Durability going down at alarming rates...

C

ceidadh

Ok, I'm not one for nagging nor whining, but... : WTF is going on here? On repairing my crafted studded armor suit, the durability went down 4%!!! Also, the jewelry items, rewards from quest that can only be done once, went down 4% in durability after repairs...

This is unacceptable, for those items cannot be replaced, and at this rate they are going to be 'used up' in a week or 4-5...

And this also happened on newly crafted weapons: after one battle, condition went down to 96% (from 100%), and after repair, those h2h weapons also went down 2% in durability... These weapons went from 100% durability and condition to 96% condition and 98% durability IN ONE DAY!!!

Got the feeling, someone is messing up completely here.... Imagine yourself being a real n00b, and having to deal with this... It's hard enough keeping your armor set together as it is, without these nonsense downgrades...

Furthermore: the quest items cannot be replaced. Many of them cannot even be traded or handed to other persons... And they go down just as fast now...

What is the meaning behind this? Only people who are filthy rich, and haven't spend their money on the money-pit called 'foundations', can keep their armor in good condition? So only those rich people will be able to win in battles soon? I can't believe this is the case...

But I am extremely peed off!

A

Addlcove

and instead of filling a bug report to GOA you come here whining....

G

goasucks

You should moan - try wearing cloth if you want to see rapid deterioration!

Don't we get jewelcrafting at some point, can't remember but someone will know.

C

ceidadh

Originally posted by Addlcove
and instead of filling a bug report to GOA you come here whining....

Bug report? mate, this isn't a BUG... they've intentionally put this in with the last patches... so, it's not a BUG, it's a FEATURE...

:(

G

gwyneth-love

I have the same problem .. Repaired my Royal Assassi Vest twice this week and i gon down from 100% to 93% Durability . Same counts for the rest of my Equipment .

Dunno if this rate is normal but its sure very fast .

O

old.TeaSpoon

pretty sure its been upped over patches, seen the difference :/

C

Chrystina

Originally posted by ceidadh
And this also happened on newly crafted weapons: after one battle, condition went down to 96% (from 100%), and after repair, those h2h weapons also went down 2% in durability... These weapons went from 100% durability and condition to 96% condition and 98% durability IN ONE DAY!!!
well, I don't really see your point here ... condition goes down during a good day of fighting (especially PvE), no matter how new the weapon is ... and the more con you repair the more dur you lose, as simple as that, or do you really expect to stay at 100% dur after repairing a 96% con item?
I check my equipment a few times during a raid or farming session and if it drops to 99% (98% tops) I get it repaired by a skilled armor/weaponcrafter in da group. so far this routine kept all my crafted gear at 100/100 :)
oh, and please get your values straight: it didn't go down from 100/100 to 96/98 ... it's from 100/100 to 100/98 (nice try to "impress" tho, took me 2 mins to spot the flaw, heh)

O

old.mattshanes

H2H weapons degrade faster than any other item in the game. Oo

Also what qua was the studded? quality effects the degrading rate of the item.

G

Graknak

don't forget qua 99% and MP items have a hidden 30% dur so in the case of the H2H weps if they weren't used before they went down 34% and 32% in Dur, you need to measure these things with weps already having Dur 99% or less otherwise you can't make a valid statement

T

Tharion

And some items, quest/drops have more then 100 dur.
So it will take some time before it reaches 100 dur and then start degrading.

Take an epic armor, you can repair it quite many times before dur start degrading.
But when it has started degrading it will degrade every time u repair it.

And if you repair at 99% maybe 98% you will slow the degading down very much.

F

Flesh

Were you wearing purple con armour/weapons and sitting in a field of aggro green cons? ;o

C

ceidadh

Originally posted by Flesh
Were you wearing purple con armour/weapons and sitting in a field of aggro green cons? ;o

On a level 50 character?? Don't think so...

C

ceidadh

Re: Re: Durability going down at alarming rates...

Originally posted by Chrystina

oh, and please get your values straight: it didn't go down from 100/100 to 96/98 ... it's from 100/100 to 100/98 (nice try to "impress" tho, took me 2 mins to spot the flaw, heh)

Well, you still didn't get it right then... The h2h weapons went from 100 condition to 96% condition, and from 100% durability to 98% durability... Not 'trying to impress' anyone buddy, just stating the facts as they are... If i tried to impress, i wouldn't have said 'ONE DAY', but ' 6 HOURS', wich is realy what happened...

And for the rest: you lot just keep sleeping then... They've changed the stat downgrading over last few patches, if you don't wanna see it, good night:)

C

Chrystina

Re: Re: Re: Durability going down at alarming rates...

Well, you still didn't get it right then... The h2h weapons went from 100 condition to 96% condition, and from 100% durability to 98% durability... Not 'trying to impress' anyone buddy, just stating the facts as they are... If i tried to impress, i wouldn't have said 'ONE DAY', but ' 6 HOURS', wich is realy what happened...
ok, lemme try to understand you now: your weapon was 100% con and dur to start with, right? then it went down to 96% con (no dur loss yet as u didn't repair it so far, right?) ... then u repaired it and it's durability droped to 98%, correct? but the way you talk about it it sounds like its con stayed at 96% which it surely didn't after the repair, eh? please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure it went back to 100% con after the repair.
so it didn't go 100/100 -> 96/98 as your post might suggest but in fact it went 100/100 -> 96/100 -> 100/98 ... any flaws in my understanding? or does crafting work different for mids? :)

L

liste

well, trolls bang their swords against a giant rock, when they think it needs repairs. Religious differences <cough>

C

ceidadh

Re: Re: Re: Re: Durability going down at alarming rates...

Originally posted by Chrystina
ok, lemme try to understand you now: your weapon was 100% con and dur to start with, right? then it went down to 96% con (no dur loss yet as u didn't repair it so far, right?) ... then u repaired it and it's durability droped to 98%, correct? but the way you talk about it it sounds like its con stayed at 96% which it surely didn't after the repair, eh? please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure it went back to 100% con after the repair.
so it didn't go 100/100 -> 96/98 as your post might suggest but in fact it went 100/100 -> 96/100 -> 100/98 ... any flaws in my understanding? or does crafting work different for mids? :)

Ahhhhh, I now see where the 'misunderstanding' came from:) Look, indeed in Midgard items go back to 100% condition after they've been repaired, so I assumed people would understand that... Is this different on Albion then? Cause that would explain why you would read it differently:) Anyway, that has nothing to do with the post now, has it... Still the fact remains, that over the last two patches the wear and tear of weapons and armor has been greatly adjusted downward. Now, I can understand that for staffs and such, cause they never went down unless you used them as a beating stick, but for the rest??? Still think there's been made a big mistake here... As stated by someone else in this thread, h2h weapons are affected worse in this 'adjustment'... Is this also the case on Albion?
And I don't mean the h2h weapons, but the other stuff... is it going down faster after the last two patches?

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by liste
well, trolls bang their swords against a giant rock, when they think it needs repairs.

No, we find sharpening on tin makes for a much keener blade. And so much more rewarding too.

A

Addlcove

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Durability going down at alarming rates...

Ahhhhh, I now see where the 'misunderstanding' came from:) Look, indeed in Midgard items go back to 100% condition after they've been repaired, so I assumed people would understand that... Is this different on Albion then? Cause that would explain why you would read it differently:)

maybe your "under average" english and sucky punctuation could be the cause of the misunderstanding?

not ment as a flame

C

ceidadh

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Durability going down at alarming rates...

maybe your "under average" english and sucky punctuation could be the cause of the misunderstanding?

not ment as a flame

Grin, not taken as a flame... but realy, if you want to misunderstand something, there's always a way to do so:)

BTW: you an english teacher? For calling my english 'under average' sounds like 'grading' it:) FYI: I work in UK:)

A

Addlcove

neither teacher nor english

your punctuation still sucks though :p

and I wanna come work in the UK planning on moving after my education is done

C

chretien

I think what's happened is that your armour was at >100% durability previous to this set of repairs. At the time of the repair the durability must have been at about 100%. You then repaired it and the durability visibly dropped for the first time hence you noticed it.
FYI 4% con loss in 6 hours of pretty constant fighting isn't unusual, my stuff drops about that much over the course of the average Sidi raid and for a repair at that con to drop the durability by 2% is about right.
Another clueless whine.

F

Flesh

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Durability going down at alarming rates...

not ment as a flame
His .. "under average" English?
'k irl m8.

F

Flesh

neither teacher nor english

your punctuation still sucks though :p

and I wanna come work in the UK planning on moving after my education is done
Gunna be a long time before you come to the Uk then m8. xD
Thank fuck. xD

F

Flesh

Originally posted by chretien
I think what's happened is that your armour was at >100% durability previous to this set of repairs. At the time of the repair the durability must have been at about 100%. You then repaired it and the durability visibly dropped for the first time hence you noticed it.
FYI 4% con loss in 6 hours of pretty constant fighting isn't unusual, my stuff drops about that much over the course of the average Sidi raid and for a repair at that con to drop the durability by 2% is about right.
Another clueless whine.
I've had my shield drop 30% con in a few hours.:(
But I was tanking 2x red-purple con mobs, and chain pulling :E

B

bigchief

Have to say in general rvr with my inf my new suit of mp leather needs repairing far more often than my old. Its currently 1-2 items drop to 99% every day or 2, before it was every week or so.

Get the feeling this one aint gonna last that long :(

C

ceidadh

Originally posted by chretien
Another clueless whine.

Believe me buddy, it has been confirmed that on the last patch the degrading of objects has been 'upgraded' (wich is downgraded in the eyes of the end-user). Discussion is already going on if this measure was taken while thinking about 1 time drops and quest items, and aparently something is going to be done about it...

tnx for your ideas and non-flames, but as it is, the people that can do something about it are aware of the problem and will act accordingly. They obviously didn't mind my 'under average' english, but awknoledged the fact that there is something not right:)

Thread closed for as far as I am concerned...

A

ashitaka

You can repair stuff? What a shame I didn't know that earlier.. just threw away a Spectral Soul Anchor.. :(

Guess you learn stuff every day, eh? Yesterday I learned you can restore constitution! Too bad I didn't find out that before I re-rolled my 50 Mercenary. Oh well.

L

Laston

wtf somehow flesh is on my ignore list? i have no idea how that happend.......

I

iceflower

Perhaps this is to counteract the inflation in caps that spellcrafting brought to the game? A hidden feature to readjust the situation?

Loh Katta
Bubblegirl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom