Dumb n00b

D

Drum

...me that is :)

I just received my copy of Eve this morning. I'm going to install and register when I get home from work tonight.

In the meantime I have a few of questions:

1) Can I have more than one character on my account? For instance I thought of making a miner/techie sort of guy to make money and manufacture stuff, and also a fighter type to fly a cool ship bristling with weapons and take out a few bad guys.

2) How do I control my ship? Is it mouse/keyboard, or can I use a joystick?

3) Are there definite advantages to grouping with others or can I be reasonably effective solo? I ask because, although I like grouping and, after all, it is a multi-player game, sometime I just want to chill out and solo.

That's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have a couple of hundred more questions once I start actually playing, but for now, Hi and thanks.

BTW, anyone on here from DAoC Alb/Exc?

Drum

C

Custy

1) Yes, you can have up to 3 characters on your account, the downside to this is that you can only have 1 of them training at any time :/. So basically it is possible to have 3 chars, but it isn't very good.

2) Keyboar and Mouse, point and click. :/ it works great for me, some peple dont lke it tho.

3) I started off playing solo thinking i was doing well then i joined a corp and i was raking in about 5 times as much cash everyday. Corps are the way to go, there are a lot of casual corps tho that wont mind if you dont attend loads of mining missions etc.

O

old.Kurt_Angle

You know, you don't have to be in a corp to make it big.

Im still freelancing, have loads of contacts, corp or otherwise, and i rack in cash.

Sure obvious advantages about being in a corp, but if you get around a bit, talk to decent people, you build up a massive contact base, you just do as you please when you want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom