Dyvet Poll - Merged NF areas across different servers?

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Might as well shut down the lot if they don't see that investing 10k Euros in a cluster, just for the sake of having a "English Speaking" Server up and running, and cluster NF zones of Dyvet with German Clusters would give em a long term subscription income. If they have any sort of Business Vision (which i highly doubt of course judging from the past) that's it.
That said if they could just cluster the NF zones (as it's hinted) the problem is solved itselves cause there would be an English Speaking cluster -.-
If after all this mess they do cluster with Italian and Spanish servers altho, i bet that some1 must be really stupid or have a really bad grudge against Uk speaking Player Base.
Oh and 7k eu playerbase every month it's 90k euros incoming. If the whole operation makes that number increase to 8k (it's a pessimistic gamble btw cause Uk cluster had 3k playerbase at its maximum) it's a 13k more incoming every month, ie the roi is spanned over a single month. It's a win win situation over a losing one, can't see why they shouldn't try it at this point.

Gahn 84000 euros a month aint that much mate. Imagine if they have like 20 ppl working for the game (and they dont receive minimum wage) more the production cost for the cds+box+manual considering that DR is free so no income there, plust server maintainance and parts, network conection wich obviously aint a home connection plus the domain plus maintainance, consumables and loads of shit im not saying thats like 90%.

Put yourself in theyr position, if you had the 10% left would you rather spend it on a cluster with 2000ppl primetime or spend it on a cluster with max 200 prime?

The cheapest and more profitable solution would be players paying a fee to have theyr chars transfered but then again everyone would move outside dyvet and would be considered an encouragement to have ppl leave even more...double sided sword if you ask me.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
it quite simple...
goa, lets say, its a restaurant...
some ppl have been eating there hot dogs for years n they liked them.
one day they ask for bratwurst...
goa says it not on the menu, if u want bratwurst, plz visit our 1st floor. there is free beer too.
some ppl eager to taste these bratwurst, run upstairs.
others insist on sittin on their ass n waitin for the bratwurst to walk all the way to their feet.

:drink:

good point :)

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Originally Posted by partyanimal
it quite simple...
goa, lets say, its a restaurant...
some ppl have been eating there hot dogs for years n they liked them.
one day they ask for bratwurst...
goa says it not on the menu, if u want bratwurst, plz visit our 1st floor. there is free beer too.
some ppl eager to taste these bratwurst, run upstairs.
others insist on sittin on their ass n waitin for the bratwurst to walk all the way to their feet.

good point :)

Well, a fine tuned business would see the fact a large amount of lazy buggers were still on the ground floor and make a quick decision to introduce mobile catering, thus keeping all people happy.

You see in our society 'if' I pay for something I expect a service, I don't expect to be told "sorry mate, get stuffed, we can't do that' I will just go elsewhere.

Lets not be wrong here GOA's done a great job of keeping some parts of Europe Happy, unfortunately they failed totally with the English community (inc players from other countries ofc).

This whole idea of merging NF only was raised here on these forums a long time ago in the hope someone could save Dyvet, sadly we were ignored, until some bright spark in Mythic also came up with the same idea then suddenly the time was right!

Eble

I highly doubt merly merging Dyvet NF zone with other servers would make people return from US/other European servers, I mean there is not really any incentive to move back. Most people will by this time have a strong base on their new server and have their mains duplicated, or just made new chars/classes they liked, so why would they drop all this and instantly run back to a server thats just as dead PvE wise but now have some RvR.

I think to make any money out of dyvet they need to appeal to the people who left because they thought very little of NF and rather had something new or went back to OF. This could ofcourse be appealing to other people in europe aswell, and on US servers wich would be a better strategy if trying to raise the overall population and playability of Dyvet. Just merging the Dyvet NF zone while remaining as a NF server wouldn't really bring any people back I'm afraid, then again Dyvet would instantly be playable again...I guess this is the desicion GoA are facing aswell. :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"I highly doubt merly merging Dyvet NF zone with other servers would make people return from US/other European servers, I mean there is not really any incentive to move back."

It would however be an incentive for old timers to resub - ones who never left excal/pryd to begin with...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I highly doubt merly merging Dyvet NF zone with other servers would make people return from US/other European servers, I mean there is not really any incentive to move back. Most people will by this time have a strong base on their new server and have their mains duplicated, or just made new chars/classes they liked, so why would they drop all this and instantly run back to a server thats just as dead PvE wise but now have some RvR.

I think to make any money out of dyvet they need to appeal to the people who left because they thought very little of NF and rather had something new or went back to OF. This could ofcourse be appealing to other people in europe aswell, and on US servers wich would be a better strategy if trying to raise the overall population and playability of Dyvet. Just merging the Dyvet NF zone while remaining as a NF server wouldn't really bring any people back I'm afraid, then again Dyvet would instantly be playable again...I guess this is the desicion GoA are facing aswell. :)

Good point, no reason to return to a server where you can rvr again, but can't find anyone to help pve or farm the dragons with for the kit you need to be competitive now.

Personally i'd love to return from US, but I don't see any point right at this moment in time. US rvr is no different to any EU server except it's populated with players who speak English.

DeathsBows

Fledgling Freddie
after looking closer at the other weeks news....

Of course it is only a matter of combining certain less populated servers with others, and not all the European servers. You should know however, that the server clusters can only be in one language. A British client can be used on a German server, for example, but the majority of in-game information (such as quests or names of items) will be in German, only the interface will be in English.

they did`nt really say anything about combining the nf area on the news but cluster the server .

and were like using the word german and english quite a lot

so maybe (just maybe) they are thinking of clustering the whole server with a german 1

P

Psgdifawe

Hi everyone, just poking my head in to let everyone know i'm a moron again. :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
after looking closer at the other weeks news....

Of course it is only a matter of combining certain less populated servers with others, and not all the European servers. You should know however, that the server clusters can only be in one language. A British client can be used on a German server, for example, but the majority of in-game information (such as quests or names of items) will be in German, only the interface will be in English.

they did`nt really say anything about combining the nf area on the news but cluster the server .

and were like using the word german and english quite a lot

so maybe (just maybe) they are thinking of clustering the whole server with a german 1

Another repeat of the classic clustering maybe?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Good point, no reason to return to a server where you can rvr again, but can't find anyone to help pve or farm the dragons with for the kit you need to be competitive now.

Personally i'd love to return from US, but I don't see any point right at this moment in time. US rvr is no different to any EU server except it's populated with players who speak English.

if they cluster dyvet im pretty sure there will be atleast 200-500 players who will come back and they will ofc also have to to the pve so dont think it will be all empty with no raids . you also need like 1 fg now days to do everything.

if they cluster dyvet im pretty sure there will be atleast 200-500 players who will come back and they will ofc also have to to the pve so dont think it will be all empty with no raids . you also need like 1 fg now days to do everything.

Aye aye mate you should listen to the deagle, I speak the truth really.

Seriously though, why would anyone return to a server they left months ago, or return to a game they quit months ago if all there is to offer is roleback of dyvet state with a cupple of months. What will happend when the people who hopped back suddenly hopps back to their german/us cluster? Back to where it was, 15 population at prime where 50% are bots.

I think the only incentive that would make it intersting for people to come back to dyvet is to make it have something no other server has to offer, low popultion isn't gonna be that much of an incentive, or carrot. In the end it is all about balancing or if you will, moving population from a to b, and the best way to do that would be to revert to an OF server. Then you will have a shot at attracting 1) People who left around NF but never found that GAME post daoc 2) People who rather would play on a OF server then a NF one ( mayor flaws in RvR design and so on ) 3) People draw people, as soon as you have a server who have a healthy population with 1000+ on prime the nummber will grow, it is just basic human pshycology, people tend to crowd up.

Only problem is if the server draws to many people, and then render already lower population clusters in a simular state to what dyvet is today, some people leave, then others follow.

For me personally, wich I really only can speak of, its like this. I have 3 ml10 rr7-8 chars on dyvet, I got 2 buffbots and I got items. But I lost interst in the server all together, for me my chars are dead, I doubt I will ever play them again on a NF server due to flaws in design that is contra my classes role in RvR. Alas, I also have 2 chars on German clusters wich I'm happy enough with to play a few hours in the weeks; for me DAoC lost the WOW factor long ago and I'm merly waiting for something better to come along the way. With that said, I would be hyped up enough over an OF server that I indeed would return and play again on dyvet almost with no regard to the population.

I did play alot of freeshards ( i50 ) and I KNOW I enjoyed my time there ( a few months, on a 1.65 server with Mythic ruleset ) alot more then I enjoyed Live daoc the last 2-3 years. Now I'm not saying I 100% hate NF, it has its moments but it is not close to what OF brought in RvR and 8v8 action.

Lastly, I'm baised since I always been hostile to NF and never really liked the design and if I'm to be frank I think NF was a dissaster all together that never should have been implemented.:p

/edit, I been hinking czech absinth for 2 days so If my punctuation (sp???) or logic is abit off here and there tis not me bu' the green goo!

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
way too much text

You say you had 3xml10 chars around rr8...myself i have 18 lvl 50 chars not gonna even say rrs or mls cause it gives me headache...most ppl still come back to daoc cause franqly there is no other game like daoc. Its also about gained friendship gained over the years, ence several ppl still post here.
I´ve played daoc for more then 4 years now and i´ve tryed almost every mmorpg out there but failed to find one that addicts me as much as daoc.
So you see there are plenty of reasons why ppl come back tbh.

You say you had 3xml10 chars around rr8...myself i have 18 lvl 50 chars not gonna even say rrs or mls cause it gives me headache...most ppl still come back to daoc cause franqly there is no other game like daoc. Its also about gained friendship gained over the years, ence several ppl still post here.
I´ve played daoc for more then 4 years now and i´ve tryed almost every mmorpg out there but failed to find one that addicts me as much as daoc.
So you see there are plenty of reasons why ppl come back tbh.

Well I still think my point stands since most people when they rerolled or they did so with a group, or with the intention to join an already existing guild on their target server/cluster. So again I ask what would the main incentive be to come back to dyvet if its clustered with some other low population italian/spanish server? If you are already playing with a core of your "friends" / gaming buddys then you should be pritty much sorted in that area, I mean there is a limit on how many people you can have relations with, even in a MMO.

P.S my point with stating some chars was to picture the average player character nummber. Having 2-4 templated chars whom are ml10 is probably standard after 4-5 years playing. I have more myself spread on German cluster, Lamorak, US servers, but on Dyvet I recon I have 3-4 rr7-8 chars whom are ml10 and in topshelf templates ( well outdated now, but counting back when dyvet was playable )

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Well I still think my point stands since most people when they rerolled or they did so with a group, or with the intention to join an already existing guild on their target server/cluster. So again I ask what would the main incentive be to come back to dyvet if its clustered with some other low population italian/spanish server? If you are already playing with a core of your "friends" / gaming buddys then you should be pritty much sorted in that area, I mean there is a limit on how many people you can have relations with, even in a MMO.

P.S my point with stating some chars was to picture the average player character nummber. Having 2-4 templated chars whom are ml10 is probably standard after 4-5 years playing. I have more myself spread on German cluster, Lamorak, US servers, but on Dyvet I recon I have 3-4 rr7-8 chars whom are ml10 and in topshelf templates ( well outdated now, but counting back when dyvet was playable )

Well i do realize dyvet´s situation is far from good atm. But if you walk around FH ( i believe in alb section ) there are ppl saying they are having lots of fun playing this way( including myself ). Ofc i wouldnt advise to anyone who´s purely interested in 8vs8 but if you want some quite fights no zergs or clash of spells everywere getting killed from god knows where its pretty ok atm, even noticed a small increase of players last 2 months... who knows might be ok in the near future....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom