DSL modem / router makes DAOC go kaput! :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Ok.. here´s the situation:

So far, I played DAoC on my normal PC (3,2 Intel, 1Gig RAM, Ati 9800.. you get the idea). I could run 2 accounts instanced w/o any problems. However, in RvR, my BB account went LD after a while and when I got into some intense keepfights. And it was - of course - laggy. So I decided to a. buy a laptop and b. get me a router, so I could run BB on laptop and play on main machine.
Everything went well as planned, router and new cable modem installed (I was playing via an internal DSL modem card, so had to get a new modem too), both accounts were running fine. Played RvR for a couple of hours w/o any problems whatsoever, even played in a keepdefence with tons of people on the screen.... np.
Then, I went to a ml7 raid, and all of a sudden, both accounts crashed. "My client stopped receiving data from the Server" it said. I shut down account 2 (laptop) and reloaded account 1, playing on PC, surfing on laptop. Account 1 went LD again. And again. I then switched off the laptop and continued playing with my normal PC... and went LD again and again and again. Quite obviously, the problem must be either the new modem, or the router. I know, it´s a d-link crappy router, but I expect it to at least be able to run ONE fooking account! :D

Any suggestions or ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom