Driving europe

Laddey

FH is my second home
hello lads.

Me and 3 mates (so far) are hiring a 6 birth motor home to travel to hideout festival which is in Croatia.

It's about 1200 miles according to the aa route planner. Can anybody suggest a site I can use for the whole journey which will give me a choice of parking places for the way down (1 stop) and other details which will come in handy?

It's the 25th of June to the 2nd of July.

I was thinking of setting off 3pm on the 24th driving til midnight then finishing the journey the next day. We could do it in one hit but I'm a bad passenger and the 3 lads were going with are piss pots so I'll drive and take my time.

Any words of advice from past experiences? Thanks

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Google Maps. Pretty much everything you need, especially now there's an offline mode so you won't have to blow through your data roaming. Word of warning; if you go through Switzerland its just about one of the worst places in Europe for hidden speed cameras.

Other than that; not much. If you can split the driving between the bunch of you you could easily do it in one hit, but you'd also be missing out on one of the most beautiful parts of the world. I'd break the journey if you have the time.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You do NOT want to get a speeding ticket in switzerland lol.

Was with someone who got busted and got a 500 euro fine.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just wing it, much more likely to have crazy adventures.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Google Maps. Pretty much everything you need, especially now there's an offline mode so you won't have to blow through your data roaming. Word of warning; if you go through Switzerland its just about one of the worst places in Europe for hidden speed cameras.

Other than that; not much. If you can split the driving between the bunch of you you could easily do it in one hit, but you'd also be missing out on one of the most beautiful parts of the world. I'd break the journey if you have the time.

I've used Google Maps from my phone, with headphones, no screen, on my bike across France and Spain a few times, no problems.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Always remember, they drive on the wrong side of the road.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Cheers lads!

Which part of the world would we be missing mate?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Cheers lads!

Think he means the countries you would pass through as you can't take your time. I'd give yourself an extra day and then you can stop when you see interesting shit, and end up in some serial killer hostel or something :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Don't just go on the motorways, take detours every now and again to explore. Motorways are boring. And stay away from Paris if you can, the traffic on the ring road is a nightmare.

If you go through Switzerland check out Interlaken, it's a beautiful place.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Cheers lads!

Depends which way go; Munich one way, Venice another (slight diversion). Personally I'd go via Munich and then Salzburg because you'd go through Bavaria and the prettiest bits of Austria. You could even visit Berchtesgaden, which is so beautiful Hitler nicked it for himself and his mates.

Laddey

FH is my second home
You guys are great. Has anybody ever hired a motorhome?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom