Dropping a cell phone down the toilet

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
OK who's dropped their phone down the toilet & got the phone working again?

My sister just dropped her Nokia down the toilet. Surprise surprise its not working & won't recognise the SIM. She's just rung me up & asked for advice

I told her to mop up the visible water & let it dry out naturally. If that doesn't work, get a new one, perhaps scam the insurance.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol no, i learned from sheldon cooper why top pockets are no place for a cell phone to live.

I did drop my rabbit down there once though but that's another story.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Was your Rabbit Rampant? :D

I have lost a phone to the toilet and washing machine in the past i also dropped on off the side of a boat into the Irish Sea. I did get the the washing machine one back for a while after a week in the airing cupboard but it died again soon after they are not rust proof.

I would not try to scam the insurance if im honest they are getting more and more stingy and there is no way to cover up water damage, they will want to inspect the phone if you say its damaged but you you have lost / stolen insurance that's an option.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
once happened to me, been told to put it into a recipient with dry crude rice, after 24h rice absorbed water and telephone was working... lol

P.S. better if u disarm mobile phone and introduce it on rice, just clean it after process, if it works, spread some rep! j/k :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Lamp, get her to shake of any water she can, open it all up, and sink it into a bowl of rice. Leave for a day or two.

The rice will soak every last drop of water out, but she needs to do it soon.

edit:// damn, kam beat me to it by seconds!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
cheers. told her about the rice

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
once happened to me, been told to put it into a recipient with dry crude rice, after 24h rice absorbed water and telephone was working... lol

The word you want instead of "recipient" is probably "container".

Everz

FH is my second home
I did, was out in Oxford and I dropped it down the bog.

No spray no lay bloke fixed it for me, gave me some free aftershave and a lollipop.

luls.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
The word you want instead of "recipient" is probably "container".

aw but i liked recipient, i think it is good word usage that has charm and character...I also liked the use of crude hehe. I had a Kenyan friend who loved jelly babies but she'd call them the baby jellies and they have been known as the baby jellies forever more.

Sometimes the wrong words just sound better!

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Hahaha :D now what you said was charmy thought, agree, wonderful way of thinking :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Me.

Instantly take the battery out and put the phone on a radiator. After a couple of hours, voila!

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
My Hero went through a full cycle in the washing machine a couple of months ago. Once it was dry, worked fine. Screen was a little foggy for a couple of days but even that cleared :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
lol no, i learned from sheldon cooper why top pockets are no place for a cell phone to live.

I did drop my rabbit down there once though but that's another story.

Oi, this begs for some explanation...

rabbit rabbit?
lop_rabbit_easter.jpg
or
rabbit rabbit?
vibrator.jpg

:touch:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
my phone has been in beer, water pools, swimming pool, washmachine, nephews standing on it, dog eating it and still isnt broken

1252605483758126.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom