dyvet

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
T

However, it doesn't have much priority since (ENGLISH) DAOC isn't exactly a great moneymaker anymore (And I suspect it never really was) and as mentioned before, their focus is probably with WAR (and other projects) right now.

I very much agree.

Which is why it's incredible Mythic chose to sell the english speaking franchise of WAR to GoA in the first place.

Do they not realise it's setting the game up for the same problems DAoC currently faces in Europe?

Sure, ... with the language being client side you can co-excist on the same server as french or germans. But... I don't think it will be appealing to many people to play a game where a majority of the players speak and write a different language. I for one felt it annoying running on classic or the pvp server, constantly seeing french in the major channels.

The simple solution would be to have the EU english WAR servers located as part of the states server park and thus run by Mythic.

This would also address the problem of having to face a game mismanaged by the GoA teams which so far have proven their inability to match up to the demand.

C

Carss

They're working on a solution that makes it possible to cluster multilangually.

Is this actually true because GOA havnt actually said anything about it, i guess thats all you know and its probabaly one person at GOA working on it in his lunch break when he can be bothered and work has probabaly stopped on it due to 1.88 problems.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
I think Mythic makes more money if you play on US servers. Thanks to GOA the game will be localized and known on French, German and Spanish markets. And thanks to GOA many will play on US servers, so they have the english market :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think Mythic makes more money if you play on US servers. Thanks to GOA the game will be localized and known on French, German and Spanish markets. And thanks to GOA many will play on US servers, so they have the english market :)

warhammer would be known to those countries anyway. the franchise is so huge u cant miss it if ur even the slightest intrested in that game serie.

but it has to be said that with the locilzation they WILL get more subs.

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
Going back to the issue of the english game not being a moneymaker... GOA have only themselves to blame... their complete lack of marketing activity made sure that it never had the level of population that was sustainable... hell the delivery to the UK and release dates were an issue right from the start putting the UK game on it's back foot right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom