What is a viable druid spec for FG RvR?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
There are many to choose from; just a sample of the ones im familiar with:

1 - 39 nurt 30 reg 20 nat
2 - 44 nurt rest reg
3 - 41 nurt rest reg
4 - 40 nat 36 reg

1 and 2 would be my favourite specs. Buff shears are so important these days that (4) is moving out of fashion somewhat and your pet when ml9'ed is level 52 for the first spec option anyway.

I believe all of them are viable in FG action.

lokkedue

Fledgling Freddie
what ballard said :D
actually ive tried all of them and 44nur rest reg is my favorite :clap:
imo stay either nurt or nat dont mix them together

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and play as a sylvan if you dont wanna be completely cookie cutter :)

McFly

Fledgling Freddie
Mikos left 1 out I think:

40 reg / 36 nat

I fancy this one for 100%ress, 2nd biggest spread heal, decent pet to interrupt, and 2 x instant roots.

IMHO, the druid setup is: nurt/reg + reg/nat > 2 x (nurt/reg) > 2 x reg/nat

Good luck druiding around!

____
Loughgall, lvl 50 dr00d
Alliance of Powah!

xsa15

Fledgling Freddie
Best druid setup imo is 44nurt / 31reg + 39nurt / 31reg / 20na.

Gives 2 shearers, 2 midfight rebuffer, 1 with good enough pet, both with spammable ae-root (not draining all power).

Only thing better a 40reg / 36 NA gets is pet, really. Insta roots are overrated for hibs, 100% rez is totally useless, drains too much power. Use egg/PR + cure sickness if needed and the drood can't even buff up fast.

He also gets a better SH, but in those cases where you have to spam SH (no visibility or whatever) a lot more power is gone to waste.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
xsa15 said:
100% rez is totally useless, drains too much power.

He also gets a better SH, but in those cases where you have to spam SH (no visibility or whatever) a lot more power is gone to waste.

Tho all casted rezzes cost 50% power to rezz a level 50 target :p

But yes, you dont really need the level 39 spreadheal tbh, the 30 one is more enough :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
xsa15 said:
100% rez is totally useless, drains too much power.

no it doesn't ;o a dedicated healer (the nature druid) is very nice tho he isn't perfector.

but ye, 39/31/20 is a good option with a 44/31 druid but for pug's i'd go 44/31, you can go 39/31/20 as perfector or convoker as well, but buffs wont cap

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
McFly said:
Mikos left 1 out I think:

40 reg / 36 nat

I fancy this one for 100%ress, 2nd biggest spread heal, decent pet to interrupt, and 2 x instant roots.

IMHO, the druid setup is: nurt/reg + reg/nat > 2 x (nurt/reg) > 2 x reg/nat

Good luck druiding around!

____
Loughgall, lvl 50 dr00d
Alliance of Powah!

Yeh that is the spec i meant, #4 was typo. Number 4 on my list definetly should not be 40 nat 36 rather as loughall describes above. There are some okay higher nat specs but they generally are 39 nat not 40 iirc and in my opinion they are not quite as useful to a group.

McFly

Fledgling Freddie
The spec for a 2nd druid in the grp (1st one being 44nurt/rest reg), will probably be a matter of religion and play style...

But my 2 cents about the reg/nat druid (trying to convince myself that I haven't gimped myself totally):

The bonuses:

Instant AE roots wont stop anyone with charge, but it stops the usual interrupt classes like skald, mincer and pally & pets.

The castable roots are nice when being flanked, to help the other druid, or to stop support classes from retreating.

The 2nd SH is not as cost/efficient as the 1st, but in those situations where a druid have been interrupted for a while, and the grp is generally very low on health, the 2nd SH is a blast. But in bridge/keep/tower fights and other situations where the grp isn't within LOS, spamming the 1st SH is the working horse. Generally the single target heal is to be preferred.

The pet rocks for interrupting - the l33t rvr grps from mid will quickly dispose of the pet, but it buys a little time when on a healer, and a cleric is out of the game with a pet on him. Besides - I love the bear! It's sooo hugable!

The downside:

No resist buffs...

I cannot spec buff ppl I ress...

Even my baseline sux...

If I die and get ressed, I need specs from the other druid, and if he then dies I am gimped... (I'm carrying krojers str ring and dex ring in inventory, giving me specs on the run for 10 g a piece)

Still, it is a matter of play style... I like concentrating on keeping me and the other druid safe while dishing out a load of heals. Good buffshearing (like the vintervargen film), is a fine addition to an RvR grp, but notice how much the other druid is healing too :)

Any comments are welcome, but be gentle... :fluffle:

____
Loughgall, lvl 50 dr00d
Alliance of Powah!

Mey

Part of the furniture
erm.. To be the reg/nat druid you would have to be in a set group, i supose. So i might go with 44 nurt rest reg. Cheers for the help :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom