Druid pets @ 1.83

Cueblare

Fledgling Freddie
what Vf said, if pet is ml9'd it will either get cc'd or killed really fast.. It will even if not ml9'd too tho :>

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Vodkafairy said:
heh, ill take a 42 nurt + 39 nurt druid combo over that any day. both perfecter.
agreed, beside smaller pet, caster may not notice it on their support \o/ (tho in groups with voicecom the screams are kinda giving it away :()

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Cueblare said:
what Vf said, if pet is ml9'd it will either get cc'd or killed really fast.. It will even if not ml9'd too tho :>

well it simply does not hold in reality, my experience is that my ML9 pet is there more frequently than not at the end of a fight so I am not sure where this is all coming from. Its all about how you use the pet - you put it on a damage dealer and you will have it cc'ed or killed. Likewise with one of dem stunning mezzing dorfs. Place it on support at the right time and it can wreak merry havoc. That is my experience, I have put it on a tank and watched it stun and distrupt the tank all the way through a fight as well (not sure the tank knew what he was doing tho ;)).

I can also cure nearsight and I have higher spec heals than a 39 nurture druid - so I am not sure where that objection comes from...

What you gain if you have a smaller pet is worth thinking about - buff shears are worth having and of course rebuffing in the field, the utility of that increases with the length of fights. So whilst I can see the perspective some of you have I actually think your missing some of the finer issues.

xsa15

Fledgling Freddie
druid pets in general are fairly useless now
level 7 pets get 2 shotted by shaman/healers(done it several times the last few days) and if you spec for higher pet you gimp yourself.
42 nurt/33 reg/7 nat is the only way to go
Pet dont instadie, and with pbt it can keep the healer busy for like ~7sec and casters dont pay attention to them

No reason at all to spec any other way ever, especially not with the new shears.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
oldschool nature spec ftw! 36 nat 40 reg and convoker, then you get ml9 pet, brittle(!), spd wrp and cure nearsight.

missing grp cure dis can be countered by singel cure dis but lack of fop is sure downside.

this spec is both good for grp and works fine solo, pop ml9 for pet, equip your gov and traitors dagger and lay hands on moc+instas :]

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
MaditioN said:
oldschool nature spec ftw! 36 nat 40 reg and convoker, then you get ml9 pet, brittle(!), spd wrp and cure nearsight.

missing grp cure dis can be countered by singel cure dis but lack of fop is sure downside.

this spec is both good for grp and works fine solo, pop ml9 for pet, equip your gov and traitors dagger and lay hands on moc+instas :]

with the new patch you can get the Matriarch at 32 nature so more points for regrowth ;) So you can have some nice spec heals as well as the pet which rocks.

Bertram

Fledgling Freddie
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
Exactly. Imo all good grps should run with 2 nurt druids. Nature is just a complete waste of time imo. Tri spec can be pretty nice altho imo 44/31 is the rox :)

Btw wen i said i know what ill b doing... ill be staying 44 nurt 31 regrowth (just to clarify as i think sum peeps above actually thought id go for the pet hehe)

I must say i dont agree at all! A nurt and a nat grp in a grp is a very nice way tp run... You have the roots/interuptions you have the ml9 Pet, you have the super healing anyway, and you have a BB in crau so i cba about buff spec...

The nurt fruid in grp is also a must becasue of rebuff, buff shearing good resist etc.

So imo dont run with 2 nurt .... Dont run with 2 nat.... Run with both! 1 nat 1 nurt and you will be good ;)

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Bertram said:
I must say i dont agree at all! A nurt and a nat grp in a grp is a very nice way tp run... You have the roots/interuptions you have the ml9 Pet, you have the super healing anyway, and you have a BB in crau so i cba about buff spec...

The nurt fruid in grp is also a must becasue of rebuff, buff shearing good resist etc.

So imo dont run with 2 nurt .... Dont run with 2 nat.... Run with both! 1 nat 1 nurt and you will be good ;)

And i completely disagree.

When i root tanks i only use single target root. I use aoe on the odd ocassion wen i need to interupt (grey aoe does this just aswell :p). The ml9 pet is nice but not as uber as second perfecter/buffer/shearer in grp.

Just my opnion neways. This new insta snare thing does look quite cool tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom