Dreamcast

O

old.eternity

Yea sure :D I think its good to have a variety of different user platforms playing on servers together.

Although the DC users will probably be a a disadvantage at first I think they will fit in nicely after time.

DC Q3 clans! wh00p!! :D

O

old.Kez

DC players ... heh.

many of them will never have used a keyboard & mouse to move about before, so it'll make for some easy frags I s'pose :)

Kez frags UnnamedPlayer again with his l33t0r mouse!

K

kryt

It would be interesting yes.
What should happen ideally, is for there to be 3 types of servers provided. 1, PC/Mac only, 2, DC only (so its a LOT fairer for those that want to play like that and 3, Mixed, allowing those on DC that want to play against PC users to do so, however it would probably mean that PC players might make their way to that latter server for an easy frag or 30.

On very high pings too, with the dreamcasts 33/56k modem, on a BT connection : beggars logic :/

O

old.brock landers

should be f**kin hilarious
they cant even change their config.
hows about 56k vs dc servers, jus' in case they start moanin to c&vg or summat
mwuhahahaha

G

Grimes

unless they do get dedicated DC Q3a servers, the DC players will get a little pissed off with all the PC peeps whipping their arses and wonder what all the fuss was about in "internet/multiplayer" gaming.
or disgruntled DC users, may eventually one day fork out for a PC and come looking for revenge :D

O

Ono

UK DCs presently come with a 33k modem.

Many PC gamers are getting BB or ISDN.

Many DC players will not bother going online. Even a simple game like Chu Chu Rocket is lagged to death.

DC players won't be able to play any of the Q3 mods available to PC players hence will be stuck with plain vanilla DM or CTF. (not even 3WCTF).

I reckon DC players will be playing amongst themselves.

O

old.Delboy

You do get HPB only servers which chuck out connections below a certain ping which certainly helps DC users. Soem testing would have to be done to find out whats the right ping to use as a standard.

Mind when first started QW/Q2...I used a Microsoft Gamepad which worked very well, but that was the time when l33t players were few etc....

O

old.rwd-mank

out of curiosity, is there anyway to use a mouse and keyboard with a DC? I've never even seen the box for one of them.. :)

--
mank :confused:

G

Grimes

yeah u can get a keyboard & mouse for ya DC...

no keyboard.. no email... or very hard :)

biggest handicap UK DC owners will have is that they are limited to Seganet in the UK. US owners are allowed to use any ISP they want.

O

old.rwd-mank

well, even if you have a keyboard and mouse, you'll probably still be at a disadvantage :)

--
mank :confused:

G

Grimes

yep, being locked @ 30fps :D

SoF is due to come out on the DC soon.. that would be a laff, with the gameplay a bit slower pace Don't know if it will have the Net play bit tho...

O

old.Deluge

How will the DC owners go on for patches and mods etc , or will they be stuck with out of the box vanilla Q3?

O

old.<<Anakist>>

Bearing in mind the DC only has 1 mouse (and it sucks) when they reach a high enough standard to notice the difference they will not be able to improve due to hardware limitations whereas you can get the best mice in the world for the PC (http://www.razorzone.com)

I also belive that the rivalry between PC and DC player will be intense with clans from either side playing one another.... I hope they fix the physics again tho.

- AnaK :)

O

old.Delboy

If its a DC user, u can "prolly" rest assured they aint using a bot, spikes, fullbrights etc :)

V

vGo:Spectre

Hehehe - there ya go id, forget pure server protection, just make us all use DC's ;]

O

old.saiyan

I think its a good idea!!

Multi-platform gaming is always good!"
Easy kills for new user's!! Never gets boring!!

O

old.DNM

Quite honestly, if the DC guys can get some enjoyment from online Q3 then more power to them. I can't see them having too much fun on an LPB/SLPB filled server though, which let's face it is pretty much a regular occurance nowadays.

There are plenty of modem only servers out there, so they should be able to get a good game somewhere.

O

old.saiyan

Re..

Of course I will play dreamcast user's. I had a dreamcast, but I sold it.

Although you will be confined to the SEGA isp, where as we can play on any isp that we want!! which gives for faster game play...

If you decide to play on the internet, then we could have a PC vs Dreamcast tournament!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom