Dvd/Home Cinema Projector Units

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I have an Optoma H30 - it's immense. From the look of the spec, i'd say it's about the same sort of spec as mine and therefore it'll be pretty decent.

However, i'm not keen on an all in one DVD/Projector unit, i recommend getting a nice seperate DVD player - if you ever want to ceiling mount it, then putting discs in and out will be a complete PITA.

Something to be wary of: it may say it's HD compatible, but it's nowhere high enough resolution to support HD natively - the res is only 854 x 480 which is adequate for DVD but you won't make the most of HD's higher resolutions.

Probably a good unit for the price - what's your budget out of interest?

I highly recommend going to your local Sevenoaks Sound and Vision and getting a back to back demo of several projectors to see what more money buys you. You may want to push the boat out and get the next model up. Additionally, take some of your favourite DVDs to demo that you're familiar with. Dark films typically show up poor projectors (the matrix, LotR:TTT, blade runner) as they can't reproduce black detail well.

Hope this helps.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm considering taking out a slightly larger mortgage to get the H79 :D

Clown

Part of the furniture
Big G said:
I have an Optoma H30 - it's immense. From the look of the spec, i'd say it's about the same sort of spec as mine and therefore it'll be pretty decent.

However, i'm not keen on an all in one DVD/Projector unit, i recommend getting a nice seperate DVD player - if you ever want to ceiling mount it, then putting discs in and out will be a complete PITA.

Something to be wary of: it may say it's HD compatible, but it's nowhere high enough resolution to support HD natively - the res is only 854 x 480 which is adequate for DVD but you won't make the most of HD's higher resolutions.

I highly recommend going to your local Sevenoaks Sound and Vision and getting a back to back demo of several projectors to see what more money buys you. You may want to push the boat out and get the next model up. Additionally, take some of your favourite DVDs to demo that you're familiar with. Dark films typically show up poor projectors (the matrix, LotR:TTT, blade runner) as they can't reproduce black detail well.

Hope this helps.
I wrote exactly the same post. Where did my post go? Fuck.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Big G said:

Hope this helps.

Thank's for the comments guys

My budget is undecided - I can puchase through work and get it on 10 months interest free so anything up to £1000 I guess - maybe a bit more for something special.

I don't really know what I want - I saw this and thought "what a funky little gadget". I was more impressed with the fact I can just take it and some dvd's anywhere so if I go over to my parent's or friends I can take something, sit it on the floor and point it at a wall..

HDTV I saw as being an added bonus - it's not something that would or would not make me buy something, as it's not got the res to do a HDTV broadcast I might consider something else.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom