Dual logging

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Someone once told me...

if u make a .reg with this info it will help u dual log w/o ld and be able to stick

[Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]
"Win32PrioritySeparation"=dword:00000024

make in notpad and then call it bb.reg

Anyone that can confirm this?:x

Have done it and think its helped but dunno how a .reg would help :x

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Never heard that sutch a file could help. would be interessting if it did tho. keep the thread updated. i could need sutch help myself.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Wazkyr said:
3gb ram and no"extra "features" is needed :p

Unless your using 64 bit windows, 3gb wont be registerd by windows iirc.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
well, you can also do it by:

properties on my computer -> advanced -> performance (settings) -> advanced and there set 'adjust for best performance of: background services'

that and also setting a fixed size swap file (large enough ofc) and you can easily dual log even if you dont have a hyperthreading/dualcore CPU

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Righthandof said:
right clicking and creating a file is faster/cheaper than buying 3 gb rams tho ?
ofc it is, but wont work nearly the as good, thats for sure, so 3 gb + changing settings = win/win :)
Varna said:
Unless your using 64 bit windows, 3gb wont be registerd by windows iirc.
registred fine by windows, and it have np using it all at once (2 clients, dl, watching movie ect, takes abit of ram :) )

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
I can move two accounts on stick fine just by using clientsleep minimized on the bot for example, only have 512 ram :| if I don't have to move both accounts, and they're in the same spot, I have no fps lag at all ;x

Ffade

Fledgling Freddie
H/T + 3 GB Ram + 7800 512mb = 2x DR clients! (with no sleep modes etc.) runs perfectly!

shadowdweller/bog

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:

properties on my computer -> advanced -> performance (settings) -> advanced and there set 'adjust for best performance of: background services'

that and also setting a fixed size swap file (large enough ofc) and you can easily dual log even if you dont have a hyperthreading/dualcore CPU

aye thats what i do works a treat:>

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
~Latency~ said:
I can move two accounts on stick fine just by using clientsleep minimized on the bot for example, only have 512 ram :| if I don't have to move both accounts, and they're in the same spot, I have no fps lag at all ;x

Then Im not sure what you have done, because I have done that also, and it dosent help atall when haveing a bot stuck, it still lags like sh*t. (got more or less the latest hardware also, so thats not it)

But you can change settings in windows as someone said, to make the second acc not crash.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
anioal said:

can you further explain how to do this please?

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
can you further explain how to do this please?

on the same page with proccessor scheduling (where you already set adjust for background services) at the bottom there is a 'change' button for virtual memory settings. press it then set the minimum and maximum values for virtual memory at about 1536 or even 2048 MB

also is vital to use on both accounts /clientsleep minimized

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:

Do the above.

Also put your acc's in sleepmode. Update your gfx-driver. Drop your visual setting from 32-bit to 16-bit. Just some ideas that might help you.

Edit: Dont run alot of other programs while dual-logging.

Raze, out!

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe this sounds abit funny but:

Dual Core Cpu and Dual logging works great!

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
The 'adjust for best performance of: background services' simply gives background processes - those that aren't active, a higher priority than they would otherwise have. I don't know what that value (24) stands for, but since it's under a general priority control, my guess is it makes exactly this change or something very similar that can be changed within windows normally. The reason background windows sometimes don't stick well is if they're not getting enough processing power and by increasing their priority windows simply gives them more CPU time so they stick better.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
The 'adjust for best performance of: background services' simply gives background processes - those that aren't active, a higher priority than they would otherwise have. I don't know what that value (24) stands for, but since it's under a general priority control, my guess is it makes exactly this change or something very similar that can be changed within windows normally. The reason background windows sometimes don't stick well is if they're not getting enough processing power and by increasing their priority windows simply gives them more CPU time so they stick better.

i wasnt clear, but my point was:

when you click on the 'adjust for best performance of: background services' you end up in registry with the exact setting posted by the thread starter :p

but that alone is not enough, you also need the /clientsleep minimized and the fixed swap and idealy you should have the game directory on a different hdd than the one that holds the operating system.

edit: i forgot to mention that you also need a decent amount of ram - with 2GB ram i can duallog 2 DR acounts flawless, it worked with 1.5GB too but with 2GB is smoother

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I thought u were saying that, I was just trying to explain why it works for some other people :)

Should add I can dual log fine with 1gb, though it takes a while to stabalise as it loads all the junk into pagefile, meaning the first time I come across a zerg in rvr when dual logged it is extremely laggy... oh and loading times can be abysmal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom