside track on where the company is going, then the smoking area tends to be the place to go.

Sure it's cost some money (albeit less now I travel a lot) but overall I have absolutely no regrets about starting. I could quit but enjoy the taste of a good cigarette far too much for that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not really, as most other drugs were criminalised long before the dangers of smoking became apparent.
Nah, in the 60's and 70's people were a lot less puritanical about drug use.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Nah, in the 60's and 70's people were a lot less puritanical about drug use.

Only in London and California dude, the rest of the world? They were pretty much as bad as today.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nah. There's nothing special about the places. Drugs have been commonly used for as long as we've been human. Meh.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Would recommend the Kanger Subtank Mini with something like the Eleaf 50w or other variable voltage box.

Best EJuice

http://thecaptainsreserve.com/

The traitor and Captains Custard are awesome.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I smoked one for 18 months. I saved a fortune but then i became more addicted because of the accessibility of it lol. I've completely quit nicotine together now and just became an all round machine in general

People told me its really difficult to come off nicotine but in my opinion it wasn't as bad as they made out. Try it lads

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I smoked one for 18 months. I saved a fortune but then i became more addicted because of the accessibility of it lol. I've completely quit nicotine together now and just became an all round machine in general

People told me its really difficult to come off nicotine but in my opinion it wasn't as bad as they made out. Try it lads
Hi mate! Always a pleasure when you drop by :)

How's life treating you?

Laddey

FH is my second home
Hi mate! Always a pleasure when you drop by :)

How's life treating you?

Hi pal you ok?

Yeah its really good. Time goes so quick its scary!

How are you? I think I've still got you on Facebook somewhere. Did you get married? Good to hear from you bud, stay safe x

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Hi pal you ok?

Yeah its really good. Time goes so quick its scary!

How are you? I think I've still got you on Facebook somewhere. Did you get married? Good to hear from you bud, stay safe x
Yeah doing great. Got a kid, got married and have another kid on the way.

Yeah, we're still friends on Facebook, I'll give you a pm ;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Would recommend the Kanger Subtank Mini with something like the Eleaf 50w or other variable voltage box.

Best EJuice

Home - The Captains Reserve

The traitor and Captains Custard are awesome.
Currently on a Vengeance Tank (with an Innokin T18 when more portability is required) but frankly I want more. Thinking of getting a SMOK TVF4. It looks a beast. Anyone got one?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Currently on a Vengeance Tank (with an Innokin T18 when more portability is required) but frankly I want more. Thinking of getting a SMOK TVF4. It looks a beast. Anyone got one?

You do know there's poison-free (isch) cigarettes to smoke instead of having to look like a complete dick with one of these. Or, you could just quit?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You do know there's poison-free (isch) cigarettes to smoke instead of having to look like a complete dick with one of these. Or, you could just quit?
Married with two kids. I care little about how much of a dick I look. In fact, having a beer-belly and sucking away on weird contraptions probably keeps all the fanny away that lesser men would get tempted by.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Married with two kids. I care little about how much of a dick I look. In fact, having a beer-belly and sucking away on weird contraptions probably keeps all the fanny away that lesser men would get tempted by.

I respect that!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

Nothing wrong with being tempted, and if you have to use the beer belly and other less manly contraptions to keep the fanny away, that translates to you not being able to hold off were it not for such tricks.

I welcome the fanny, it's a pleasant exercise into futility, whilst caressing my ego. You know, ego?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I occasionally smoke when pissed, it's mostly just something to do, the feeling in your lungs and the lack of oxygen rush, not addicted in anyway, hate the frickin things when sober.
I'm pretty sure e-cigs are 90% process habit fixes, going outside, putting it in your mouth ..

Litmus

Resident Freddy
W11QbL2.png

Couldn't ever imagine smoking ever again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom