Film Drive

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Oh my.

It's official, my missus was like "ooooo shlick shlick Ryan Gosling" and I was like "bitch, please!" and then at the end of the film I was like "I'm gay for Ryan Gosling :(".

Tremendously well shot, simple story, excellent lack of dialogue. In fact, they could not talk all the way through and it was almost still make sense. Music was superb too.

I identify with is loner situation and that he just .... drives.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Funny, I was going to make a thread called drive as watched it last night.

"Meh" is all I can say. The story was well paced, OK, but very straightforward. Nothing special.

The dialogue wasn't anything special either IMO. The long silences are probably better than bad dialogue, but not as good as good and inventive dialogue. Seemed forced, like Lost in Translation. Performances were good, but there was nothing there that stretched anybody either.

I don't feel cheated of my time for watching it, don't think I'd have missed anything if I missed it either tho.

Solid but nothing special

Edit:
The bit where he rams Ron Pearlman's car off the cliff is fucking ridiculous. Glaringly bad in a number of ways. Firstly Ron's car goes absolutely flying off the cliff - meaning that it must have been hit with massive force - but no follow through from Ryan's car at all - like he'd hit it as a snooker ball with backspin.

In a film where the physics is generally OK then that's horridly jarring.

Second - his headlights survive. Not just his headlights but the whole front of his car. He rams another car many meters forward but his car is totally fine? Lolbad!

And don't get me started on the bit where the bentley is outfoxed. I just preferred to ignore that - but when the missus is complaining you know it's a massive fail...

:)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
You sound like my dad.

Anything with warp speed and he's like YOU COULD NEVER ACCELERATE THAT FAST.

Mind you, he's old and untrendy too :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Must have

Grit%20close.jpg
tulsi-tea.jpg

movie-reel.jpg
fyVMtP8A

Nothing else will do in entertainment!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Scouse is just pissed because Ryan Gosling is an out for himself capitalist scum in this film :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I actually liked his character. Even though he had scraps to feed on.

Practically nothing happens in the film. Certainly nothing surprising.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I loved the movie. Why does it have to action packed, full with inventive dialogue to be a good movie?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I thought it was average. Nothing great about it and nothing that annoyed me greatly.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I thought it was average. Gosling looked as though he was trying and failing to be a simple version of DeNiro in Heat.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Im young and I thought it was shit. Average is an over statement.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Thought it was average as well. Enjoyed it but it didn't leave a big impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom