Duo leveling in mid question

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
What is the best duo (I will probably be duel loggign) to level in mid?
I guess I will level in task dungeons unless there is a faster way from 20 - 50?

My thinking was shammy + bd (bd being my rvr char), that way I get a buffbot for use for lvling and for rvr, and the bd then obviously for rvr.

The question is will that work the fastest? or am I better playing sm + bd, or is there a better duo to level with. (doesnt have to include a bd, im just keen to get to 50 asap, so I would play a tank class instead if I could level it faster ;)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
shaman/warrior nubbin!

But warrior if you wanted to get it to 50 and rvr, expect to solo alot imo.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Shaman + Melee.

Pac healer with FoP + caster.

2 BDs = AFK exping :p

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
What spec would you make the warrior or valk?

unsure exactly why either of these would be much better than a caster, would warrior just be full hammer?.. is the dmg really that good for lvling?

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
Imo! make a Supp Sm and a Pac healer , by far the fastest to 50 then go Moderna with SM and make bd/sham in 2 days... 4 chars in tops 1 week :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Brackus said:
What spec would you make the warrior or valk?

unsure exactly why either of these would be much better than a caster, would warrior just be full hammer?.. is the dmg really that good for lvling?

The warrior spec if easy you can go 50 weapon, 50 shield, 28 parry. There is no "2 handed" spec your 2 handed damage is the same as your weapon. When leveling keep your weapon and shield spec as high as possible. Put any spare points into parry as you go along. With a buffbot and if you make sure you keep reasonable equipment while leveling orange con mobs should hardly hit you. With end regen from shammies you can have no downtime.

Valks and Thanes are a bit more complicated when it comes to speccing but while leveling you can certainly keep high weapon and shield spec while adding spare points into spell lines.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:
The warrior spec if easy you can go 50 weapon, 50 shield, 28 parry. There is no "2 handed" spec your 2 handed damage is the same as your weapon. When leveling keep your weapon and shield spec as high as possible. Put any spare points into parry as you go along. With a buffbot and if you make sure you keep reasonable equipment while leveling orange con mobs should hardly hit you. With end regen from shammies you can have no downtime.

Valks and Thanes are a bit more complicated when it comes to speccing but while leveling you can certainly keep high weapon and shield spec while adding spare points into spell lines.
Thank you cadelin, I think I will level a warrior & thane (will level warrior first) :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Brackus said:
Thank you cadelin, I think I will level a warrior & thane (will level warrior first) :)

Ok now I am confused. I was simply pointing out why warrior+bb is seen as such a fast leveling combo but I don't see why you would want to level a warrior and then a thane?! (was this possibly a typo on your behalf?)

Initially you said you wanted to level a BD for rvr and obviously to have a buffbot (shaman) for him.

Now the fastest way to level on mid is in moderna
you require either pac healer, shammy (with FoP) or a supp sm. Then in about 24 hours of /play you can have yourself a lvl 50 char.

If you don't have one of those chars you can level pretty fast with instance dungeons, quests etc if you have a decent mob killing duo. However both chars need to be roughly the same level.

If you start leveling a Bd + shammy, if you spec the Bd Bone army you can go through mobs pretty fast with buff melee pets and the dots are very good in PvE. You will have noticable downtime especially with instace as you need to summon + buff everytime you enter which will eat power. This will still be reasonably fast though.

I am pretty sure a warrior + shaman will beat a Bd + shammy in a race to get to level 50 but then you have to level a Bd. Its pretty hard to get a spot in moderna with a shammy without FoP. Pac healers are very often soujouners and any half decent shammy will be ML5 now. You would also not be able to take your level 50 shammy in the instant dungeons.

Probably the fastest way to level you Bd using instance dungeons is with a pac healer bot. You get power regen, you can get base buffs from healer and if you spec bone army for leveling you can get str/con buffs for your pets. The pac healer can also stun/mess those pesky adds if you run into problems. Once you reach level 50 you can take your healer to moderna and PL a buffbot*. The fact that your healer will be heavily pac specced (44 pac 31 mend or 48 pac 24 mend) will mean it is more likely to get accepted into groups as you will have a better stun than the current common pac specs which are 36 pac 40 mend and tri spec which is 38 pac 33 mend 19 aug or something.

*Please note that you would need a third account because the pac healer would be on the second account and there is no use having a buffbot on the same account as your main!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Summon SM + Pac healer is almost certainly the fastest way to level. You should be able to kill 3/4 oranges at a time without using that much power since you have POM.

You can then respec the SM suppression and have 2 chars (one on each account) for moderna to PL yourself with.
The advantage of this is that you can level to 50 with the only gear you'll actually need to obtain being a staff with sufficient focus.

Bonedancer/Shaman isn't a particularly fast way to level, you can do it while semi afk sure, but it's going to be much slower.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Don't roll a BD roll a warrior! then join my ninja's!

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Thane is more fun than warrior to level, as in pve at low levels a warrior is just a thane without lighnings. ;)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
Thane is more fun than warrior to level, as in pve at low levels a warrior is just a thane without lighnings. ;)

from all chars i leveled, warriors was dullest even sb is more fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom