News Dutch ban ritual slaughter of animals

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Excellent. Now maybe they'll ban Halal meat in this country (lol, fat chance!).

Belief in a batshit crazy system doesn't justify animal cruelty.

One of the first measures taken during the Occupation [by Nazi Germany during World War II] was the closing of kosher abattoirs

He didn't get it all wrong then eh?

Fuck religion. Fuck it in the ass.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
no, they were trying ass-fucking in the name of religion. subtle yet significant difference...both for givers and takers :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
on topic though: it's a ban on alternative slaughter methods...unless they can prove it doesn't cause (more) trauma in the animal. Initiated by the animal party tree-huggers.

That said, I am more a carnivore than herbivore, and while I like eating steak, lamb, hell...more or less anything really, I don't particularly like to see the beastie suffer unduly. Kill the blighter as quickly as possible, preferably without it knowing, and I'll happily eat it.

noblok

Part of the furniture
I think it's silly that I'm not allowed to slaughter my own sheep if I were so inclined. In fact I'm a vegetarian, but really: it's a few seconds of pain if done correctly. That seems somewhat insignificant when you're killing an animal for the purpose of your enjoyment.

For the record: I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with eating animals, because you enjoy their taste. I'm just saying that I think that compared to the few seconds of pain they suffer if you kill them yourself 'killing them for your own enjoyment' seems to be the worse crime.

So I agree with Scouse in the sense that "Belief in a batshit crazy system doesn't justify animal cruelty." I just don't think it's animal cruelty.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How does one apply this same style of thinking to humans caught up in war who can die an even more painful death??

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
How does one apply this same style of thinking to humans caught up in war who can die an even more painful death??

I'd like to know that to.

But as long as we have people like Gadaffi and company in charge no laws will help...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I don't see how you can equate the two.

One's an animal cruelty issue, the other's about slaughtering livestock in as painless a way as possible :)

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
killing is killing... simple as that.

don't get me wrong - ritualised animal slaughter is a bit ridiculous however much rather these nut jobs ritualise killing animals rather than humans.

some1 committing murder would get the same sentence ritualised or not.

but yes in an ideal would kill the animal without it knowing - but even so the end result is still the same - dead animal - nice big fat steak on my plate...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Excellent. Now maybe they'll ban Halal meat in this country (lol, fat chance!).
Lol anyone would think you were a pig for the amount of sh** rolling off your post

(see what i did there :D)

*Most* halal meat in this country is from stunned animals so the change in the law won't make much different at all.
However the press drumming this up may result in Denmark losing out because suppliers may just change to someone else to keep their customers happy
I am sure the French and Germans would be more than happy to take their business

Chronictank

FH is my second home
grr edit timer

As for the higher than thou attitude of people talking about 'animal rights', i take it none of you eat bacon? it's essentially killed the same way

rynnor

Rockhound
*Most* halal meat in this country is from stunned animals so the change in the law won't make much different at all.

Are you talking about the reversible stunning? If so I dont see why they dont just adopt that in the Netherlands?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Are you talking about the reversible stunning? If so I dont see why they dont just adopt that in the Netherlands?

There is a lot of debate over whether stunning causes the animal any less trauma (because of the way it is implemented not the process) add to that traditionalists will say because there is a chance the animal is dead after stunning this is not an acceptable method of killing it.

Stunning an animal is not the issue it is the slaughter houses not following proper procedure
http://www.emro.who.int/publications/HealthEdReligion/Slaughter/Chapter4.htm
Comprehensive studies in developed countries, especially New Zealand, have shown that, when applied to the head only, electrical stunning of animals does not cause death, since it is a reversible and recoverable state. If not slaughtered, the animal so stunned would make a full recovery. Heart failure would not, under normal conditions, occur, provided the following specific requirements are met.

The electrodes are applied in a temporal position only, so as to avoid the flow of electric current through the body and the heart. In the case of calves, the frontal-occipital position also was found to be possible.
The electric current should not exceed the limits required to induce epilepsy. It is recommended that stunning devices with amperage rather than voltage limitation capabilities be used, in order to prevent excess amperage when cases of low impedance are encountered. Recommended current levels are 0.75 ampere for sheep and 2.0 amperes for cattle.
The duration of current flow should not exceed the period necessary to produce epilepsy, which is between 3 and 6 seconds.

When the above requirements are met, heart failure is highly improbable, although exceptions cannot be entirely ruled out. Any animals that suffer heart failure for any unforeseeable reason should be clearly identified during slaughter and rejected as not suitable for consumption by Muslims. For, when the heart function stops, blood from the carotid arteries is no longer pulsatile and bleeding is slower than in animals that are slaughtered while still alive. These symptoms are clearly and easily recognizable at the time of slaughter.

Does the animal feel pain?
if the above conditions are met, no
if they aren't (this was found to be the case in some houses) then the animal is under pain
http://www.emro.who.int/publications/HealthEdReligion/Slaughter/Chapter5.htm

Lethul

FH is my second home
Agree with it and hope that swe follows (will not happen tho!)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I declare DK hater! slander! injustice! Defamation & libel

ofcause a Swede, would be naturally if not geneticly blind to such a fact :p
Oh where, oh where is the brotherly love!

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Be interesting to know which body condoned Halal Pork tbh, I got some bridge I'd like to sell to them.

Danita

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I would happily slit religions neck and watch it slowly die a painful death. Fuck you god.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
killing is killing... simple as that

That is so self-evidently ridiculous it's not worth debating tbfh.

Lol anyone would think you were a pig for the amount of sh** rolling off your post...

</Chronictank posts report with no conflicts of interest. None at all. Despite being comissioned by the Muslim World League and written by the obviously impartial Dr Muhammad Abdulmunim Abul Fadl :)

You guys. You made me laugh so hard I went out and kicked a goat to death! :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh, stop making silly laws about things TBH. Out law animal cruelty by all means, but this is just a silly fluffy law.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Meh, on both sides really.

You can ban it all you want, won't stop it happening and it's stupid to let an animal suffer if you can help it. Not to mention, if i was kille, i sure as hell wouldn't care if i was concious or not 'cause YOU'RE F*CKING KILLING ME!

So meh and meh.

How the f*ck did yo turn it into a "religion sucks" thing is beyond me. Zealots.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
How the f*ck did yo turn it into a "religion sucks" thing is beyond me. Zealots.

Protoss_Zealot_2_by_SgtHK.jpg

Chronictank

FH is my second home
That is so self-evidently ridiculous it's not worth debating tbfh.

You guys. You made me laugh so hard I went out and kicked a goat to death! :D
So Muslims aren't capable of funding and making valid peer-reviewed reports based on experiments performed mainly in western countries
<sarcasm> Nice argument, you totally have me convinced </sarcasm>

would have been more productive for the goat to give you a good kicking to see if it knocked some sense into you

Tom

I am a FH squatter
How do the Dutch feel about battery-farmed chickens?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom