Druid RA's, what to get...

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I was lucky lastnight to obtain a RA-respec. As core for my RA's Im getting the following RA-abilities:

* Grouppurge - 14 points
* MCL2 - 9 points
* Raging Power - 10 points
* Augm.Acuity 3 - 10 points
* MOC - 14 points

This is 6L7. My druid is RR8L1.

This leaves me with 14 points unspend. I was planning on either getting Personal Purge (10 points) or Battery of Life (10 points).

What do you guys suggest, and why? My spec is 40 regrowth, 35 nurture, 9 nature. Im mostly running in tank-groups but this might change once TOA hits the shelves ofcourse. Do mobs in TOA also drop RA-respecstones?

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
my template on medikto is at 8l5:

Aug acuity 3 (10)
MoC (14)
Mota 2 (4)
Mcl2 (9)
RP (10)
GP (14)
Purge (10)

4 points remining, saving for mota3 or just go aug dex 2 right away..

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Well, mota, wh, and purge are all very useful.

I'd go for purge and mota2 and wild healing 1 I think.

freakyphil

Fledgling Freddie
I've just started my druid (well been playing her up to level 22 now), I was planning on saving up for Group Purge. Figuring this would be the most in demand ability for an RvR druid...

Is this right or are there other RAs that I should get first?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and you can't get RA respecs in TOA. The only respec you can find there is ML-line respec IIRC.

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
How big is the spreadheal pool created by Battery of Life? 500hp? 1000? Unless it's amazing I'd say personal Purge is more important :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
freakyphil said:
I've just started my druid (well been playing her up to level 22 now), I was planning on saving up for Group Purge. Figuring this would be the most in demand ability for an RvR druid...

Is this right or are there other RAs that I should get first?

Just follow the list puppet posted :)

Imo, get these ra's, in this order:

mcl1
gp
mcl2
rp
aug aqui 3
moc

If you're going 35 nurt, you can't buff an entire group with yellow str/con, so maybe it's wise to get aug aqui 2 after mcl2, then rp. I'm not sure about this tho.. maybe aqui 1 will suffice also.

Or get a bb for the group :)

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
Oh and you can't get RA respecs in TOA. The only respec you can find there is ML-line respec IIRC.

link with more info? .... will current stones still exist in ToA?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
If you're going 35 nurt, you can't buff an entire group with yellow str/con, so maybe it's wise to get aug aqui 2 after mcl2, then rp. I'm not sure about this tho.. maybe aqui 1 will suffice also.

?? Ehmm, if you cannot give out 8 yellow STR/CON's something is wrong. Did you not cap EMP on your SC?

For references, my druid (with 208 empathy; thats AA3) can give out:

8 yellow str/con
8 blue dex/qui (1 tier lower; the best dex/qui you get with 35 nurt)
3 blue hastes (level 30 haste)
1 lower haste.

My buffbot can do 8 red str/con and have concentration left for a few other buffs.

Even without any AA and roughly 190-200 empathy (depending if you're Celt or Firbolg) you should have no problems giving that many buffs out.

Amount of Empathy does matter for your concentration-pool aswell as mana-pool. Cap it, at all times. You could even give a buffbot some very cheap cloth and imbue 6x +13 empathy. Most buffbots got AA2 to get MOTA so it should never be a problem at all.

RA-order; from my point of view is indeed MCL1, GP, MCL2, RP, AA3, MOC. Can use the 2 free RA-respecs you get during levelling up (lvl 20 and 40) to try out some passives while waiting for the big stuff like MOC :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
?? Ehmm, if you cannot give out 8 yellow STR/CON's something is wrong. Did you not cap EMP on your SC?

For references, my druid (with 208 empathy; thats AA3) can give out:

8 yellow str/con
8 blue dex/qui (1 tier lower; the best dex/qui you get with 35 nurt)
3 blue hastes (level 30 haste)
1 lower haste.

My buffbot can do 8 red str/con and have concentration left for a few other buffs.

Even without any AA and roughly 190-200 empathy (depending if you're Celt or Firbolg) you should have no problems giving that many buffs out.

Amount of Empathy does matter for your concentration-pool aswell as mana-pool. Cap it, at all times. You could even give a buffbot some very cheap cloth and imbue 6x +13 empathy. Most buffbots got AA2 to get MOTA so it should never be a problem at all.

RA-order; from my point of view is indeed MCL1, GP, MCL2, RP, AA3, MOC. Can use the 2 free RA-respecs you get during levelling up (lvl 20 and 40) to try out some passives while waiting for the big stuff like MOC :)

1- I was talking about fully buffing a group.
2- My druid has of course capped emp, but I couldn't buff an entire group with yellow str/con and int, blue dex/qui and haste without aug aqui.
3- I didn't have aqui as reg/nurt druid (only rr3l7) but ofc respecced now to moa3, but I don't have blue specs anymore to test the conc pool with aqui 2 :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Auriel said:
How big is the spreadheal pool created by Battery of Life? 500hp? 1000? Unless it's amazing I'd say personal Purge is more important :)

Well.. BOL is approx 1000 hp pool not flowing into the caster (the druid). While that aint amazing it can help that tiny lurikeen eldritch from getting insta-killed while the druid is still mezzed/stunned during the first 2 seconds of a fight facing a tank-group.

In tankgroups it can be used as a 3rd insta; tho not very good (30 min timer and only 1000 hp) but it might buy you some time if the assist train is on someone and the guard-hero is not yet there.

Its not 'great' but at RR8 you got all necessary stuff and the rest is just well.. not great either. 3% more casting-speed is nice but not great.

I think I go Purge in the end. Often I avoid the initial CC due to breaking out with speed6 from the group. I might use Purge then to get rid of the ST-mezz on me, or stun during MOC etc etc.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
3% is a lot.

Just cast some spells with 200 dex and then with 290. The difference between mota3 and mota0 is the same as ~90 dex.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
1- I was talking about fully buffing a group.
2- My druid has of course capped emp, but I couldn't buff an entire group with yellow str/con and int, blue dex/qui and haste without aug aqui.
3- I didn't have aqui as reg/nurt druid (only rr3l7) but ofc respecced now to moa3, but I don't have blue specs anymore to test the conc pool with aqui 2 :p

Hmmm, yep thats a problem indeed. You either need a buffbot or a 2nd nurture druid to give out all specs to the people.

Only a problem for casual random groups ofcourse ;) And with Perfecter you will not have much issues about it anyhow (ML4 Greatness: Increase concentration by 20%). Typical groups with 2 druids 1 bard 1 warden requires exactly 20 spec-buffs (either 3 casters or 3 tanks which both require 3 spec-buffs)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Hmmm, yep thats a problem indeed. You either need a buffbot or a 2nd nurture druid to give out all specs to the people.

Only a problem for casual random groups ofcourse ;) And with Perfecter you will not have much issues about it anyhow (ML4 Greatness: Increase concentration by 20%). Typical groups with 2 druids 1 bard 1 warden requires exactly 20 spec-buffs (either 3 casters or 3 tanks which both require 3 spec-buffs)

Ah yeah that's true, I noticed 20 buffs is exactely enough, and with that ML is should be no probs at all :p

But fighting with blue d/q and haste is shite anyway, bb4tehwin :D

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
give more info about the stones Shade!

Respeccing Path: Star of Destiny - screen shot from Articuno Suicune
Players can now switch their Master Level track by using an item that every "final" Trial encounter boss monster has a chance of dropping. (from patch notes 1.66h 11/13)
It says very plainly that you use it in front of the Tablet of Destiny in the Hall of Heroes, where the arbiter is. You stay at the same ML. Jan 20
- Ulfhednar Slybiter

http://visionofsages.net/toa/img/StarOfDestiny.jpg

I can't find the bit where it says that your previously completed ml's won't be lost, but just for the record: You can get a PvE ML and respec to the other available line without having to go thru all that shit again.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
i was thinking more ... if i farm some RA stones now, when ToA comes, will they still be sitting in my inventory ready to sel.... errr use, even thought you can no longer farm them

edit: or did you mean RA stones will still exist, but none will drop in ToA?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
i was thinking more ... if i farm some RA stones now, when ToA comes, will they still be sitting in my inventory ready to sel.... errr use, even thought you can no longer farm them

edit: or did you mean RA stones will still exist, but none will drop in ToA?

lol :worthy:

No changes will be made to the dragon so respecs will still drop... but none will drop in the TOA zones. ;)

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Just wanna raise an issue.. :touch: in Toa u can get up to 25% extra buff effectiveness from items

I think that means you can cap on buffs without mota at all, or maybe just 1 or 2 lvls. Would that also mean some interesting low nurt specs for blue buffs that still reach/nears cap.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ivynoxia said:
Just wanna raise an issue.. :touch: in Toa u can get up to 25% extra buff effectiveness from items

I think that means you can cap on buffs without mota at all, or maybe just 1 or 2 lvls. Would that also mean some interesting low nurt specs for blue buffs that still reach/nears cap.

is that still 25% or did they nerf it to 10% too?

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
not nerfed

:flame: yet

and some info:
base buff cap is 62
spec buff cap is 93 :)

if u want ... :)
go look up druid nurt buff list and find out would 25% + 3% from aug acu 1 would reach those figures.

At school atm and daoc.catacombs.com/spelllist.cfm?druid is banned :mad:

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I know.. it sucks that toa raises "standards" for everyone and we all have to climb higher to compete.

But u know just equiping your shade with artefacts and going thru mls, you'll probably pick up about a dozen items with +buff effectiveness, just collect them in your vault and dump them on the bb :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom