Duel Tournament Update#1

S

StormriderX

if they spec pierce to 25 then they get stun off evade (diamondback?) but I doubt that many rangers will be evading mages ;)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by PJS
Correct me if Im wrong but ranger vs caster in a duel situation is a no win situation for the ranger?
Run to spell range, QC something useful depending on which mage you are, fight over?

I have found this to be the case in my duels, and I think it holds for characters of similar rr (im sure elasias would make a pincushion of me;)

I just gotta get one cc off then its run to range and procede like I am soloing any old orange in pve. Killed heros like this too.

The thing I have noticed about duels is they aint like rvr battles at all due to the complete lack of suprise. Mages are at an advantage as they can see and target their opponent before engaging in battle which is not the case when ranger or ns spies cloth in emain...

Ok so im dueling a ns. I KNOW i am dueling a ns :) Pbaoe + gtaoe, oh there he is...

O

old.Jerioth

This is gonna be a good tournament :clap:

Need some wardens in it to tho :p

K

karlophin

Can i be the other Ithil Galad player plz? asked to be in it ages ago but it seems im not :p plzplzplz was looking forward to this :)

D

deygos

you should be aware i am asking for the arena to be a certain shape, u will not be allowed to exit the arena during the duel, the likely shape will be a long rectangle like this (longer than it is wider)

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

this shape will allow for enuff distance for ranged duels and people to stealth etc but it is narrow so that the stealther cannot keep running from corner to corner and turn the duel into a total joke, it means that if the other duelist decides to close distance on the stealther he can do so with some possibility of success??? anyway the ranger would have to run past the caster into the other corner to restealth and maybe the caster could recast BT in this time, so its a bit more tactical than you think?

noche! ofc p.a is allowed...if u can stealth up quick enough... ;)

the real question is...[and censi already touched on this earlier] about the starting positions because they greatly affect the outcome of a duel...example

in the melee tourno if the duelist starts face to face a nightshade may never get to stealth, stun etc...stick blah blah

so how to decide starting positions? maybe i'll roll a dice at start and let winner choose his starting position AND the challengers starting position, the thing i dont like about doing it this way is...its kindof means u have to be a bit lucky on the day, i dont want this, the duels need to b about fairness and 100% skill and awareness of your opponents abilities and weaknesses blah blah ;D

D

deygos

Can i be the other Ithil Galad player plz? asked to be in it ages ago but it seems im not :p plzplzplz was looking forward to this

no Karlo, i saw your photo and sylvans rnt in the game till end of february m8.... ;p

err the draw isnt final, expect their to be dropouts etc i will post a combined rpts table to show where everyone is, if someone in the top 16 drops out...as Fest has coz he is inactive..then everyone moves up a slot etc...

i'll set a deadline for when the draw will be finalised so if you're just outside the top 16...keep earning rpts and try and get seeded it will help you in the draw a lot!

A

Aule Valar

sugestion for you lot, let the mooses use moose (after all its the reason they are called mooses) but keep the duels running quickly whever they have it or not, this means they do have the option to use it, but only as an emergency thing, not every fight, after all while class defining its on a timer because it isn't meant to be useable in every fight

O

old.Zarko

I want strippers to the "free" use of all competitors, also nude nurses when you die. And a Oval arena is nice as long as it has lions coming up from holes and Alpha poping once in a while to even things..............

A

Aussie-

uhm, is nearsight allowed in mage vs mage comp? :eek:

O

old.Mirandalia

So, mages will fight other mages and rangers.. hmm
Well, what will be allowed in these fights?
Pet classes(read chanter), are even against other mages in dmg output only if able to use pet...
So chanters should be able to use pets..

Rangers will kill off any mage with range, since stealth (get max range, start hitting off arrows will drop mage before mage can do anything).

What else?
Well, 2nd though void-eldritches against normal mages? Both would start out of range you said.. Well, the void eld can drop the mage in one bolt... will get two bolts off before the 2nd mage can do anything.. chances of the other mage still alive? Not much.. but if both would be in range.. that might be unfair to eldy again..

Many details that need to be clarified and thought out in the mage duels..

D

deygos

aye more details to follow

but as stated b4 mythic never built classes for duels, they were built for grouping.....and 2bh the only viable tourno really was the melee one,the mages rangers one is by demand and i still think it would be interesting to see

yes there will be one sided battles, there will be imbalance, these duels will be very cuthroat but i have decide in the mage v mage or mage v ranger duels the duelists will start OUT OF RANGE, the design of the arena (see previous posts) will make this type of tourno more viable

also...did i mention the Free For All...any class can enter...the draw will be totally random, one rule = if ure in either of the other tournos u cant enter this one......is anyone interested in taking part in this????

I

inuyasha

Mage tournament

= bah

Still, the melee one will be cool, but how are you going to check for buffs? :DD Lets have the duel close to a healer and let all the duelists die before the fights begin :DD

And...
By all means, make it a outside of range outside of range duel for mages/rangers :D If not chanters > all, and i pretty much bet there will be more chanters then void elds there :D Its no problem to drop a void eld either, just get a bolt in your face, run off and let pet kick ass :D

Rangers have a fair chanse on taking down mages :D Censi took me and that was when i was pretty sure i had already won =)

D

deygos

heh i got most things worked out already m8, to check for buffs i just group with the 2 duelists, all buffs are dropped then i ask both duelists to /duel challenge etc THEN both are allowed to buff up..mages bring up bt etc and ranger self buffs then when both are ready the bow to each other...and i yell....FIGHT or something ) [yes this means u cannot arrive prebuffed or wotever or pet out etc..]

there will be a healer right next to the arena as Thanatios suggested there should be, a gr8 idea too!

so u think if the mages v rangers tourno starts in range a chanter will own all? hmm think about it this mage tourno is all about draw/cast speed, summoning your pet takes a serious amount of time - big chance u'll get interrupted m8

be interesting to see how Eleasias V Tyka goes as i imagine both of these 2 can draw/cast fast as they carry some nice r.as

uhm, is nearsight allowed in mage vs mage comp?

aye nearsight allowed, how the fk can i take that away from eldy's? here to duel, not to nerf. if u look at the draw its not all mages v mages, and if 2 eldys do meet and nearsight..well its a fking staff fight right?

W

Wuren

must be a hell of fun to be a ranger, chanter put pet on him then run around in a circle

and what is a ranger gonna do when caster hit moc?

let the pyjamas guys duel with themself

D

deygos

aye caster hits moc ranger better hope he can move out of range or somit, this was originally only supposed to be mages v mages, but well rangers cant go into the melee tourno............

so since rangers are all about range etc as are casters seemed logical to try them in here, like i said none of this is 100% just need to hear more opinions [ie from rangers], i know the rangers'll b disappointed if i take'em out of this one

A

Avi N'dor

Rangers will kill off any mage with range, since stealth (get max range, start hitting off arrows will drop mage before mage can do anything).
Erm, no.... mage quickcasts stun or whatever and blasts the ranger to sky with 2-3 nukes.... Besides after you have shot your first arrow you cant re-stealth for a good amount of time.

How about if rangers get their own league?

D

deygos

okokokokokok ...ranger people....do u wanna duel mages?????

B

boni_ofdavoid

Re: Mage tournament

Originally posted by inuyasha
= bah

By all means, make it a outside of range outside of range duel for mages/rangers :D If not chanters > all, and i pretty much bet there will be more chanters then void elds there :D Its no problem to drop a void eld either, just get a bolt in your face, run off and let pet kick ass :D

Get a bolt in the face, and that will be the end of the duel on a crit. Get 2 and it certainly is. Im not saying its easy to kill a chanter, but there are lots of options for a void mage.... aoe mezz, ns etc.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Aussie-
uhm, is nearsight allowed in mage vs mage comp? :eek:

Yes, cause you can purge a nearsight, but you cant purge a bolt ;)

W

Wuren

Just let the different types of classes play with each other like

Bm's Hero Champs in one

Casters in their own

Ns and Rangers or whatever

G

Gef

What about kiting?

If NS can PA, snare, run stealth then go again they can drop any class no problem.

T

Tyka

make a cup for ns's/champs/bms/heroes/rangers, and a different one for all the mages.

N

Noche

As said if we NS can kite we can prolly kill anything... setup da rulez plz ^^

J

Juanita

Oddly enough the classes that are wanted the most in all other things in the realm are not even named here (well except warden once)

Warden, Bard and Druid.....

Guess who are walking to emain next time without speed, unbuffed and no bubble.... ;)

G

Gef

If Heroes can Moose then NS's should be allowed to kite .. as said, its a class defining ability.

Wardens, Bards and Druids should be in the Melee tourney too, Bards are a bit of an odd one though cause if they get low on health they can just insta Mez and heal/rest. So they can kill any class once every 30(?) mins.

D

deygos

ok well a couple of things

against slammers how can the ns kite? even then he’s gotta get his hit in front of the target so will it really be that easy if the hero/bm/champ keeps turning or movin?

anyhow nightshades were never going to be in the melee tourno because of kiting. The reason I put da NS into the melee tourno originally was by demand mostly and because I thought it would make the draw way more interesting but I spose those chars without slam would have a serious problem with the stealthier so….this is wot I now plan to happen….

*melee tourno format as originally planned – bms champs heros [32 entrants 16 top rpts holders are seeded]

*ns v ns [16 entrants 8 top NS’ are ranked]

*rangers v rangers [16 entrants (are there 16 lvl50 rangers? lol)
top 8 rangers etc

*mages v mages [32 entrants 16 top ranked mages are seeded]

*the remaining classes enter here bard/wardens/druids [16 entrants and 8 are seeded] but r u DRUIDS/BARDS/WARDEN interested in this? surely the warden will own here?

the winners of each of these tournos COULD then go to a final knockout tourno which will have a totally random draw….but that’s if people want it

[wardens etc should b in the melee tourno too……….]

I aint been ignoring you guys, just been trying to work out where to fit you guys in ;) because how watchable is a duel with a hero versus say a bard? ..bard dd, mezz..sit…run around lol then what? duel could go on for a while as bard tries to avoid stun etc..blah blah

or then a hero versus a warden…warden cant scratch himself let alone the tank, the tank eventually hits through pbt = slow death for warden? but gahh the warden heals himself….now it’s a slow death for the crowd? ;)

hero versus druid, druid roots, out comes the pet…druid runs around while dog bites hero…bah these rnt viable r they?

J

Juanita

I think the tankies are afraid the naturalist might win ;)

Do not be so sure the warden will win vs. druids. If you have a high nature druid, you have a DoT, and you tank with 2 on the warden so bubble is less of a problem.

And to answer Gef: I have 2 instamezzes on 10 min timers. Different timers that is. Shame they get resisted far more often in this patch. (Or so it seems at least)

G

Gef

Originally posted by deygos
against slammers how can the ns kite? even then he’s gotta get his hit in front of the target so will it really be that easy if the hero/bm/champ keeps turning or movin?

Slam is easily evaded, and is more often than not, its a big risk for a tank to try a slam as it uses a hell of a lot of endurance.

Tank cant move if he is snared...

Users who are viewing this thread