Film Drive

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wonderful film, well shot, well acted.

I loved that half the cinema got very uncomfortable with the lack of dialogue in a lot of the scenes, they couldn't cope with having to deduce what was going on through body language and expression.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I saw it last Friday and thought it was very good. I have to say I kindof dismissed Ryan Gosling after "the notebook" almost the same way that I dismissed Leo after "Titanic" and I have to say I think I was as wrong about Gosling as Leo.

That opening scene was great, fantastic directing. And the elevator scene was also really good it made me completely re-evaluate the main character.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I started thinking, hold on this guy is not what he seems during the coffee shop scene, but yes that lift bit was a watershed moment.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Some people in the cinema did not like it, or thought it was average. These were the same people who had to talk to fill silences in the film, who laughed when the violence was uncomfortable for them. Take from that what you will.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I think it was more that they were presented something a bit different and did now know how to interpret it.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
They paid for an Arthouse/mainstream borderline movie, they can suck it up or gtfo, if i was watching that movie and people were speaking dialogue behind me because they were too thick to understand what was happenning i would lamp them :D

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's a good film, really enjoyed it, the soundtrack and camerawork added to it as well.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I enjoyed it but there were a few too many lingering shots of Gosling's face with the same blank look for my liking.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Makers being sued by some dumb yank, due to there being a lack of driving apparently :/

eksdee

FH is my second home
Film of the year so far for me. Thought the soundtrack was absolutely outstanding and so perfect for the way the story was presented. Great stuff. also how good is Ron Pearlman at play characters that are absolute, unrelenting dickheads? See also: Chronos for another great example of this.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Noni was a good character, but I think his partner Bernie was better.

The "now you get to clean up my mess" scene, the scene were he says goodbye to Shannon and the washing of the blade were all brilliant.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Easily one of the best films I've seen this year, if not the best. Everything about is was incredible, and the elevator scene, unbelievable.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Makers being sued by some dumb yank, due to there being a lack of driving apparently :/
Wow :p

She also claimed the film is extremely anti-Semitic, and is actually not the first person I've heard make that accusation.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Wow :p

She also claimed the film is extremely anti-Semitic, and is actually not the first person I've heard make that accusation.

That's how arsey certain members of the jewish lobby are, but if this had any merit the Brits would be the worst victims of Hollywood racism in forever: See any film with a British villain = racism.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's got a Jewish gangster in it, oh noes!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Absolute shit. Weak story, weak acting (save for bryan cranston ofc). Cinematogrophy was decent, but whoever made the film needs to look to the coen brothers for a lesson in how to do that sort of film properly. It reminded me of layer cake, another over rated film.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This film is still annoying me. it was like something a 2:2 level film student would make if they were given a big budget.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure, I reckon you'd get a fail for that scene by the pond alone, that was pure cheese.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Why is it epic? It is a man driving with a shit 80s sounding band playing in the background.

Ryan Gosling can't act. Don't give me the 'its in the expressions' bullshit, the man can't act. It's like Daniel Craig in Layer Cake and the new bonds. Pretty faces with no acting ability so they're not given anything to say.

I saw a film with RG in earlier this year, Crazy, Sexy, Love. It was a romantic comedy, and i've never seen a romantic comedy in my life that i'd piss on if it were on fire, but it was better than this shower of shite.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I thought that was the best scene of the movie myself, which was probably unfortunate since it was the opening scene.

The film is based on 80s films btw, hence the 80s music etc.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
That was another thing that annoyed about the film, 80s music cos of the 80s theme fine... but then towards the end it breaks it with that jazzy number... completely ruined any musical 'theme' the film had.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Gosling can't act is a very false statement.

Have you seen Half Nelson?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I've not but i see he got a good write up in it so i'll watch it and report back. In this film it could've been anyone.

eksdee

FH is my second home
He's really good in Lars and the Real Girl also, which is well worth watching. Good film.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Did Ryan Gosling personally shit in your cornflakes as a kid or sonething Aoami?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom