Duration...

Ucallme

Banned
Lets have a vote :)

In time our weapons, items etc...

Will have gone to 0% and all the hard work we put into artifacts etc to find that we cannot use them even the rare items some people spend more than 20p+.

So who reckons GoA/Mythic whatever should put in a merchant that repairs Duration on all items/weapons.

Make it like 2000 Bounty Points or 1p to repair.

Need your help :)

I dont want any negative posts.

Just wanna see how many would want this to happen :)

Amphrax
Ucallme

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
There is nothing we at Goa can do about durability on items as that is part of the hard code in the game that we can't touch. If you are that concerned about it there is a feedback form at www.camelotherald.com and I would honestly encourage you to use it.

Ucallme

Banned
So what happens to our artifacts then.

All that hard work we went through for nothing.

My shades of mist is on 93% duration and goind down fast

What we gonna do when it reaches 0% then?

For me i deffo not going to go through artifact hunting, farming for scrolls then lvling the damn things again.

Amphrax
Ucallme

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Zenythe said:
There is nothing we at Goa can do about durability on items as that is part of the hard code in the game that we can't touch. If you are that concerned about it there is a feedback form at www.camelotherald.com and I would honestly encourage you to use it.

Like the man says... go post on the feedback page - only thing is, you'll get ignored like every other sucker (not that it's GOA's fault, at least not this particular issue at any rate). Witness the TLs that Mythic consistently seem to ignore.

I've generally been very positive about DAoC for as long as I've played it (2 and a half years now), in spite of obvious flaws. It has to be said though, that Mythic have made a royal king-sized arse of this game over the last 12 months or so, what with ToA and NF. Add in a liberal sprinkling of poor server/network performance from GOA and what do you have...? As convincing an argument you could have to go find another MMORPG to play, or another pastime altogether (I favour the latter after this experience).

What kind of dumb game designer thinks it's fun to go through the grind that is ToA? What kind of dumb game company thinks its customers are going to go out and re-do templates when it's the end game they're interested in? I understand that and I'm as close as you're going to get to a PvE fan in this particular game. In my view though, I doubt that they care. They've probably done quite nicely out of us anyway.

It's late now and I'm tired. I have a hundred and one other things I'd like to say, but if I carry on I'm afriad it will turn out very bitter.

A very disillusioned gamer.

Krago, 50 Healer, RR3L0, ML8 Perfecter
Markan, 50 Warrior, RR2L8, ML7 Battlemaster, LGM Weaponcrafter
Sleekit, 50 Shadowblade, RR3L8, ML10 Spymaster
Menno, 50 Shaman, RR3L0, ML10 Perfecter
Serafa, 50 Shaman, RR1L6, ML2 Perfecter
Sneka, LGM Tailor
Sermun, LGM Spellcrafter
Amavan, LGM Alchemist

co-GM of Venom

House 1713, Jervaulx, Erikstaad
Midgard/Prydwen

"We're not retreating; we're just advancing in a different direction"

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Kvadi said:
Like the man says... go post on the feedback page - only thing is, you'll get ignored like every other sucker (not that it's GOA's fault, at least not this particular issue at any rate). Witness the TLs that Mythic consistently seem to ignore.

I've generally been very positive about DAoC for as long as I've played it (2 and a half years now), in spite of obvious flaws. It has to be said though, that Mythic have made a royal king-sized arse of this game over the last 12 months or so, what with ToA and NF. Add in a liberal sprinkling of poor server/network performance from GOA and what do you have...? As convincing an argument you could have to go find another MMORPG to play, or another pastime altogether (I favour the latter after this experience).

What kind of dumb game designer thinks it's fun to go through the grind that is ToA? What kind of dumb game company thinks its customers are going to go out and re-do templates when it's the end game they're interested in? I understand that and I'm as close as you're going to get to a PvE fan in this particular game. In my view though, I doubt that they care. They've probably done quite nicely out of us anyway.

It's late now and I'm tired. I have a hundred and one other things I'd like to say, but if I carry on I'm afriad it will turn out very bitter.

A very disillusioned gamer.

Krago, 50 Healer, RR3L0, ML8 Perfecter
Markan, 50 Warrior, RR2L8, ML7 Battlemaster, LGM Weaponcrafter
Sleekit, 50 Shadowblade, RR3L8, ML10 Spymaster
Menno, 50 Shaman, RR3L0, ML10 Perfecter
Serafa, 50 Shaman, RR1L6, ML2 Perfecter
Sneka, LGM Tailor
Sermun, LGM Spellcrafter
Amavan, LGM Alchemist

co-GM of Venom

House 1713, Jervaulx, Erikstaad
Midgard/Prydwen

"We're not retreating; we're just advancing in a different direction"

I amonst many others do enjoy ToA and NF. U had your SCed template, ToA offers items possing powers not available in SCed gear, so those items nicely give powers you most definately do need.

I agree thou about the network problems. Porting due LD in ML10 raid yesterday to Ixoth's bind point (aegirhamn) wasn't fun, had to rush back to portal, and wait nighttime to occur again, to be able pass the portal. And getting ported to Hagall for my nahkapaska zerker due LD in last nights RvR raid (great raid btw, even I got lost when trying to get to hib, first part of the raid was great nonetheless, my zerker got 78% ML exp and RR to 1L8 (from 1L4)) wasn't fun.

Hope that GOA will be finally be able to isolate the issue causing those lag spikes, so we (the customers) get again enjoyable game back!

Buliwyf

Fledgling Freddie
I never repair my cloak, bracers ect, most are on 70% con 100% dur and i still get all effects. Duration on arti armor and weapons are a problem though :(

robbe

Loyal Freddie
Ucallme said:
Lets have a vote :)

In time our weapons, items etc...

Will have gone to 0% and all the hard work we put into artifacts etc to find that we cannot use them even the rare items some people spend more than 20p+.

Amphrax
Ucallme

true.. i got +1mil rp while wearing my artis and they still 100% dur.. so when Im 106 000 000 rp mebbe artis dead?:p

Rustane

Fledgling Freddie
YES .. ucall for president

i need to fix my ml10 axe :/ .. its down to 70 or so

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
robbe said:
true.. i got +1mil rp while wearing my artis and they still 100% dur.. so when Im 106 000 000 rp mebbe artis dead?:p

The difference is, that you are a healer.

Try to ask how some tanks GoV looks like. Or try to ask Zebolt how his Tartaros gift is holding up. Lots of fun redoing a template with no Tartaros while you have a 0% dur in your vault.... :)

Borand

Fledgling Freddie
My Darksteel Ring went down to 0% durability on my shammy once upon a time! That's the only item I ever wore down to 0% dur on any of my characters...oh yeah and there was a 99% crafted axe I destroyed on one of my warriors as well because of excessive PvE :m00:

Used 9 different artifacts on my Scout for 1.5 million Rps and by the time I stopped playing, only about 4 of them had gone below 100% dur...Fool's Bow was the lowest on 91%. Never played a caster with artifacts though so guess that might be a different kettle of fish. :drink:

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
If its possible to use artifacts in PvE without worrying it will make a huge difference. Thats also why this is important. Then its possible to farm stuff 50% faster or with less people in group.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Zebolt said:
Yeah 4% :<<<<

Hahaha :p

Aye, it sucks - I'll most probably let my con just drop etc till 70 then stop untill I see my dex drop on my shammie - Best bet is to fill the form =/

Ucallme

Banned
Zenythe said:

Well Surprise, Surprise...

I Sent an email to the place you suggested 2-3 days ago and no response yet. If something isn't done about the duration on items/artifacts i think about 50% of gamers will Quit DAoC, I for one will quit if nothing is done about this.

If i was the GM of DAoC i would keep my customers happy.

Amphrax
Ucallme

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
You generally won't get a reply, if you do it's an automated one (and don't have a go at me, I don't have anything to do with Mythic) however that is the only way that I am aware of that you can provide feedback to Mythic.

feril

Fledgling Freddie
a question to Zenythe:
why the last week there is nasty lagg in ToA zones? (maybe it has been posted befor)

all the meters are green but first all the players disapear and then all NPC and its just you standing there. in some cases you can still type in chat but you cant "attack" or equip anything. the last time it happend was on ml2 raid and befor on the ml10 raid befor we ported to the ml10 cave and many times that arent that importent but still frustrating.. its not fun to farm a mob and then the mobb just disaper for 3 mins and.. your dead..

//edit it isent just me that have the problem. all of my guildies have the same problem and we all have different ISP.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Your personal ISP doesn't generally make a difference and the lag issues tend to happen in the space between your house and our servers. We have no reports of lag coming from the servers however that is testing fairly locally. I can't answer where your lag is coming from but I know where it wasn't coming from. WHen stuff like that happens pingplot it it's generally pretty easy to see where the hang ups are.

If you are in the UK there were issues with routing out of the Midlands over the last week or so but that is all I am aware of.

Ucallme

Banned
feril said:
a question to Zenythe:
why the last week there is nasty lagg in ToA zones? (maybe it has been posted befor)

all the meters are green but first all the players disapear and then all NPC and its just you standing there. in some cases you can still type in chat but you cant "attack" or equip anything. the last time it happend was on ml2 raid and befor on the ml10 raid befor we ported to the ml10 cave and many times that arent that importent but still frustrating.. its not fun to farm a mob and then the mobb just disaper for 3 mins and.. your dead..

//edit it isent just me that have the problem. all of my guildies have the same problem and we all have different ISP.

The lag could be coming from applications running in the background, like Nortons Anti Virus for example, which would explain the lag ingame.

Amphrax
Ucallme

feril

Fledgling Freddie
Ucallme said:
The lag could be coming from applications running in the background, like Nortons Anti Virus for example, which would explain the lag ingame.

Amphrax
Ucallme

jepps but a whole grp get the lag at the same time or an entire ml10 zerg of 80+ members in bg.. i hope all of them iant using the virus itself like norton :p

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
I amonst many others do enjoy ToA and NF. U had your SCed template, ToA offers items possing powers not available in SCed gear, so those items nicely give powers you most definately do need.

i don't think that there's anything wrong with the idea of ToA, it's just its implementation that's flawed. there is way to much farmning. i think that they shouldn't have introduced the ToA-bonuses, things just got abit to powerful. i have no problem with the artifacts and MLs (just that sojouner shouldn't have been an option to soloclasses (i.e. archers)). i just think that the artifacts should have non-ToA bonuses and the scrolls shouldn't have to be farmed. they should either be found at certain places (in a chest or something like that, all through out DAoC) or be quested (one quest for each scroll). the artifacts should have had all their stats on them when you activated them, but in order to get the special abilities (/use and /use2) you would be forced to undergo a quest to actived them or get a drop from a named mob (NOT a random drop though). ex in order to get the AoE-rez ability of EoY you would have to get ''Essance of earth'' that drops from Ond down in spindelhalla, and this would not be a random drop, he would drop it EVERYTIME.

i think that would have made ToA a quite good expansion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom