DvD player replacement

Sleet

Fledgling Freddie
My DvD players packed in but the speakers are fine. Anyone know of easily availible DvD players that have 5.1 sound output sockets but not the speakers? Don't see the point of buying the whole lot.

Every player i've found so far without speakers dont have the sockets to accept them!!

Or anyone know of stores that offer options, like a decent cinema system for £200 or without speakers £150 (figures for example :D )? if you follow!

Any help is much appreciated!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
My Toshiba 520e has pre-out (unamplified) 5.1 speaker outputs, is that what you're after? I'm not entirely sure what set up you had but from what you said I assume you bought a DVD player that came with speakers and no amp that goes inbetween? If so, I've not really seen this sort of thing before so not too sure tbh. If you post a little more about your setup I might be able to help.

Sleet

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
My Toshiba 520e has pre-out (unamplified) 5.1 speaker outputs, is that what you're after? I'm not entirely sure what set up you had but from what you said I assume you bought a DVD player that came with speakers and no amp that goes inbetween? If so, I've not really seen this sort of thing before so not too sure tbh. If you post a little more about your setup I might be able to help.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews75980.html

The link is what i have, just a standard home cinema sort of job. Just seems silly to to spend a heap of money on a complete new system to end up with 6 speakers to put in the cupboard!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh I see - not so sure on those sort of systems so I'm not too sure what to say though I 'spect dysfunction has already given you plenty to go on.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
shame XBMC dont yet support dvd menus yet, walks oiver everything else

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The problem is finding a DVD Player with a built in Amp. You seem only to be able to buy them with the speakers etc in one bundle.

Perhaps you could buy an Amp and a really cheap DVD Player. That way you wont have any redundant speakers left over...

Would Cost you roughly the same as a new Home cinema system though but seperates are usually better anyway

Sleet

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks very much dysfunction! The amp looks pretty sweet, reckon i'm sold on that!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nooooo! Read some reviews before buying an A/V amp. Even the cheap ones. Denon do an entry level one for around the £200 mark, probably get it cheaper online. model number is 1905. It trounces over the other amps in the entry level price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom