Drinking

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Since GF and I broke up earlier this week, ive been drinking every night untill I just fall asleep and collaps.
Been 4 days in a row now, and starting on the 5th in an hour. Ive been with her for one and a half year and now it is just over all of a sudden. Did'nt ever think I could feel this crappy and confused, thought I was a smart boy with my life all figured out but damn this made me stop and think... Atm I am drinking and spending all my time with my friends, trying to forget. Think that is rather normal, but at the same time ive got this urge to start on the university again and get started on my big hobby, philosophy. Perhaps this is all for the better but damn I feel crappy atm hehe. Like my soul been ripped apart and my world been turned upside down.
Why is it that one person got such a big impact on your life and your hole world?
Why is it I just can't forget her, nomatter how much I drink?
Why is it girls like fooling around with us and our feelings like that?

This hole experience made me think... and cry for the first time in God knows how long.

Just wanted to know if my reaction and behaviour in this situation is normal or what?

Ohhh and all you boys and girls out there in love, enjoy it and make the best out of it.

- English -

Resident Freddy
dunno whats happened but if u want her back throw the booze (pref to me) and get grovelling

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Aye it happens

Some people choose drink, some people choose drugs to get over relationships

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH

Mate... drink isn't the answer to that. Seriously you can fuck yourself up worse if you do it.

Why is it that one person got such a big impact on your life and your hole world?

Jsut carry on with your life man, I know its hard but just wait and it will go away.

We confuse girls just asmuch as they confuse us. Don't think it just happends to blokes !

I've got no simpathy if you just wanna go waste your life away drinking...

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Time is all that it takes, its just biding that time until the time arrives at which time you will know its time and remember the good times which take you to better times. <3

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Don't wanna waste my life drinking, but atm it just feels like the only thing that helps just a bit and makes me stop thinking about her.
Been doing drugs, alot, about a year ago but that I am for sure not going back to. Never. Think I need to feel sorry for my self, how sad that might ever be.
But don't think my body can do much more of all this... Good I got work on monday, that might get my mind away from her.
Got this empty feeling inside of my that just don't want to go away.

It has for sure been a lesson for me and hope I'll learn something from it, and not just get a bitter old man hehe.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Horrible feeling mate, rots your guts out.

One workmate had a good cure 'Just think of her having a shit'

And remember you WILL walk past her one day, and she'll look old and fat and you can say 'Who the fook are you?'

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to hear it mate. And I hope you feel better soon. However drinking is NOT the solution.

Drinking is evil ... it changes people :(

Question I'm facing right now is what if we like someone better when they are drunk ... and what if that person likes you better when you are drunk? Who is fooling who? :p

:(

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:

Question I'm facing right now is what if we like someone better when they are drunk ... and what if that person likes you better when you are drunk? Who is fooling who? :p

yeah, im an arsehole when drunk, but people seem to like me more, good or bad? :p

and don't resort to drink, it will only make it harder when you are sober or with a hangover

Tilda

you're low enough already, alchohol is a depressant, so by drinking you're just making things worse.
stop drinking, go the gym, do exercise or something.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
:< put down the booze!

sorry to hear mate:(, maybe this is a opportunity for Ez to make a new video to cheer you up!

DavidH

Part of the furniture
And the reason why you share this on a public forum is? Not that I don't understand your situation, but this isn't exactly the first place I'd go to tell everyone. Should talk to some RL friends instead.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
you're low enough already, alchohol is a depressant, so by drinking you're just making things worse.
stop drinking, go the gym, do exercise or something.

When I was depressed, exercising just made me feel worse tbh

Each to our own i suppose, try it, if it works, great, if not :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I've just been through the same two months ago.. Still think about her and talk to her occationaly, but the key to feeling better is time tbh!

Thinking less and less about her now and starting to look for new birds etc..

If you wanna drink, fine, do so, but not every day! Do it like once or twice a week with all your mates, get hammered and have a blast! Drinking solo is bad :twak:

Another bad thing is thinking "Hey! I'll just get a one-night-stand and I'll be over her!".. Believe me you WONT! When I did so, it just made me feel like I had "cheated" on my x and made me feel even worse.. (Altho it was good while it lasted :p)

All you need is time and some good friends, and you will be fine m8!

Good luck and try to get on, but don't try to forget :cheers:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
echome said:
Since GF and I broke up earlier this week, ive been drinking every night untill I just fall asleep and collaps.

for god sake stop that .. Worst thing you can do to you an your family an friends tbh :/ my dad is an alcoholic an i have lived with it all my life :( i know your maybe not that far but if you keep it up like that you will proberly end down that rode..

Mey

Part of the furniture
DavidH said:
And the reason why you share this on a public forum is? Not that I don't understand your situation, but this isn't exactly the first place I'd go to tell everyone. Should talk to some RL friends instead.

um' perhapes because he feels like he can't talk to anyone he knows about it?

Why do you think we have email support groups and free helplines.

To echoma (or whatever your name was sorry) what you have suffered is like a bereavement, this person has played a important if not central role in your life for a year and a half, now, all of a sudden they are gone, its hard at first and may hurt for awhile but like most things you will learn to cope with it and move on to new things (possibly better ones)

Put down the drink and think of it as an opotunity to try something new for awhile.

Potato Junkie

Fledgling Freddie
drinking in the short term works a treat, numbs the pain a little... I think your reactions are completely normal tbh, but at some point you have to sort yerself out :)
I was with someone for 6 years, and when they decided to bugger off, I had to find a new place to live etc, I totally freaked out and did everything 'wrong' .... drank too much, got one night stands, etc, it actually helped at the time, but now I'm happy and much healthier, like I said that crap's ok in the short-term :)
btw healthy food and exercise does help lift your mood, it's all that endorphins nonsense
and oi, boys do as much damage to us :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
echome said:
Been 4 days in a row now, and starting on the 5th in an hour. Ive been with her for one and a half year and now it is just over all of a sudden. Did'nt ever think I could feel this crappy and confused, thought I was a smart boy with my life all figured out but damn this made me stop and think... Atm I am drinking and spending all my time with my friends, trying to forget. Think that is rather normal, but at the same time ive got this urge to start on the university again and get started on my big hobby, philosophy. Perhaps this is all for the better but damn I feel crappy atm hehe. Like my soul been ripped apart and my world been turned upside down.

This hole experience made me think... and cry for the first time in God knows how long.

Just wanted to know if my reaction and behaviour in this situation is normal or what?

Ohhh and all you boys and girls out there in love, enjoy it and make the best out of it.

*grabs by the shoulders and shakes vigoursly*

*attempts to respell vigerously*

*gives up*

Snap out of it!!!

/hug

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:

People accept things in different ways and the impact on people varies.
Just because it's not the place YOU would tell everyone, others may want to use this forum to vent frustrations and feelings, after all is'nt FH meant to be a community that can help people or give advice on there experiences and not just a place for whining?

On topic tho cut out the drink Echome, as mentioned before it is a depressant and altho makes you forget a while the problem is still there after a night out etc.
I would say snap out of it and there are plenty more fish in the sea, but I know it's not that easy sometimes.
Time is your healer mate you just gotta ride the rough for now without using drink as a crutch.
Hope you feel better soon :)

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:

maybe talking to people here, which are at best complete strangers. is easier? i know i would.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Commandment said:
maybe talking to people here, which are at best complete strangers. is easier? i know i would.
indeed!
you need a msn buddy to unleash baggage on!!
thats what its for^^ i know lots people here who bombarde problems onto me when they've been in bad situations, eh eh eh

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I just though I'd mention that I had the misfortune to watch my uncle die from alchol related bowl & liver cancer last week.

He drunk rather a lot it must be said, however the end was really extremly unplesant. He had a secondary tumor in the liver which put pressure on his bile duct and he couldn't eat properly, became heavily jaundiced, and lost a /lot/ of weight. The medics tried a number of things to save him, he had chemo (but he was diagnosed too late for it to be effective), he had several operations to try and place a stent in his bile duct (which failed).

You've probably seen pictures of staving people, he looked like one of them, he was a bag of bones - so frail he couldn't move without assistance. It took him a couple of weeks from that state to finally die. His mind was intact for all but the last few days and his condition caused him a great deal of distress.

Alchol in moderation is fine, but beware it's addictive - don't let your parents bury you :(

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks all for the support and good advices, last night was my last one out drinking now I cba with that anymore, going back to our appartment tonight to packup my stuff and get the hell out of that hellplace and move on with my life.
Someone asked why I told this kind of stuff on a forum, because sometimes I like advices from ppl I don't know. My friends words are what keeps me up, but sometimes I want to talk to strangers hehe.

Thanks all and may you have all the happieness in your lifes.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
echome said:
Thanks all for the support and good advices, last night was my last one out drinking now I cba with that anymore, going back to our appartment tonight to packup my stuff and get the hell out of that hellplace and move on with my life.
Someone asked why I told this kind of stuff on a forum, because sometimes I like advices from ppl I don't know. My friends words are what keeps me up, but sometimes I want to talk to strangers hehe.

Thanks all and may you have all the happieness in your lifes.

Friends will keep you up and make u feel happy, a stranger will tell you how it is, sometimes friends can just lie just to see you smile, where as a stranger can really tell u what u wanna hear.

atleast how i feel :p

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
much easier to talk to people online
i get really uncomfortable and freeze up when trying to tell my best mates things that are quite deep about me, i tend to get advice off friends online first

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
Sorry to hear it mate. And I hope you feel better soon. However drinking is NOT the solution.

You don't glove me, as much as I glove glue.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
you cant forget by drinking, because drinking isnt a magic trick that wipes all your memories just like that.

ofcourse, drinking may help you to integrate back into your old lifestyle, social circle etc if thats how it was before.

thats the route i take after i split with a gf. normally my old lifestyle doesnt continue when im with someone. so ofc, i go out drinking again, clubbing etc.

once you are back in your old lifestyle, you probably wont care so much about her anymore. well, just imo ofc. it works for me anyway.

Himse

FH is my second home
Drink can be evil or nice.

It can take ahold of people :|

Personally last night i got wasted, got ahold of about 4 girls n then stumbled home. But you never get any gain from it rly.

nocare. I hate the feeling over a hangover.

Hope it all works out for you tho mate =O :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom