Dual-Monitor question

B

Brass Monkeys

Just wondering if this is possible ..

If you have a graphics card that can support dual-monitor [not sure what the correct name for this is], can you assign a "set view" for the second monitor?

For example:

Monitor 1: front facing view [F9 key]
Monitor 2: 3rd person - behind view [F11 key I think]

If im talking b0110ck5, let me know :)

I have a Nvidia GeForce MX200 ....

A

Athan

No such option AFAIK. In my case (gf4ti4800) any game that uses fullscreen will cause the 2nd monitor to switch to the same resolution, but the game only displays on the one monitor (1st in my case).

Of course I decided to be unadventurous with EvE and multi-monitor, just running it windowed on Monitor 1, so I may not be the best person to comment on this :rolleyes: .

-Ath

T

tcbilko

I also have dual monitor support on my Geforce 4 Ti 4200 (I love it!), I seriously doubt you can do that with any card. It's a shame really, hopefully in the near future games will take into consideration that alot of gamers do have dual screen and built support for it into their games.

D

Deadmanwalking

Would be needing a seriously beefy GFX card to handle what you are suggesting. And some processing power to go with it.

Its like running 2 of the same game on the same comp?
BF twice?

Bye bye resources, Hello Lag.

B

Brass Monkeys

Originally posted by tcbilko
I also have dual monitor support on my Geforce 4 Ti 4200 (I love it!), I seriously doubt you can do that with any card. It's a shame really, hopefully in the near future games will take into consideration that alot of gamers do have dual screen and built support for it into their games.

I agree it would be cool but I bet there would be some circles who class this as an "advantage of play" over gamers who only have one monitor! :p

Users who are viewing this thread