Druid pets @ 1.83

MrManic

Fledgling Freddie
- Druid Pets have been adjusted in the following manner :

All Bears will have the same attack speed as current pets pre 1.83, and have a slight boost to defensive capabilities.
All Lynx will have a slightly faster attack speed than bears, and also have a chance to evade.
All Wolves will have a slightly faster attack speed than lynx, and a slight boost to offensive capabilities.
All Nature spec 32 pets have a chance to proc "Rabies" (single target disease).

- A new Druid pet has been introduced at spec 45 in Nature Affinity which has a chance to do melee styles with varying effects.
- Druids may now choose which pet to summon at spec 32 and 45.

my spec - 41nat, 35,reg

maybe spec - 45nat, 29reg, 14nurt

-now isit going to be worth going 45nat for the "melee styles with varying effects"?

-will we get more points to spec in?

lokkedue

Fledgling Freddie
from what ive read at VNboards, no. The pets give almost no extra damage and is not at all worth sacrificing spreadheal for.
But maybe you should try i out, this is just what other people say :)

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
lokkedue said:
from what ive read at VNboards, no. The pets give almost no extra damage and is not at all worth sacrificing spreadheal for.
But maybe you should try i out, this is just what other people say :)

In 1.84, the top pet will be 85% of the caster's level, and will do styles on enemies, garrote and pincer at least iirc.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Depepnding on what u r doing (i.e. solo or grping) it might b quite nice. however, u realy have to think about giving up ur spread heal over a pet that MAY style once in a while... i know what ill be doing ;p

(buff bot spec ftw ;p)

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
Depepnding on what u r doing (i.e. solo or grping) it might b quite nice. however, u realy have to think about giving up ur spread heal over a pet that MAY style once in a while... i know what ill be doing ;p

(buff bot spec ftw ;p)

Heh, well if I was to solo I wouldent do it as a druid neways, they are meant for being support, and anything else is really just a waste, so lowering the Regrowth line for it is just silly.

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH

(buff bot spec ftw ;p)

well as i see it as a grp druid you aint only loosing the spreadheal, but also how are you gonna rebuff your grp m8's ?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
nah its way to much nature you would lose spec heals and that would hurt your group. If the damage is not much better then I don't see the point in it.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
well as i see it as a grp druid you aint only loosing the spreadheal, but also how are you gonna rebuff your grp m8's ?

Exactly. Imo all good grps should run with 2 nurt druids. Nature is just a complete waste of time imo. Tri spec can be pretty nice altho imo 44/31 is the rox :)

Btw wen i said i know what ill b doing... ill be staying 44 nurt 31 regrowth (just to clarify as i think sum peeps above actually thought id go for the pet hehe)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
39 nurt 31 reg and 20 nat :) works in good combination with another 44 nurt druid. Anyway ofc buff shears play too important a role to go nat on a group druid but for a hardcore soloer it would be fun to have a blue pet.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Exactly. Imo all good grps should run with 2 nurt druids. Nature is just a complete waste of time imo.

I disagree - a lot of hibby groups are short on pets and that ML9 druid pet whilst it is nowhere near as hard hitting as other ML9 variations can tie up a healer for a whole fight. It can be very very useful.

It can also die very fast but you can recast it if really necessary.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
I disagree - a lot of hibby groups are short on pets and that ML9 druid pet whilst it is nowhere near as hard hitting as other ML9 variations can tie up a healer for a whole fight. It can be very very useful.

The best druid pet currently is 4 levels higher than the one you get at 20 nature. The pet at 20 nat can interupt just aswell and does almost as much damage. Is it worth losing buffshears and buffing ability just for 4 pet levels?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
The best druid pet currently is 4 levels higher than the one you get at 20 nature. The pet at 20 nat can interupt just aswell and does almost as much damage. Is it worth losing buffshears and buffing ability just for 4 pet levels?

How do you measure it though? Being able to do more does not mean you are going to be any better in variable situations. Decisiveness and doing one job well is better than doing several 'kind of'.

Those 4 levels seem to make a difference to my pet which often sticks around a lot longer than its 4 level less counterpart. The ML9 version of the current druid pet does a lot more damage and lasts a lot longer than the non ML equivalent. It all depends on your role. Buff shears are fine as an interrupt and the ability to rebuff in the field is of course a must have for any group but you can cover that with one druid who has that spec. No need for two identical druids.

Maybe I am wrong though?

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:

The basic druid pet interupts just aswell. It has nothing to do with dmg output but interupting. U dont need a high lvl pet as a druid.. just somthing that causes ur enemy to have to waste time killing it.

As a druid u should divide ur time amongst buff shearing, pet cc wen needed (i.e. rooting ml9 pets) healing and curing ns and disease. All of which are managable if u practice.

Ad

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
you forgot rebuffing and interupting (ae root)... ideal druid setup for me is 44/31 nurt/reg and 39/31/20 or 39/35/12 nurt/reg/nat (highest nature can be convoker, but its not really nescessary)

buffswithlove

Loyal Freddie
waste of time.. but its fun time.. my spec 36nat 31reg rest nurt. but going to try 45nat 29reg with wh3 moh3 and di3 if grping dunno yet solo ra's. all thou not sure about dropping nurture 25off then i need bb all the time =(

MrManic

Fledgling Freddie
i have now gone for 45nat, 26reg, 14nurt

i will post on how well i get on with it!

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:

hey mikos lazy git get ur ass back ingame :)

and agree totally on mikos sharkith usin same spec , ofc you will say ye you dont got bb spec to spec peeps properly but my budds r still nice (specially when usin proper bb gear when you go safe and rb)

i know from xperience that 20 nature is more than enough to do proper interrupt and on occasion he stuns also (not alot but smt)

but i think also everyone should decide for himself how he wanna play his drood , was only an opinion of me no offence

grave out

buffswithlove

Loyal Freddie
playing now lvl45 druid pet and what i seen so far those are lovely.. and next patch more than roxor. seems its time to make new grp druid and go 48nature

liloe

It's my birthday today!
What Ardd said. Nature druids are a waste nowadays, except if solo, then they rock really hard =)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
well I respecced to the matriarch level (I consider 45 nature nuts tbh) and managed to squeeze more into regrowth and it works a treat.

Very happy so far the new casting times are seriously cool.

The pet stands up stuns frequently. Its hard for me to compare I have only ever played one way to be honest.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
gravedigger said:
hey mikos lazy git get ur ass back ingame :)

Hey grave :) I would love to get back into the euro servers but I borrowed an account to test lag and it was terrible :( with the time difference aswell cant really come back to euro i dont think, which sucks big time

p.s hurry up and ding rr12

MrManic

Fledgling Freddie
well what can i say... 45 pet rocks!!11!!

on a yellow con useing bear - rabies proc 5 times, and styles 4 - and still have 85% hp left!

then took bear into solo RvR and was doing higher dmg than normal and rabies was doing nice dmg!

i also did a PvE guild group, and was very happy with my heals as well

i will be keeping this spec

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
one of my guildies sent his bear on me yesterday...and it was evil!. Stunned me...hit me hard and almost killed me. So i dunno...but it seems pretty cool:p

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
MrManic said:
well what can i say... 45 pet rocks!!11!!

on a yellow con useing bear - rabies proc 5 times, and styles 4 - and still have 85% hp left!

then took bear into solo RvR and was doing higher dmg than normal and rabies was doing nice dmg!

i also did a PvE guild group, and was very happy with my heals as well

i will be keeping this spec

Good for u m8y, I still believe tho that the spec is useless in grp rvr.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Good for u m8y, I still believe tho that the spec is useless in grp rvr.

It would be against a group that controls pets well - and there are a lot of good groups out there that can sort pets out really fast.

I think it is just a bridge too far for me, I like the 32(?) pet and can now have better spec heals because you don't need 36 nature to get that pet.

What do you think of the heal changes? For me they really worked beautifully and the new casting speed is really cool.

Sharkith

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ideal group support has always been 2 druids, 1 nurture/regrowth Perfector, 1 nature/regrowth Convoker.

Nothing changes.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Ideal group support has always been 2 druids, 1 nurture/regrowth Perfector, 1 nature/regrowth Convoker.

Nothing changes.

heh, ill take a 42 nurt + 39 nurt druid combo over that any day. both perfecter.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
heh, ill take a 42 nurt + 39 nurt druid combo over that any day. both perfecter.

I fully agree. There is absolutley no need for nature druid in a grp and having 2 perfecters roxxors. What happens if a druid goes down and there is a caster nearsighted? or a druid mezzed and a caster nearsighted? Let the chanters do there thing with the convoker line.

As i said b4 i couldnt give a rats arse if the druid pet does a bit more dmg. In grp rvr let the dps classes kill and let the druids heal/interupt/cure ns + disease/buffshear.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Vodkafairy said:

it makes my heart bleed, but I agree :/ this is why I'm 39nurt spec

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom