dungeons

R

rainman999

I am a Noob and although i would guess this has been asked a million times, I would like to know why Sorcs cannot take pets into dungeons and whether this will be changed.

Puts us at an extreme disadvantage going into myst..

O

old.chesnor

You just cannot. The reason I would guess, is that if you zone into a dungeon (or any zone that gives you the 'Loadin' screen) the pet would be trapped inside when you release it, because zones that load are not 'linked' to other zones.

And it certainly makes Sorcerors life difficult inside dungeons where they cannot charm anything :(

R

rainman999

hmm.. would it be so difficult to have them run to the entrance/exit and then vanish??

A

Ardwan

I think sorcerors can charm undead in a later patch
And it would probably be quiet hard for the mobs to be made to just run to the exit and disappear, but I'm only guessing

O

old.chesnor

OK, I guess its a pathing issue then.

Its far, far easier for AI to navigate a pet overland. It basically just heads back in a straight line. Navigating from the bottom of dungeons back to the exit is far more complicated. This may be a reason.

D

Danya

Doubt it's pathing. I think it's more of an issue of the textures and models for outdoor pets won't neccessarily be loaded when you're inside a dungeon. Allowing a sorc (or other pet class) to zone with a pet would require keeping all possible pets loaded at all times, which would put considerably more load on memory (bearing in mind someone could conceivably drag a pet from say emain to an albion dungeon etc.). I can only think of one dungeon where it's an issue anyway - Catacombs of Cardova. The rest have charmable pets within.

R

rainman999

does mystral have charmable monsters??

Speaking of pathfinding, I went up in a tower the other day and my pet managed to follow me, then i released it and it just walked through the tower wall, dropped to ground lever and went on it's merry way.

D

Danya

Mystral? You mean the Tomb of Mithra? I don't think there are any there now you mention it (kind of overlooked Mithra as I hate it and didn't spend much time there).

R

rainman999

yeah, that's what i meant!

as you can tell, don't go in there as much either owing to the inability to charm anything.

let's hope they introduce charming of the undead very quickly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom