Rant Dual BBC Moan

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Nice and short this rant. In two parts:

How can there be a 'surprising' 20% budget cut by the BBC projected in line with TV licence fee freezes when they knew it was going to happen and should have phased it much better?

I've just had to sit through Casualty for the first time in many years. Fucking hell, it makes Home & Away and Hollyoaks look like Oscar-winning outfits in both acting and scripting. A part of me has died inside.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday night though - I'm on Vodka after watching that shite. :D

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
im drinking Corona and avoiding Saturday night tv (as usual).

I've just watched La Horde again, played a bit of FIFA12 and now im roaming the internet.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
and if you think BBC is shit, you should try ITV.

I cant even find anything decent on ITV usiing the the BT Vision replay thingy which gives you "the best" content from ITV for the last week.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
ITV4 is the best channel tonight for one film - Falling Down.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Yeah now Dr Who's done for the year we have to suffer Strictly (thanks Mrs Sar), and ITV's usual utter fucking dross.

/wrists

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Pale Rider ITV one classic :)

rest is pish always is this time of year strictly come x factors your arse etc

saturday tv is the worst of the week doesnt cater for anyone with half a brain tbh

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
could of turned the Tv off :p

Not possible - wife making me do it while looking after newboen. It truly would be shitty of me if I left.

Yeah now Dr Who's done for the year we have to suffer Strictly (thanks Mrs Sar), and ITV's usual utter fucking dross.

/wrists

Damn right - SCD should be STD because none of us want it :(

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Merlin wasnt bad , well i should say Katie Mcgrath isnt bad when shes trying to look evil ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Sky Sports = darts!

Saw Dolan get a nine darter last night, brilliant. Final tonight.

I suffer the most when football isn't on, it seems like a year since the last game, I fucking hate internationals and FA cup/league cup weekends.

:eek:

But yeah TV is god awful unless you have Sky and even then you have to filter the decent stuff AND EVEN THEN you have to dowload the shows because of the 6 minute advert breaks.

Boardwalk Empire has started again, Fringe for the wife and Sons of Anarchy for both of us but all of them I downloaded to avoid adverts.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Or do what we do, and timeshift the programmes and skip the ads. A 9pm programme starts at 9.15pm for us but still finishes at 10pm.

The BBC obviously needs to downsize it's operations. A frozen income means a reduction in spending in real terms due to inflation. I just hope they stick to quality, not quantity. I'd be okay with fewer shows that are really watchable compared with a dozen shows that are meh.

rynnor

Rockhound
They should dump bbc3/4 and put the decent stuff from there onto bbc2 - better to have a couple of decent channels than 4 duff ones.

Although saying that there are huge chunks of the bbc1 schedule that are junk.

Tbh I think TV's days are probably numbered - I can see everyone just streaming everything one day.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Saturday night just doesnt feel right without Match of the Day :(

there's some right chuff on TV these days. total crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom