Durability going down at alarming rates...

O

old.Zarff

the scary part is that according to VN boards the degrading of items should be alot faster after 1.66.... gonna be really nice to use ages of time to lvl an artifact and then watch it go down the drain cause it degrades so fast.

B

bolo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Durability going down at alarming rates...

Originally posted by Addlcove
maybe your "under average" english and sucky punctuation could be the cause of the misunderstanding?

not ment as a flame

You're one to talk; look at YOUR fucking spelling skills before you go and correct others just for attention....

What the fuck does 'ment' mean?

Originally posted by Addlcove
neither teacher nor english

your punctuation still sucks though :p

and I wanna come work in the UK planning on moving after my education is done

In order to COMPLETE your education you must first start.

Quit playing so much fucking daoc and maybve hit the books more fucknut.

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by Flesh
I've had my shield drop 30% con in a few hours.:(
But I was tanking 2x red-purple con mobs, and chain pulling :E

thats still far too fast....

guess its goodbye sidistuff now ><

O

old.ivan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Durability going down at alarming rates...

Originally posted by bolo
You're one to talk; look at YOUR fucking spelling skills before you go and correct others just for attention....

edit : notice the ; where a . should have been

In order to COMPLETE your education you must first start.

edit : sentence does not make any sense, yes read it again

Quit playing so much fucking daoc and maybve hit the books more fucknut.

edit : "hit the books" really doubt that is English, oh and dont jump people with typos Mr "maybve"

Such hostility on the boards lately.

PS: Did notice the item degradation levels go up, cant give any valuable info regading hit-to-degrade percent value though. But, as someone said before, often find my weapon/shield at 96-98 % after few hours of PvE.

T

TaF

Didn't really notice it before my axe was down to 96% cond. just after some keep raids (not hitting doors really)

And btw, there's no need to make vague comments about someones spelling while you can't control yours .

(do people use S instead of C in "sentence" in some countries or what :) ?

^^

C

ChillyDawg

Mythic have increased degrade rates for all items to counteract general infaltion within each server economy - to encourage more PvE and keep players active, not just zerg after zerg.

Maybe they will intoduce an uber hard quest or mob thats lvl 120 to kill that restores dur - thatd be pretty cool.

T

Twaize

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
Mythic have increased degrade rates for all items to counteract general infaltion within each server economy - to encourage more PvE and keep players active, not just zerg after zerg.

Maybe they will intoduce an uber hard quest or mob thats lvl 120 to kill that restores dur - thatd be pretty cool.

lvl 120? Apocalypse is 90 me thinks and he has only been killed once on this server......

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by ChillyDawg

spellcrafters are gonna love this, they'll be making loads of cash, and sidi stuff is gonna be even more expensive :sleeping:

G

Graknak

tbh there should be some base crafters skill which allows you to take care of item degradability, abit like repair but then you combine lets say a Whetstone (which ofc. cost some cash) with a Sword to keep it sharp and therefore slowing down it's durability usage, you still need to repair though but the whetstone "buff" allows the first repair to take less dur

Z

zapzap

Iam not sure how dur con works, but somehow my sleeves are on 27 dur and rest 76 all made same day torso (tg) still on 100.

Zapsi

S

Straef

sword went down 8% con today :<
still 100 dur after fixing tho \o\

V

v-man

I dont quite understand whether this is a "the con is going down at an extremely fast rate while using" or an "my dura is going down extremely fast while repairing thread.

If its the con, then I dunno, but the Dura lose upon a repais is calculated by :-

(100-Con) +1.

If your item went down 4% dura after repair, then I am assuming that it was 97% con when you repaired it. If that is the case then you lost the appropriate dura.

Where people get confused is with 95%+ quality items, what many dont understand is these items get an added bonus to the Dura.

For example, an MP item says 100% Dura at start, but with bonuses for being an MP, it is actually 120% dura. Which is why with items like Epics/MPs, assuming u repair at 98% con, you can repair them6times with no dura lose whatsoever, on the 7th repair u lose 1% dura, then you lose your standard 3% dura every repair like you are supposed to.

Its not a bug, its the way it is, you should see the 1st repairs with no dura lose as a bonus, not as a norm, and now it would appear you are seeing the real loses upon repairing.

That said, however you repair weapons/armor (dependent on your fuss at how bad the lose of AF/DPS is as it gets lower), NEVER repair your jewelry until it hits 70%. Its not until the minimum Con before any jewelry item does not give the full effect of its stats (at which stage it loses all bonuses). If you repair your jewelry at 70%, you lose 31% dura, whereas if you repair it everytime it hits 98%, by the time youve repaired the equivelent 30% con lose, you will of used up 45% dura...thats a big difference.

B

bone_idle

It could be that daoc rvr is more tank based lately so armour is taking more of a hiding than it used to.

K

katzeyez

I really don't think it's just you, I have noticed this as well.

H2H weapons are always gonna decay quicker than other weapons cause of the amount of times you hit with them, but it seems something has changed and it's not really when I play. My first main hand H2H claw I had from beginning of august and it broke (dur 0) about 2 weeks ago, say 4 months for the sake of arguement. My replacement claw is already at > 70% durabilty in the space of literally weeks! At this rate any H2H weapon I use is gonna be broken, or very close, to in month and a half tops.

I don't think they have actually changed what happens when you repair, the amount of durability lost per % point of con lost, but the rate at which you loose con. It seems to have dramtically increased at some point and has decreased significantly the life of gear. And it's a nasty circle, gotta farm to replace gear, but the farming is wrecking your stuff even more! :(

O

old.ivan

Thats the way we nerf Savages hehe :) Make em broke or make em farm alot.

U

uberweebeastie

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
spellcrafters are gonna love this, they'll be making loads of cash, and sidi stuff is gonna be even more expensive :sleeping:

whats this got to do with SCers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom