Duskwave updates!!!, but...

G

Glyph_mid

Just taking an examble, id love someone to explain to me how its possible, because i dont get it.

Elfsbane Lurikilla
Server Prydwen
Realm Midgard
Last On 2_Weeks
Race Kobold
Class Shaman
Level 50
Guild Midget Mafia
Guild Rank 1
Realm Points 1,941,740 (Last week: 131,847)
Realm Rank Flammen Herra (RR7)
Rank 97
In-realm Rank 33
Class Rank 2
Trade None

How can a guy who havent been online the last 2 weeks make 131k rps last week?

K

Kaomond

Duskwave takes its info off of the GOA XML server, Duskwave is still updating daily, but the info on the GOA server is NOT updating therefore all duskwave is doing is refreshing OLD information.
Does that make sense?

Q

Qte Eth

dunno some sorta bug but we still havent recieved passwords for elfsbane so he wasnt online since change of game pass

N

-Nxs-

Strange, my spellcrafter isnt listed on the Duskwave site, but is on our guild XML pages.

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by Glyph_mid

I checked the source xml-file and it seems to have that in it.
This was on today's GOA news so it's probably to do with this.

The Chronicles and the publication of the XML files have been reactivated today. Sadly, the recent events prevented us from fixing the small bugs affecting the parsing process and you may notice a couple of weird numbers here and there. As you can imagine, this is not currently the highest priority, but we will get back to it as soon as possible and enhance this tool, very useful to everyone.

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by Kaomond
Duskwave takes its info off of the GOA XML server, Duskwave is still updating daily, but the info on the GOA server is NOT updating therefore all duskwave is doing is refreshing OLD information.
Does that make sense?

Actually, update process on Duskwave.com works so that whenever a change is detected in server's XML-files, that server is updated. This way it's only updated when they've actually changed.
Not that it'd cause any problems (as far as Im aware) if they were updated without the actual XML-files having been updated, only slight problem with that would be that "Servers updated" status on Duskwave.com would show newer date than the information really is.

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Strange, my spellcrafter isnt listed on the Duskwave site, but is on our guild XML pages.

You can try toggling "/webdisplay trades" command until it says "Your crafting points will now be displayed on herald pages".
It shouldn't show your points in guild "top crafter" lists either if you don't have that on (It should print "Anonymous" there instead of your name) but this has been known to be bugged with GOA's implementation so perhaps it still is.
If you do have that turned on and Duskwave.com still doesn't display your crafting information, it might be a bug. Spellcrafting and Alchemy information were implemented to Duskwave.com before GOA had them available so it's not impossible it might have problems of some kind.
If such is the case, drop me a mail and I'll take look into it. You can find contact information from contact page at the site.

L

lakih

Hmmm... i was somewhat hoping he had killed enough people to still get rp's a week after he had logged off :p
Would be much more fun...

T

The Real Redi

actually, all my other stats update fine, but it's never seen my Weapons crafting as worth mentioning (currently at 550)

i've done the whole /webdisplay trades on and everything <shrugs> dunno...

G

gengi

Originally posted by Glyph_mid
Just taking an examble, id love someone to explain to me how its possible, because i dont get it.

Elfsbane Lurikilla
Server Prydwen
Realm Midgard
Last On 2_Weeks
Race Kobold
Class Shaman
Level 50
Guild Midget Mafia
Guild Rank 1
Realm Points 1,941,740 (Last week: 131,847)
Realm Rank Flammen Herra (RR7)
Rank 97
In-realm Rank 33
Class Rank 2
Trade None

I managed to make a few and I have been on an oil rig in Africa dor 10 days. I think what has happened, and I may well be wrong, is this.

The chronicles were put back on line, compared to the previous version, and the rp difference taken as the previous weeks rather than 3 or 4 weeks. So all the rp's made during the chronicles downtime appear at once making you get uber rp's for the week. It should all come out in the wash as the chronicles stay up for a while the numbers should come back into synch with 'reality' :rolleyes:

Later

N

-Nxs-

Crafts still not showing correctly.

If you look at our guild website (my sig) and see the Guild Crafters, thas an XML feed direct from GOA (someone else wrote the script so dont ask me how it works)

Yet the alchemy/spellcraft skills dont show on our guild section on Duskwave.

S

scarffs

200 hours of daoc or 200 days ?
Hours dont make you an addict but a very casual player.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by scarffs
200 hours of daoc or 200 days ?
Hours dont make you an addict but a very casual player.

Opps its days - hehe will update sig :)

S

[SC]Tzikas[Mid]

What a giant surprise. The company that brought us Neverending Beta of Camelot (prev. known as Dark Age of Camelot) can't make their webpages work correctly either. I wonder when we'll see the next surprise :eek:

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by [SC]Tzikas[Mid]
What a giant surprise. The company that brought us Neverending Beta of Camelot (prev. known as Dark Age of Camelot) can't make their webpages work correctly either. I wonder when we'll see the next surprise :eek:

GOA's website is working fine for me.
Guild XML is working fine on our guild site.

Duskwave is NOT showing correct crafts tho, so how is the coding at duskwave GOA's fault ?

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Crafts still not showing correctly.

If you look at our guild website (my sig) and see the Guild Crafters, thas an XML feed direct from GOA (someone else wrote the script so dont ask me how it works)

Yet the alchemy/spellcraft skills dont show on our guild section on Duskwave.

There is a problem with updating Alchemy (probably Spellcrafting also, haven't confirmed) skills.
The spellcrafting and alchemy were implemented at Duskwave.com before they were available from GOA and so there was bug left in the code.
I'll see to it when I have time but there is a possible workaround (if you want them to show at Duskwave.com):
When you have "/webdisplay trades" turned ON, your skill in all main tradeskills is available on "character" record in xml-file. In this case, the guild top-crafters part of xml-file has text "Anonymous" instead of character's name (if the character is high enough in skill to show in top-list).
When "/webdisplay trades" is turned OFF, no tradeskill information is present in "character" record but the guild top-list part of file shows your name and skill (again, if high enough).
Due to that bug Duskwave.com has been extracting tradeskill information from both of the places, character records and guild top-crafters list. It would appear that now only guild top-list works (since there are some alchemists/spellcrafters showing up).
Turning "/webdisplay trades" off should display your alchemy/spellcrafting skill at Duskwave.com but it is just a workaround and it also might affect your tradeskill display on other sites.

N

-Nxs-

Ok ive now got /webdisplay trades OFF set so lets see if im on Duskwave on the next update :)

A

Aule Valar

omg :eek: never realised qte was qteeth till i just read his sig :eek:
*goes and stands in the dunce corner*

N

-Nxs-

Right well i set my webdisplay OFF as requested - there has since been an XML update... but again my spellcraft character is not showing on duskwave :( infact we have no alchemists or spellcrafters listed in the guild section.

Strange that ALL guild crafters show up as Anonymous on the main camelot-europe site.

Is there a guild level setting that blocks people seeing what trades you have ?

Users who are viewing this thread