Question Dreams

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
So i'm going to go to bed in about thirty mins, but am anxious to do so because of my dreams.

I've always been a vivid dreamer, I had nightmares regularly as a child (most do), but of late it seems to be every night. My dreams have become more intense lately, and the topics vary wildly. All of them have the same recurring theme of having a very intense emotion, so intense that it wakes me up every single night, usually around 4am-5am (the past two morning have been beautiful sunrises, I was tempted to just get up and go to take photos before work :) ).

Anyway, sometimes I dream about people I once knew and have full blown conversations and discussions in my dream, sometimes being aware that it's only a dream and am able to have some sort of influence on what I'm saying. I feel that I have a strong connection with the person in my dream, like a friendship that I once lost is rediscovered or reconnected unlike it was in the waking world. Sometimes this relationship extends to people I didn't know, like celebrities, like I dream I'm good friends with Liam Gallagher (!) and we spend an evening talking about how shit Oasis are (or whatever it might have been, it escapes me). I dream I'm in an episode of Friends, and they're all my best mates in real life, and it's all a good crack.

Sometimes though (and this is the more disturbing part) I dream of a woman, she may or may not be ficitonal, but I feel in love with her in my dream to the point that it feels very real - the dreams have been recurring over weeks and months. I feel extremely guilty that I have let my waking girlfriend down, or somehow cheated on her, but then I wake up and I know it was all a dream (nevermind over a usually fictional person).

I dream of going to jail an alarming amount. Sometimes there is a reason for going to jail, sometimes it's not explained but it feels very, very real to me in the dream. Horrificly, I do dream of violent murder, sometimes it's me performing the murder - almost always in self defence like I am being attacked, or I kill someone by accident, or I am accused of killing someone but I have no knowledge of it, or that I am blamed/framed for something I didn't do .... then I have the jail dream along with intense feelings of guilt in the dream.

I dream of death a lot. I sometimes dream of events that have actually happened that I try to hide from, horrific events from history that I am forced to watch (participating in concentration camp activities) no matter how wrong it is. Again, huge sensations of guilt accompany this.

A lot of my dreams are based in my old family home, I've not lived there for 13 years but I never ever dream about my post-moving home, I always dream of my childhood home, but I am there as an adult.

There is more but I'm too tired to type anymore just now.

Do you dream like this?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
I have gone through spurts of having hallucinations for about the past ten years or so. They usually occur when going to sleep. If I go through a patch of them, I'll wake up at the same time every night and experience the same hallucination. Could be anything from giant animals climbing the walls to the walls not even being there anymore!

I am definatley awake during these periods and I can move around and some times interact with the hallucination. That is quite a recent development, I am now aware that I am hallucinating (sometimes), yet it keeps on happening. In the past, if I became aware of the hallucination it would stop.

The only sense they play on is visual, but I have on ocassions been tricked in to talking to them! Sometimes it is quite good to have my mind play these tricks, but other times it can be scary. Mainly happens if I am stressed or try to go to bed with an issue on my mind.

As for actual dreams, mine mostly play out in colour and include audio, and sometimes sensations of interacting physically with the environment. My most vivid are usually linked to end of the world events for some reason.

tris-

I do not hear music but I can hold conversations with characters and hear environmental sounds.
There is a vid linked in OT to a Neuroscientist type woman who had a stroke, and she explains what it all felt like. Vivid dreams are a bit like what she explains happened to her.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I have some very "real" dreams sometimes of some future event ( twice major once completely minor ) that's always ended up occuring 2-4 years later.

It's kind of weird and cant really differentiate from any other vivid dream except I can remember them when I wake up, and then forget all detail within a few minutes until whatever it was happens .

Yes I know that sounds insane.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
question: are you in love?

Sorry I am not sober and as the dutch say kids and drunks tell the truth..

it seems like you are but dont want to admit it awake. You seem to be focussing on good times and jail....

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I have some very "real" dreams sometimes of some future event ( twice major once completely minor ) that's always ended up occuring 2-4 years later.

It's kind of weird and cant really differentiate from any other vivid dream except I can remember them when I wake up, and then forget all detail within a few minutes until whatever it was happens .

Yes I know that sounds insane.

Snap!!!! and you want to yell out that you know what is about to happen but you never do!!!!

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Dreams are universally recognised as a window to your subconscious. Very vivid dreams that are disturbing are usually in response to outside stressors, sometimes which you may not even be aware of. I am having horrificly vivid nightmares at the mo, but I know its down to a very hard time with work. If you're really struggling to figure out what might be disturbing your sleep, may I suggest that you try very hard to eat fairly early, and maintain some sort of a bedtime routine. For example, if you plan on going to bed at 11pm, eat no later than 7.30pm. From 10pm, turn off the telly and the computer, and have a warm bath and a cup of something warm and soothing like ovaltine. If you find reading relaxing, that read for a bit, or listen to some peaceful music, but don;t do anything that stimulates your mind too much. before you sleep, try to really relax by deep breathing and making your bedroom as calm and peaceful as possible. You'll sleep better in a cooler environment too, so try to have the window open a bit.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Alcohol actually disturbs sleep more, as you wake in the night to pee and you don't have enough deep or non REM sleep, which the body needs to rejuvenate and heal.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
For the last 3 days, I've dreamt someone has called me without being able to call back. It's really annoying, as it's the only thing I can remember from the dreams.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I have extremely vivid dreams. Often they're about mundane everyday things so in the morning I can't tell whether they were dreams or actual memories. Other times something crazy will happen like a giant man eating octopus will burst through the wall and I'll think to myself "That can't be real, this must be a dream" Then I imagine I have a shotgun and blow its brains out.

I once dreamt I was out drinking and when I woke up I felt drunk (I hadn't been drinking for at least a week before). That was the best morning ever.

Also, never tell dream people that you're just dreaming them. They get really offended.

I have stranger dreams if I eat close to bedtime, and if I'm brewing up a big poo I need to get it out before I go to sleep otherwise I'll spend the whole night dreaming I'm pooing. Often with some hilarious twist like someone's stolen the toilet so I have to go in the sink.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Alcohol actually disturbs sleep more, as you wake in the night to pee and you don't have enough deep or non REM sleep, which the body needs to rejuvenate and heal.

Yes - but it stops dreaming (or at least any memory of it) pretty effectively.

Actually I used to always have lucid dreams so I could shag whoever I wanted whilst flying over a pork scratchings farm and having ten cocks like !

*give up alcohol*

*fail due to alcoholism*

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I get precognitive dreams, quite recently over the last couple of months. Feels very deja vuish.. What I worry about is that I remember them quite well, and realise when I've dreamt something is happening and remember how the dream went (depending on outcome) I intentionally change what I do.

Quite odd. No idea why. Shame it can't be about lotto numbers.

tris-

I would recommend Melatonin tablets if you want to increase the chances of vivid dreams.
Might be difficult to find them. You might need to look on ebay to see if they are being sold in conjunction with something else as a 'free gift'

Nate

FH is my second home
Last dream I remember at all was to do with my new job and thinking I had to get some chop's vaccuum packed for an order, I woke up and got out of bed ready to go down and get it done then realised it was all a dream >< ! I always forget what I dream about, wake up and can remember parts of them for about 30mins then it's all gone. I used to have one of falling off a tall building and crashing in to cement, then waking up and bouncing on the mattris was great fun :D it really felt hard and cold when I woke up. Looked forward to having that one so kept thinking about it before going to sleep so I'd have it again, worked a few times...then decided to stop dreaming about falling off a tall building....

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Melatonin is a natural sleep regulator produced by the body. Its used for as a more natural remedy for those who have trouble sleeping, but should always be prescribed by a doctor. I do NOT recommend that you take it of your own accord!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I notice I remember dreams better when I am at or over the sleep cycle that is considered normal. Currently my pattern is completely fucked, with me going to sleep at say, 3am, getting up at 9 or 10. If I go to bed at 23hrs and get up at 7ish I remember dreams quite vividly.

When I have had some drinks I find I can have extremely intense dreams in the period "just before I wake up" as the dreams actually will wake me, and when I am stressed at work I will sometimes have what I call "chase dreams" where something or someone evil is generally pursuing a group of individuals with the intent of picking them off one by one. In those dreams I am usually a spectator, eg I see both the "baddies" and "goodies" viewpoint, however I am subjected to the stress of the pursuit and the feeling of being chased/hunted.

also I have dreams from time to time that I have been having all my life literally as far back as I can remember. they usually come when my life is very stable and there is no stress or change going on. they aren't particularly good dreams though imo, good as in pleasant. they can be quite stressful. my friends or people I know are often included in these dreams. for example there is one where I am in a hotel, and I either have to get to the restaurant or get back to my room quickly. I get lost and end up taking the lifts around and around the building, as it's much like a puzzle where certain floors can only be reached from other floors. Often the lifts get smaller and smaller until only one person can fit in, and they are often clunky, noisy and prone to breaking. The whole vibe is very much like a puzzle that I have to solve. Sometimes there are hotel "staff" trying to catch me or trying to use the lifts for their own purposes.

tris-

Melatonin is a natural sleep regulator produced by the body. Its used for as a more natural remedy for those who have trouble sleeping, but should always be prescribed by a doctor. I do NOT recommend that you take it of your own accord!

I would recommend it, as it has not caused me any problems after using it on a whim for over a year, and gives a very good nights sleep with some mad dreams.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I would recommend it, as it has not caused me any problems after using it on a whim for over a year, and gives a very good nights sleep with some mad dreams.

Melatonin helps me sleep sometimes, never had mad dreams from it though :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

I saw that last night and found it spectacularly useless. Statements of the obvious aplenty, and only useful if you happen to have the exact same sleep issues as the people in the show. Doesn't actually do anything useful or provide any real help for those people that can't actually fall asleep, just provides information about how to be more alert on waking, how to change sleep times and how to stay asleep once you've go there. But nothing on how to actually fall asleep properly, other than the most basic common knowledge stuff.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I used to have a strange dream that was like my life was a tv show. It started meeting a girl in a club, Then trying to get a real date. Then a special 1 year anniversary date. Then I proposed. Married. First House. Kids. Weird things were I never once saw her face or heard her name and I never kissed her or anything else in the dream. I used to have them once every couple of months but I have not had them for a few years now. They are just about the only dreams I remember when I wake up.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Cut back on the caffiene.

You're probably right; most days i'm having a can of Tesco's Kick (cheapo Red Bull), a grande americano and a can of irn-bru.

I drempt the night before last that I was locked in a tanning salon thingy and I was burned so badly that I was disfigured. My skin was all hanging off and weeping, plus I was naked and getting laughed at.

Another awesome dream. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom