Driving Test

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Dudley52, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Dudley52

Dudley52 Can't get enough of FH

Got my driving test tomorrow. I'm not confident i'll pass as I always tend to make a major mistake every lesson. But i'll try my best

Any last minute tips people? :)

2. Solo

Solo Fledgling Freddie

Be confident

3. Nate

Nate FH is my second home

Keep your cool, don't forget the mirrors and the speed limit!

Or as soon as he gives you a command yell at him to stop being a back seat driver! Then go on to say how you wouldn't go around someones house and say "turn left, would you...what kind of person does that anyway!"

4. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

Get a good night sleep and don't get stressed about it.
    Whats the worse that could happen ? You fail and re-take it. No big deal.
    GOOD LUCK !!

P.S. Don't wear your iPOD or call your mates on your mobile during the test ! LOL j/k

5. Dudley52

lol!

Thanks for the advice so far :)

6. Overdriven

Overdriven Not a sandwich

Not done this yet. Good luck mate, hope you pass :)

7. NikonL

NikonL Fledgling Freddie

Few tips my instructor gave me. First off, they're looking to see how SAFE a driver you are.

This means you can make a mistake, but if you correct it safely, then you won't get marked down for it. For example, on my test the instructor told me to follow the road signs to someplace. There were two lanes to chose from and I got it wrong. I went "i'm in the wrong lane aren't i?" and he said yes, so i did all the proper checks, checked over my shoulder etc, and moved into the right lane.

I figured i'd probably failed, but nope, passed first time :) you never can tell. good luck!

8. Dudley52

Okay,

Hopefully I get a nice examiner :D

Thanks

9. NikonL

NikonL Fledgling Freddie

Most examiners will try and put you at your ease. It's quite tough, as they don't want to distract you. But at a traffic lights maybe they'll mutter a passing comment or something to try and relax you. They're not out to get you remember :) they won't try and mislead you or trick you into anything.

Depending on how it was with your instructor, it may seem a little odd with the examiner. If you're used to getting praise when you do something well for example. The examiner isn't going to praise you no matter how good you are ^^ and it's kind of disconcerting when they're silent, as it makes you think you're going wrong. Just remember they have to be like that though.

10. Mey

Mey Part of the furniture

My driving examiner started talking to me about what i was doing in college/uni ffs lol!

11. Dudley52

I never get praise when I'm driving, he tends to praise me at the end of the lesson when he tells me about what I done right/wrong etc. So I'm used to that now. :p

12. Calaen

Calaen I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Just take your time, do everything that you would in a lesson and just relax. It is weird with the instructor but they are not there to trick you.

13. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy

I had a bitch of an examiner, supposedly one of the toughest to get passed by, she was cold, absolutely no humour. When my driving instructor asked a question after the lesson she snubbed him.

It was great, she was basically a non-entity in the car and that just made me relax and forget she was watching my every move, although she did check her overhead mirror a couple of times, maybe she was bored.

Nikon's right, just be a safe and fairly cautious driver and the rest ought to come to you.

14. Azurus

Azurus Can't get enough of FH

You'll be fine driving tests are ridiculously easy. If you want an aditional challenge try masturbating while taking the test and join the elite group who have managed this succesfully.

p.s. im not in this group i lost concentration at the crucial moment, swerved off the road and ejaculated in my driving instructors face, causing me to both fail the test and be added to the sex offender's register.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bugz

Bugz Fledgling Freddie

I laughed :(

16. Solo

Solo Fledgling Freddie

I swallowed :)

17. Dudley52

I've been thinking that maybe my instructor is too harsh and makes it sound harder than it actually is. God he makes manoeuvre's (sp?) sound harder for me than they actually are. Did you guys have your instructor sit in the back of the car on your test?

edit:

also I had a 2 hr lesson earlier today. He didn't praise me at all, just told me of my 5 major mistakes. It has kind of de-motivated me.

18. Mey

Mey Part of the furniture

No.

19. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

Oh - one more thing. Don't stink the car out with a whiffy fart. The death of a driving instructor usually doesn't improve the chances of passing.

20. uron

uron Loyal Freddie

hhm i got my test tomorrow :p u taking it in southend?

21. - English -

- English - Resident Freddy

take some chewing gum :)

22. Nate

Nate FH is my second home

MotherFucktThatShit!! hen u2 av pasd we cn go cruzin in our chavriots! I gt a Vauxhall Astarahh and I'm goin ome innit :D hen u get ur nova's we'll be teh numba 1 cruzers blappin all teh bitches like dey woz hoes. Safend ain't no place betah nawatahmeenm8

23. kirennia

kirennia Part of the furniture

Don't race a yellow light, nor go the wrong way down a one way street like a friend of mine did ;)

24. Dudley52

Yeah, Southend. What time is your test?
    lol!

25. Overdriven

Overdriven Not a sandwich

Suppose being from Essex paid off in a way then, eh? :D

26. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

2 thinks that helped me the first was if the instuctor says nothing go straigh! Apparently they get pissed off with people asking so unless they say left or right go straigh.

Secondly during reversing round a corner ect do not use the gas just use the clutch and the break. You go much slower but can control it more. And actually stop before the coner and check the mirros then stop after the corner befor you get stragh and check them again. Remember they are looking for over exagerated checks. I felt like a prize twat doing that but the Test guy said he was impressed by it.

27. uron

uron Loyal Freddie

mines at 1.30!

28. Dudley52

Okay, But you can't really use gas when doing a manouevre anyway, you would go wayyy too fast.

29. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

I did and thats why i failed my first test that and indicating left on a roundabout.

30. Dudley52

indicating left when you weren't supposed to be going left?