Dynamic Flash

K

Krazeh

Anyone done anything linking ASP and flash together to create dynamic flash movies?

J

Jonty

Hi Krazeh

Do you mean passing variables from ASP to a Flash movie, which in turn alters its output accordingly? Or do you mean generating a whole movie via ASP which is then outputted as a Flash movie?

Whatever the case, perhaps [UKLans]Khan may be able to assist you, due to his general love for all things ASP :D hehe

Kind Regards

K

Krazeh

I meant passing variables to a flash movie which then alters its output, basically i'm looking at an dynamic news menu which loads an image for the story, then fades out and replaces it with the headline. Obviously to work well it needs to update whenever the news is updated.

J

Jonty

I see. Well, although not quite the same, this ASP 101 tutorial should explain the basics about passing variables from one to the other. To be honest, this is the hardest part, as once you have this mastered the rest should relatively straight forward.

Personally, I'd use a little Javascript and DHTML, but using Flash has its advantages, I suppose. Whatever you do, don't hesitate to post again if you need help, or if just want to show what you eventually code :)

Kind Regards

K

Krazeh

While I think using flash integrated with asp would be an easier approach to what i want i am interested in knowing how you'd go about the getting the same sort of result using javascript and dhtml.

J

Jonty

Hi Krazeh

Having re-read what you're after, I think I better retract my statement :( It is possible, just about, to do what you want with DHTML and Javascript, but after investigating it further, it would take a lot of code to accomplish it well. So it seems you may be best off with Flash after all.

Sorry for misleading you

U

[UKLans]Khan

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I had to go into hospital to have my appendix out :( (man that hurt)

Krazeh, I have never actually used asp and flash together, however if you know a little about both things you will not struggle.

I have found some very useful articles on asp and flash integration, check them out and let us know how you get on:

This one is the best I've read so far:

http://www.asp101.com/articles/flash/

Another good one:

http://www.flzone.net/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=2002

Hope these help,

Khan

Users who are viewing this thread