Driud? or should I just cave in and go priest.

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Kokelimonkelmedisin, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

ah yes but youre a priest, so you would have biased views :D

2. Whisperess

Whisperess Part of the furniture

Could possibly be because most of the Druid spells are "Over Time" spells. That includes most of the heals, since the druid is a bit more active.

I'm guessing the Druid was using Regrowth / Rejuvenation to get some time left for his other stuff rather than popping Healing Touch which happens to be just about exactly as mana efficient as your "Heal" spell.

3. Abel

Abel Fledgling Freddie

I read it on a Pro vs Con priest description on www.worldofwarcraft.net, which embarrasingly enough seems to be gone now from the site :p ...

If I remember it correctly it said not that druids could outheal priests in raw number of hitpoints/time, but rather hitpoints/used mana. In other words : druids are supposed to heal slightly more economically, when they use up all their mana they'll have healed more then a priest, albeit over a longer period of time.
    People who have played a healer char in previous games will know that not only raw healing power matters, but also the ability to sustain healing over time.

Anyhow, anyone who has played both classes to high lvl and can compare both their healing capabilities ?

4. Phusion

Phusion Fledgling Freddie

that is not totally true, a druid has far LESS mana then a priest. they might heal a bit more economical, but priests can do far more heals with the mana they and thus heal more Oo

5. Kokelimonkelmedisin

Kokelimonkelmedisin Fledgling Freddie

druids has the ability to boost mana regeneration alot tho if they get the last talent
    in talent tree, whatever. But in pvp that can be dispelled if its seen cast :eek: