Duel monitor help needed

JBP|

Part of the furniture
ok guys i have a radeon 9800XT graphics card and this morning the idea hit me to connect a second monitor

the idea being i have IRC on one monitor and would be able to play games on the other

however i dont seem able to get it to work

anyone got any thoughts on where i might be going wrong?

P.S. i installed hydravision but that didnt do what im looking for

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i dont think you can get games to work on one screen while mirc etc is on the other, ive tried this me self but never found a solution, think you need a seprate gfx card like the 700 pci series

JBP|

Part of the furniture
well thats makes being able to plug in more than one monitor somewhat pointless then doesnt it :touch:

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
some games definitely dont like dual monitors on ATI...I had probs with BF1942 & Halo ... however the latest ATI catalysts seem to have resolved most of these issues although with q3 there are gamma problems...one key issue is that when a game starts up the display is resized and the desktop resolution altered...this creates chaos for other open programs and their window sizes. I can only suggest the most recent drivers.

/ahh...just reread....your problem is extending your dekstop to the second screen ? rclick props on the desktop...then to settings, click once on the faded second monitor that should be visible...now ckick the xetend my windows desktop onto this monitor...and voila, second vdu should work....now click adavnced>display and you can define which way you want the monitors set up :D

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
i used to have 2 monitors, untill they both broke...

it rocked, i never had any problems with running downloads etc. on one and games on another

Yaka

Part of the furniture
JBP| said:
well thats makes being able to plug in more than one monitor somewhat pointless then doesnt it :touch:
well for gamaes apart from flight sims yes, but if you are constantly switchingbetween proggys etc then its great to have an extra screne

JBP|

Part of the furniture
smurkin said:
some games definitely dont like dual monitors on ATI...I had probs with BF1942 & Halo ... however the latest ATI catalysts seem to have resolved most of these issues although with q3 there are gamma problems...one key issue is that when a game starts up the display is resized and the desktop resolution altered...this creates chaos for other open programs and their window sizes. I can only suggest the most recent drivers.

/ahh...just reread....your problem is extending your dekstop to the second screen ? rclick props on the desktop...then to settings, click once on the faded second monitor that should be visible...now ckick the xetend my windows desktop onto this monitor...and voila, second vdu should work....now click adavnced>display and you can define which way you want the monitors set up :D

that did the trick :clap:

ty for the help all

Danyan

Loyal Freddie
Not had any probs with games + irc etc. on my two screens with a 9800 pro. It'll even do different res on the main screen for a game and leave the secondary at my normal desktop res.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom