Dual Monitors.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So I've never actually done this before, and thought I'd give it a go since I have a small monitor laying around, and It'd be useful for when referencing work and stuff...

The problem is though, I have -no- idea what the 'other' port is, I have a Nvidia 770 and I'm using the 'top' one (Standard monitor input I think) for my current monitor, but the other monitor wouldn't fit in the one below, nor would the adapter thingy that I had with it.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? because I don't.

Gwadien

DSC_00011_zps9e87c223.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Your graphics card is a freak.

Look up the manufacturer and product number, should tell you what the ports are and you should be able to buy an adaptor.

They look the same to me, except the shape of the left hand bit a line instead of a cross, but iirc the line is on the male plug in the same way so it shoudl fit.

Gwadien

Your graphics card is a freak.

Look up the manufacturer and product number, should tell you what the ports are and you should be able to buy an adaptor.

They look the same to me, except the shape of the left hand bit a line instead of a cross, but iirc the line is on the male plug in the same way so it shoudl fit.
I literally alt tabbed onto this thread and my monitor started fucking up like waves & shit, weird

but i've sorted it, thanks to @Scouse! :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You mean the difference in DVI ports?

Gwadien

My monitor keep randomly goes fuzzy (like the letters are moving side to side very quickly)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
My monitor keep randomly goes fuzzy (like the letters are moving side to side very quickly)

re-seat your cables. also, back in the day there was a vast difference between no-name vga and branded vga cables. get some proper cables.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Dvi-i and dvi-d

Correct
dual-dvi.jpg

DVI-I supports both Analogue and Digital and DVI-D is digital only.

Looks like you have two HDMI's on the top side can't you use those? If not, due to the monitor inputs then you could always go the USB route and get a converter + Cable.

Gwadien

Correct
dual-dvi.jpg

DVI-I supports both Analogue and Digital and DVI-D is digital only.

Looks like you have two HDMI's on the top side can't you use those? If not, due to the monitor inputs then you could always go the USB route and get a converter + Cable.
So basically, I bought a converter for the DVI-D one, but it wouldn't work.. is it possible to get a VGA to HDMI converter/cable?

Also, could someone suggest me one for cheaply as possible, I bought one to replace my old monitor, but it seems to be really cheap and awful since it just 'shadowed'

Gwadien

So basically, I bought a converter for the DVI-D one, but it wouldn't work.. is it possible to get a VGA to HDMI converter/cable?

Also, could someone suggest me one for cheaply as possible, I bought one to replace my old monitor, but it seems to be really cheap and awful since it just 'shadowed'
Just read that doesn't really work - @Hawkwind Could you suggest a way of getting this to work?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Sounds like your monitor has only Analogue input so digital (DVI-D) won't work with your monitor. The only other useable connections on the card are the HDMI's. A HDMI to VGA or DVI should work, What inputs does the monitor have or what make/model is it?

Gwadien

ahhh, OK my new one has a DVI-D port, and a VGA, old one just has a VGA, so I guess I could find a way of using the DVI-D port, thing is a cable didn't come with it, so I'm gonna have to get another, just need a reliable source that doesn't sell shit ones.

Gwadien

Got it working, finally.....

But...

As I posted before, the current monitor uses a dodgy cable (I'm pretty sure it's the cable, that causes the image to be a distorted) When I tried to use the cable that came with my new monitor it wouldn't work, no idea why, just simply wouldn't - is there a reason for this (new cables or something?:S) The pins on the new one seemed sharper where the older ones seemed to be rounder..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom