Duel Tournament Update#1

D

deygos

if you build it, they will come………..

plenty of positive feedback from goa on this. The date/s of the qualifying rounds to be posted soon on daoc euro homepage (hope to be up and running in the next 2weeks), goa will also build an arena for us hibbies (location to be finalised but as close to DL as I can get it…needs to be on flat land, no mobs, no buildings in sight…any ideas?)

here are the two draws (PREVIEWS) for u 2 look at, they are NOT final as they are based on old rpts table data

if u see your name here and you’re NOT interested in taking part pls let me know by reply so I can resort the rankings

the duel rules (not finalised)

*duel to the death
*no buffs except self buffs
*use of r.a’s allowed so long as they do not break the duel, if a duel is broken due to an r.a the duel is restarted…if the same person breaks the duel again then they are disqualified. (still researching which r.a’s break duels at mo)
*you cannot exit the arena during a duel, so no running into the trees to stealth up etc ;)
*proccing gear is allowed
*use of crystals NOT allowed
*MOOSE – im not sure whether this should b allowed as it is equivalent to being healed…BUT would like to hear your opinions as MOOSE is what defines being a hero is soooooooooooooo I dunno

I intend to hold the tourno on weekends only, Saturday afternoon most likely.

entry is set at 75g per person which equals = 2.4 plat which breaks into 80% prize money and 20% costs for me (480g per tournament) and 1st place = 1.15plat (60% of 1.92plat) and 2nd place(40% of 1.92plat)=768g

also would like to know if anyone can help film the fights as I hope to have a website up with screenies and movies etc

tanks draw (preview)

mages draw (preview)

btw i know the quality of the pix sux at mo..this is just a test run

extra notes:

the nominated player is a player put forward by the GM of that guild to represent the guild - i wanted to make sure as many guilds could enter as poss.

C

censi

a few things, what about starting distance between each players at start of dual?

Are charges on items allowed to be used???

Can rangers stealth at start of dual??? and move to a crit position???

Hero mooose has to be allowed, its a class ability....

GOA making an arena for it!!!! (omfg can t believe that)

E

Exiled

charges should be
rangers should be
heros should be able to moose, like saying a champ cant DD
and goa panders to the mob :p

G

Gahldir

let em use stuff they have if L50 rr1 char...

T

Tyka

Omg this is going to be so much fun, i love competitions and tournaments ;)

T

Tyka

Btw what range do all mages/ranger start at? 2300 ?

D

deygos

gr8 all these questions so far i had in mind, was thinking of asking goa to place 2 marked spots in arena for starting
positions actually

possibilities i am considering about range...

1) melee tourno all classes start face to face, BUT maybe a ns will want to start out of range to stealth.......so wot do u think?

2) ranged tourno ie mages and rangers start duel OUT of range and then close at will

am wondering about the shape of the arena too, i would do a poll but damn forums wont let me ...am thinking a long rectangle or a diamond shape

moose, yes i was 90% to allow it as like i said its what makes a hero a hero

charges are fine yes, missed them out

btw the proposed spot for arena will be 20,10 in connacht, it is around behind DL and past the azures just over the water but b4 the parth farm....its ideal as it has no mobs, no buildings nearby (goa advised me of lag issues) and it is right next to DL and it looks nice there at sundown ;]

O

old.Thanatlos

Ask them to put a healer there for the res sickness for people who want to practice duels else they'll have to purge or if unavailable walk to ardee, wait :)

I

inuyasha

well

I think all instant effects (moose/ip/first aid/purge) and the like should be illegal. Even if it IS class ability, its timer will make quite a few delays of duels since one with moose cannot fight one who have not. A duel does not take close to as long as moose or ip timer, so it would spoil the whole tournament setting.

Not really sure if stealthers should be allowed to stealth unless they slow-poison their enemy and go stealth under fight. Ebonn showed me today that a stealther can do just as well in melee fight as a avrage tanker, so if a perfect pa is involved it would put them in a quite good place to win alot of fights to easy.

Rangers as well, should have range, but not stealth, if fighting against a regular tank imoh, but this is not something i feel that strong for at all.

And...

mages duels pretty much suck :D But its better then no duels i guess.

C

censi

its the charge question that needs to be answered...

arnt there items with heal charges in this game??

H

<Harle>

not real heal-charges, but i think there are some HoT-charges out there, but these are also available as reverse-procs and HoT generally sucks in combat, so np with that i think ;)

I

inuyasha

hmm

Originally posted by Wuren
no moose = no tri, no dd, no self/debuffs

Moose take time, dds and buffs dont =)
There is no decent reason to remove those from combat. Its just a balance between heroes since no other class have anything close to it. Agree there should be no triplewields from bms of course, since that is also on a heavy timer and will interupt the balance of the duels. The importance of: no moose, is that if you have 2 heroes fighting and winning, one used moose and one did not, then the next fight is either given the result of, or delayed for 20 minutes, of which does not seem likely to be a good idea. Buffs and debuffs have no timer, and is class skills, and should therefor be allowed.

W

Wuren

btw

fest does not play anymore

and, what about PA ect?

W

Wuren

Re: hmm

Originally posted by inuyasha

Moose take time, dds and buffs dont =)
There is no decent reason to remove those from combat. Its just a balance between heroes since no other class have anything close to it. Agree there should be no triplewields from bms of course, since that is also on a heavy timer and will interupt the balance of the duels. The importance of: no moose, is that if you have 2 heroes fighting and winning, one used moose and one did not, then the next fight is either given the result of, or delayed for 20 minutes, of which does not seem likely to be a good idea. Buffs and debuffs have no timer, and is class skills, and should therefor be allowed.

Champ Hero
Selfbuffs -
Debuffs -
DD -

seems fair to me?

its a class abillity as well as the champ stuff is no matter the timer

T

tankster

well Hero's and Heroines should be able to use moose same as bm's triple wield and bm's there elven stuff with nukes and what not, so its just fair !

:)

D

deygos

The importance of: no moose, is that if you have 2 heroes fighting and winning, one used moose and one did not, then the next fight is either given the result of, or delayed for 20 minutes, of which does not seem likely to be a good idea. Buffs and debuffs have no timer, and is class skills, and should therefor be allowed.

.....u will not be fighting twice in one day and i dont plan to resolve the whole tournament in one weekend [need to rvr etc]

it will likely take place over 3 weekends at least..and remember i have to do the mages fights too...so the first saturday would be all of round 1 matchups then weekend 2 would b round 2 and QFinals etc as there will b less and less players involved each time

....so far i';m thinking it will b 2 complicated to regulate all these rules - all of it is subject to opinion and we could go on about it forever. remember these classes were never designed to be balanced for duels, at the moment i will say that anything goes
and that includes charges, basically you will need to get your gear rdy, do some thinking about your setup and may the best hibbie win ;)

ok fest is off list, everyone moves up a rank

I

inuyasha

of course

Never said it was not fair

I said it wont work in the tournaments

If you tankster meet a useless ranger (not saying rangers are useless, but a useless ranger is no challenge for tankster)

And wuren met elesias or eleas or whatever make him go moose or loose...

Next fight, tankster vs wuren.

So...what to do?

I do realise champs will dominate a little, but as long as you cant use moose in every fight (which you cant) it seems rather folly to include it at all, for the balance among heroes.

I would not mind if they removed the debuffs either, but the buffs is what make chimps equal with the hero, and should be allowed at the very least :D

If your leet enough, you can kill a champ without moose, im pretty sure of it :DD

O

old.Zarko

no moose - > no heroes - > no real tournament

D

deygos

this is partly my fault, i did an original post of the format of the draw...

melee tourno will be HEROS VS NIGHTSHADES VS CHAMPS VS BLADEM only

RANGERS are fighting MAGES in the other tourno

the idea behind this is pretty obvious as rangers are all about range, hence they r in with the casters...

i am thinking about doing a free for all also where anyone can fight anyone in a random draw...but this depends on how successful the other 2 go i spose.

moose will be allowed ;) remember this tourno is a much about testing your setup and one v one skills as about bragging rights so if i ban moose then hero's can say BAH, i lost coz i couldn't moose etc...so we'll never find out who's really uber etc this is supposed to be a chance for you 2 stay i am the uberest melee char of them all etc...

from my pov hero's are hot favourites to win, but they should be as they're the best pure tank of the 3 realms

I

inuyasha

Hehe

Originally posted by old.Zarko
no moose - > no heroes - > no real tournament

Okey okey weak little elks :D Use your m00se and do your best twice pr hour against the evul chimps :D

But then i want to be one of the two mages you write about in your sign zarko :DD

Pliiiiiiiiiz

T

tankster

well i only beat a champion in duel once without moose andi beat other melee classes alot easier, anyway if we wont get to moose i will cry !!! ;)

and i am #3 not exe :p

D

deygos

and i am #3 not exe

arghghghgh this is just a preview it aint finished lol and it was based old data a few weeks back Tanky!

bah i said this at the beginning too ;}

I

inuyasha

ooooh

Originally posted by tankster
well i only beat a champion in duel once without moose andi beat other melee classes alot easier, anyway if we wont get to moose i will cry !!! ;)

and i am #3 not exe :p

Point :fluffle: Tankster girl

I dont want you to cry girly :D

You go m00se on wuren and the poor gimped rangers :D

A

AbPoon

The problem youll find is from people who have twinked there realm spec to win in duels, nearly all people you see owning everyone in duels have no ip no purge no det and no fa, if youve got the ability i dont see why you can use what youve got.

Yes some people are sad enough to gimp themselves in rvr just to win a few duels.

P

Pempulla

Im not much into duels, but a silly suggestion, if you want to have an event:

Ask ONE representative of each guild to participate in them (in each class, if there are more than one 'open class'). Allow this representative to use EVERYTHING (moose, dr00d buffs, single cast BT, chants, dmg shields, dmg adds, crystals, magic resists, basically, whatever it takes to win ;)). Such an event might be worth watching, especially if there were some kind of an arena created for it.

In such an event not only those participating might put out some money, but also, those watching (at least the guild members of the guilds that are represented), so money reward could be quite huge (and winner would be the whole 'guild' and not just the poor bastard winning/getting killed at the arena).

O

old.Zarko

Nice one Pemp. that would indeed make it a "guild" event...

P

PJS

Correct me if Im wrong but ranger vs caster in a duel situation is a no win situation for the ranger?
Run to spell range, QC something useful depending on which mage you are, fight over?

A

Amadon

1. stealth
2. fire at full range or whatever to break BT
3. sprint away and stealth again
4. wait til nearsight wears off
5. repeat until mage is out of mana
6. close for melee :p

or
1. close to melee and hope you resist snare/stun :p

do ranges get any stun styles?

then again.. i'm not a ranger so i dont know anything.. i'm fairly sure Eleasis could kill mages in a duel tho :p

Users who are viewing this thread