Dual Logging.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I've been having a problem for as long as I can remember, it has to do with dual logging.

When I run two accounts, I experience no lag what so ever, everything runs smooth etc.

I use /clientsleep minimized and background, none of them work.

I use window mode and full screen, nothing seems to bite.

After a while the character I have dual logged suddenly Disappears, but he's still in the group.

He gets xp etc. and after a while I experience some intense lag, and I have to alt tab, then I see that the character has gone linkdead, and after I've alt-tabbed the character appears again, and his name is blue before he's out of the group (normal).

But what I don't understand is why this is happening, as I've got a fairly decent computer spec.

AMD XP2500+, GF4 TI4200, 1gb ram, and a 2mbit connection.

I know people with a worse computer who can dual log without any problem, even tripple log.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:
I've been having a problem for as long as I can remember, it has to do with dual logging.

When I run two accounts, I experience no lag what so ever, everything runs smooth etc.

I use /clientsleep minimized and background, none of them work.

I use window mode and full screen, nothing seems to bite.

After a while the character I have dual logged suddenly Disappears, but he's still in the group.

He gets xp etc. and after a while I experience some intense lag, and I have to alt tab, then I see that the character has gone linkdead, and after I've alt-tabbed the character appears again, and his name is blue before he's out of the group (normal).

But what I don't understand is why this is happening, as I've got a fairly decent computer spec.

AMD XP2500+, GF4 TI4200, 1gb ram, and a 2mbit connection.

I know people with a worse computer who can dual log without any problem, even tripple log.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

triple log is actually impossible on 1 comp my ickle friend :)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
If you've got windows xp try this (works for me) :

go to "my computer", right click on it, preferences...Then click on the tab "advanced" and click the first button (prestations?). You've got 3 options there, the only important option is the one where you can set your cpu priority. Set it to "background tasks" instead of "programs".

With this option I can stick my bot and never lag when dual logging. Otherwise there is no way i can stick my bot on main account. This did also work on a xp2000+ 1 gig ram and now also works on an amd64 3000+ and 1 gig ram.

ps I've got Dutch windows so I've translated it to English, not exactly sure if the steps you have to take are as I told you but it should be easy to find really.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
/Clientsleep back on both account or get windows xp 64 bit

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
some stuff he said

what he said ^^

always works fine for me and the people i know. also...."prestations" = "performance" i believe.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Righthandof said:
thats simply not even close to an uber comp :p

Well, if you actually perhaps read the post, I never said it was an uber comp, but I said it was a DECENT computer, and just don't tell me it's not a decent computer.. as I never have trouble running any of the new games.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
triple log is actually impossible on 1 comp my ickle friend :)

ah, someone just told me he tripple logged, so I just thought it was on one computer.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Kinag said:
ah, someone just told me he tripple logged, so I just thought it was on one computer.
Thats a lie then. From whoever said it. The game itself blocks more then 2 instances of it. I've tried to run 3 myself, and it wont work. Even installed daoc into other partitions on my harddrive, still wont let me. So you simply can't tripple log. :p

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Erm, He just said he was tripple logging, he didn't say it was on one account ;p

So basically he did not lie, I just assumed it was on one computer.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Of course you can tripple log on several computers, hell, I've even had 6 accounts running myself.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Joor said:
/Clientsleep back on both account or get windows xp 64 bit
windows 64 bit on a AMD 2500+ witch is 32 bit? I surely hope your not trying to run windows 64 on that lo.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
64 bit? where do you change that stuff?

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Kinag said:
64 bit? where do you change that stuff?
He means Windows 64 bit os its a new os made for 64 bit cpu the new amds any amd above 3.2 is 64 bit and you need a new mobo for the new socket. But you cant have it unless you have a 64 bit amd and its not realy worth it anyway.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
yeah I know, checked it up ^^

Dual logging is nice now, no ld's or anything.

Used the program background option that was mentioned above :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Had exactly the same prob before, did what poster #4 said.
Works excellent now, altho sticking sometimes lags behind abit

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
GimmlyTheDorf said:
He means Windows 64 bit os its a new os made for 64 bit cpu the new amds any amd above 3.2 is 64 bit and you need a new mobo for the new socket. But you cant have it unless you have a 64 bit amd and its not realy worth it anyway.

Windows 64 bit version is just as fast as he old 32 atm..when Radeon and geforce release new drivers ..performance will be even better :)

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Joor said:
Windows 64 bit version is just as fast as he old 32 atm..when Radeon and geforce release new drivers ..performance will be even better :)
I rather wait for early 2006 when Longhorn is out thats runs in 64 bit and 32 bit. Not useing that buggy pice of shit windows 64 dont have a 64 chip anyway need funds atm I just stick with my highly oced barton 3.2 got it runing at 250 FSB atm with custom water cooling.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
Had exactly the same prob before, did what poster #4 said.
Works excellent now, altho sticking sometimes lags behind abit

doesnt this make your first account (the one you're actively playing) lag alot?

or any other 'programs' running?

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I wouldn't say it lags alot, it's a bit lag though, but atleast your second account won't go LD, and that's all I want :)

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
vintervargen said:
if you wanna duallog and be able to /stick etc, pentium >>>>>>>>>>>> amd.
Thats because most of em are useing HT(hyper threading tecnology) and there double the price of amd lol. AMD FX 55 >>>>>> All pentiums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom