Dyvet?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
What's the pop looking like on Dyvet these days? I miss DAoC and I can't even play on shards because I get constant LD. Thinking about trying to organise a mass return of old players to dyvet, waddaya think?

Lucius

Banned
As much as everyone would like it to work, a mass return just wouldn't be feasable as people have moved on and those who say they'd come back would probably bail out when things serious. Everyone says they want to come back but in reality if everyone wanted to Dyvet would be prosperous again. I think it's a matter of no one trusting each other to return if they renew their account.

In short, I don't think it would work and there really is no point in renewing when you have 20 online primetime.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I'm also considering to buy 1 month and check it out when I get some spare time on my hands.

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
Another 'should I come back thread' instantly met with NO!

If everyone who wants to come back came back, there wouldn't be a population issue on Dyvet.

It's gotta start somewhere!

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
What's the pop looking like on Dyvet these days? I miss DAoC and I can't even play on shards because I get constant LD. Thinking about trying to organise a mass return of old players to dyvet, waddaya think?

Population roughly around 25 on Dyvet these days.

If you return you could probably join Remotewanksess/Abderbum in taking towers/keeps but then you need set you alarm clock as they only ever do this when population is offline :lol:

As far as I know around 2 people are playing Hib and around same for Mid so make you own conclusions.

Soulja

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Good job on killing Dyvet Soulja and blaming it on others.

I bet you are the master of bullshit bingo at work (if you have a job).

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Ah Manky my dear assole of a bloke nice to see you still alive contributing shit to these boards and enticing :flame:

Dyvet was already fucked before we got back manky just a shame you couldn't handle it when we did play :lol:

Soulja

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ah Manky my dear assole of a bloke nice to see you still alive contributing shit to these boards and enticing :flame:

Dyvet was already fucked before we got back manky just a shame you couldn't handle it when we did play :lol:

Soulja

Mouhaha, he got his ass handed to him...... in America!!! (that is being banned)

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
Will come back for the 5th novemeber meet up!

Kados

Loyal Freddie
COPY FROM ANOTHER FORUM

Rising from the dust of the scorched earth, left behind by feeble orcs, wimpsy elfs and cartoon driven childish graphics, Dark Age of Camelot is still the benchmark game for player versus player combat, in a charecter base MMO game.

Realising this, combined with the iching in my dot finger for playing a real shaman, and the iching in my trigger finger to see the so-called Shaman class in WAR, I have started the cosa nostra of Prydwen aka the dead daoc server.

Philosofi states, that you allways need an enemy, an opponent, to measure youself against the world. However the common comment regarding the Dyvet server is: "The server is dead, there are no mid, and no enemies." Watching this frame of mind I realised the self fullfilling prophecy within it. If you stop playing due to lack of opponents, your opponents will see their enemies deminish. That is the hindrance of playerbased games. The game itself is an empty shall we can inhabit, a sandbox we can sit down and play in, with eachother. Without the other kids on the playground, there and not much else then the sand to play with. There are no one in the sandbox to play with, but once your childass hits the sand, and your shovel digs deep, you are in the box. Someone is in the box. The first playmate is in the box, making the box "not-empty".

Enough!
Best game made regarding player vs player, Realm vs Realm. Time to be the lone kid in the sandbox having fun, waving to the crestfallen kids on the football field, showing them the true life.

The server is not dead, I am here. If you are an ally or an enemy know this: I am here. And wether you stand by my side or charge me from the side, pops from the unseen, or reveal youself from above to bring the sky upon me, know this: I am here (Yes, we can! ;) ) Because the game is a frame and the people makes the content. Join me.

Regard
Eben

- English -

Resident Freddy
COPY FROM ANOTHER FORUM

Rising from the dust of the scorched earth, left behind by feeble orcs, wimpsy elfs and cartoon driven childish graphics, Dark Age of Camelot is still the benchmark game for player versus player combat, in a charecter base MMO game.

Realising this, combined with the iching in my dot finger for playing a real shaman, and the iching in my trigger finger to see the so-called Shaman class in WAR, I have started the cosa nostra of Prydwen aka the dead daoc server.

Philosofi states, that you allways need an enemy, an opponent, to measure youself against the world. However the common comment regarding the Dyvet server is: "The server is dead, there are no mid, and no enemies." Watching this frame of mind I realised the self fullfilling prophecy within it. If you stop playing due to lack of opponents, your opponents will see their enemies deminish. That is the hindrance of playerbased games. The game itself is an empty shall we can inhabit, a sandbox we can sit down and play in, with eachother. Without the other kids on the playground, there and not much else then the sand to play with. There are no one in the sandbox to play with, but once your childass hits the sand, and your shovel digs deep, you are in the box. Someone is in the box. The first playmate is in the box, making the box "not-empty".

Enough!
Best game made regarding player vs player, Realm vs Realm. Time to be the lone kid in the sandbox having fun, waving to the crestfallen kids on the football field, showing them the true life.

The server is not dead, I am here. If you are an ally or an enemy know this: I am here. And wether you stand by my side or charge me from the side, pops from the unseen, or reveal youself from above to bring the sky upon me, know this: I am here (Yes, we can! ;) ) Because the game is a frame and the people makes the content. Join me.

Regard
Eben

should be some half decent action tonight with everyone saying they renewing. I just hope people dont log after dying like usual

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
hey all,

Nice to see you back in active duty Kados, KimKasper, Rolv and others. I have been here all the time i dont need to renew, just to re-welcome old friends and foes, let us show the mob (Goa) that we can get the best out of it, and fight fight fight, cause war is to me a flop the real thing is here in our old well know hated and beloved DAOC............

Best greetings

Vonwar
GM - Danish Huscarls Prydwen/Excalibur = Dyvet...:cheers:

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
What is this Dyvet server I keep reading about? Are there any active DAoC servers at all, official or non-official?

I'm very tempted to resubscribe but I'd need to do so on a populated cluster/server, where's everyone playing these days?

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
there are some activeness on avalon i guess and on US servers

Tiawhyn

Fledgling Freddie
What is this Dyvet server I keep reading about? Are there any active DAoC servers at all, official or non-official?

I'm very tempted to resubscribe but I'd need to do so on a populated cluster/server, where's everyone playing these days?

Don't bother. I resubbed just for shits and giggles and there are never more then 5 people on when i'm on (hib-excal). Nothing to do but pve or pve keeps. And even now you get emoted when you get killed by two mids towing a bot around lol classic. Even with a population of 10 people on two combined servers over three realms there have to be asshats.

/rant off

If you want to play DaoC till the servers are all empty you'd be better of just starting on the classic cluster in the US. they have a fair bit of rvr going still for how long it will last. Leveling is easy and templating wont be a problem. either. If you level in the battlegrounds you be around rr 3.9 when you enter NF rvr so you have a bit of a chance allthough it will be hard at first.

Euro servers are dead and when the break even point is passed when rvr still is viable and fun on the US servers they soon will be deserted to.:(

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't bother. I resubbed just for shits and giggles and there are never more then 5 people on when i'm on (hib-excal). Nothing to do but pve or pve keeps. And even now you get emoted when you get killed by two mids towing a bot around lol classic. Even with a population of 10 people on two combined servers over three realms there have to be asshats.

/rant off

If you want to play DaoC till the servers are all empty you'd be better of just starting on the classic cluster in the US. they have a fair bit of rvr going still for how long it will last. Leveling is easy and templating wont be a problem. either. If you level in the battlegrounds you be around rr 3.9 when you enter NF rvr so you have a bit of a chance allthough it will be hard at first.

Euro servers are dead and when the break even point is passed when rvr still is viable and fun on the US servers they soon will be deserted to.:(

It really depends on through whos eyes you see the game. Now hibs have been dominating this server since summer 2008 and ok not more than 5 online.

In Midgard i have noticed 10-17 online which is more than we have had for quite some time. When hibs dominated we were more like 1-5 online, but now it is more fun for us, we have even been running FG fighting 4 hibs one evening, very much fun, we are half the RR of what they are, so we play more or less equal up to eachother, meaning that you can if it is a good night gain 10 - 15 or even 20.000 RP in different fights around towers, keeps and in the open countryside.

I know it is not a full server, but it surely is not completely dead yet.

Best Regards

Vonwar

P.S. German super cluster owns, 1500 - 2000 online every night, LOTS of RvR , if you cant understand (improve your skills). Choose the realm you know from Dyvet, you will hardly have any language problems. Whereas playing US you need to buy a new game clients or 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom