Driving Test Centres

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
Does anyone know where I could find the passrates for Driving Test Centres?

Ta muchly.

DooMeh

Fledgling Freddie
A friend of mine took time off university (He lives a fair way from his term address) to do this driving test, the first one got cancelled so he re-arranged a new date and again took time off university. The second time he was waiting at the test centre for his examiner when he was told that the examiner had crashed on the way to the test centre, sorta like a firestation burning down :p

mank!

Part of the furniture
pcg79 said:
Does anyone know where I could find the passrates for Driving Test Centres?

Ta muchly.
Ask your driving instructor, he should have a list of the passrates for different areas. He told me qutie a few of them, the highest passrates are in Wales apparently.

I don't think they're widely available to the public, but the best place to look would be the DSA website I guess.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
*tip hat*
tam

and mank, yeah my instructor wants me to go to a centre thats meant to be pretty bad. all my friends tell me not to go there; infact, he said that it had the lowest pass rate in the country.

but apparently, ill be good enough.

Dax

Fledgling Freddie
I could be very wrong but I think the national pass rate average is around 45%. The pass rate at my local test centre (Bolton) is 47%.

I have my test on Feb 17th, i'm pretty confident.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
pcg79 said:
*tip hat*
tam

and mank, yeah my instructor wants me to go to a centre thats meant to be pretty bad. all my friends tell me not to go there; infact, he said that it had the lowest pass rate in the country.

but apparently, ill be good enough.

Bad how? Bad in that they aren't very leniant? That sounds like a good test centre to me. :)

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
write in to Britain's worst driver and find out where all the contestants took their tests coz if they can pass anyone can.

Exoshear

Fledgling Freddie
Arrh, driving lessons. I should be starting with these as soon as my provisional application gets proccessed. Can't wait! :)

mank!

Part of the furniture
I've failed my theory twice. Got 35/35 on the multiple choice both times, was one mark short of passing the hazard perception last time, I misunderstood it totally the first time so I failed it miserably.

whee, good luck to those taking their tests soon though!

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I remember the agony of driving tests i got terrible nerves and only passed on my foruth attempt :/ (when i did pass i passed with only 4 minors tho) and i never failed my theory.

*Cuddles his pink 'i can drive' drivers license

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I've been driving over 5 years now but in about 12 weeks I'll undergo armed forces advanced driving tests at Leconfield school of transport so I do know how you feel.........in a way.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
I've been driving for quite some time now and I've never seen a Driving Trest Centre on the road, but if I do, I'll try to stop it and ask how many of its relatives around the country have passed.

Chalak

Fledgling Freddie
hmm dont know my centre's pass rate but i was the last person my tester tested before his christmas/new year holidays... i guess he was being charitable since i passed :D

13 minors though :/

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I am contemplating learning to drive this year. The last time I gave it a go was about 5 years ago If I recall correctly. The theory test had not long been introduced and I do not remember anything to do with 'hazard perception'. Could someone let me know what this is please ?
Also being an old fart, I would like to get it over with quickly, have any of you taken one of those intensive courses ? are they worth the money ?

Thanks for any responses.

Later

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Hurrah for passing! Check your mirrors often? Not me!

and its so pleasant to speed without getting a slap on the wrist.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
Gengi said:
I am contemplating learning to drive this year. The last time I gave it a go was about 5 years ago If I recall correctly. The theory test had not long been introduced and I do not remember anything to do with 'hazard perception'. Could someone let me know what this is please ?
Also being an old fart, I would like to get it over with quickly, have any of you taken one of those intensive courses ? are they worth the money ?

Thanks for any responses.

Later
hazard perception - you see video clips, and you click when you spot a hazard (ie something where you would need to change speed/change direction)

lovedaddy

Fledgling Freddie
was a while back now

My mate passed about a year before me (mine was about 6 years ago now). I cannot remember the exact number, but he had 23-26ish minor marks. Just about every box had 2 dashes in it. I really was disguested. He said he managed to stall it 3 times by trying to pull away in 3rd gear, I mean really.
Yet a first time pass it was for him.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
lovedaddy said:
My mate passed about a year before me (mine was about 6 years ago now). I cannot remember the exact number, but he had 23-26ish minor marks. Just about every box had 2 dashes in it. I really was disguested. He said he managed to stall it 3 times by trying to pull away in 3rd gear, I mean really.
Yet a first time pass it was for him.
im sure 15 minors is a fail...

moop

Fledgling Freddie

PR.

Fledgling Freddie
moop said:
Failed 4 times so far...always getting nerves.

Last time I got 6 minors and one major for "slight hesitation" because i did it 3 times despite the fact I couldnt see a thing cos of the rain.

I failed 7 times before I passed, I had the same problem of nerves. On the build up to the 8th I started using that Bach Rescue Remedy and while I can never say that it was the cause of the pass, I wasn't anywhere near as nervous as I had been before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom