DVD player

Cyfr

Banned
Hey, i'm after a dvd player that will play all formats, divx, xvid, on dvd-rw's etc..

I'm not sure what extra stuff apart from the format dvd players do, I guess the price difference means something :p

Any recomendations would be great, thanks :D

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
If you want cheap go to your local Tescos.
Otherwise I'm sure the "gurus" will have words of wisdom :)

Cyfr

Banned
Should have said, budget is around £120 I guess, can go a lil over..
(Wish I could spend £400 and get the one on the first page of kiss :p)

Clown

Part of the furniture
There's a Sony one. It's nice. Ask Ch3tan for the link.
(I think it was Sony, oi Ch3tans wakes ups pleases)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I have a Kiss 1000 and it has done everything it says it will so far. There are a couple of DivX files it won't play for some reason, but on the whole it has played everything.

Apparently it does get hung up playing mp3 CD's, but then I have never put it to the test. It is also flashable with new firmware, though again I haven't had the need to try it.

Good value for just over £100 when I bought mine, even better value now I think.

RB

Yaka

Part of the furniture
there are a few cheapo ones like yamada , liteone and a phillips one on amazon.co.uk all of em are cheaper than kiss ones.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If the Pioneer is anything like my DVD515, the remote will be shit - although its a good player. The buttons on the remote are tiny, not shaped in any way, and there are about 5 billion of them.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
just get a cheap as chips dvd player then hack the region coding.

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
The Pioneer 575 is a great player (not really had any problems with the remote, as I use one of those 'sexeh' remotes tom), but it's DivX implementation isn't the greatest.

The latest firmware provides subtitles, but there seems to be a problem playing NTSC DivX files. I'm not sure whether it's an fps issue, or a DivX version issue, but some files have an 'orrible judder all the way through them.

The Kiss models seem to manage just about everything... not sure about the picture/audio quality tho.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hmm, not had any problems with divx's myself SoWat, and Tom the remote is different to the older models. It has shaped buttons and everything.

Brynn cheap as chips players give you cheap as chips quality as well.

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
I would deffo recommend richer sounds you can either get a new model (they do chipping as well) or even better do what my mum did get and end of line dvd player for a bargain price.

Mums new dvd should have cost 400£ when it 1st came out 1 year down the line n its 160£ (brand new out of the box NOT reconditioned).

Picture difference between a cheapo dvd player and a mid range decent one is quite frankly amazing.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
A chipped xbox is your friend - will set you back ~120 quid and play everything you care to chuck at it. Plus you can do lots of other crap with it :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
nath said:
A chipped xbox is your friend - will set you back ~120 quid and play everything you care to chuck at it. Plus you can do lots of other crap with it :)

^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom