dreaded 201 error

B

black_pegasus

Well after 3 months I finally got around to paying my HUGE phone bill <caused by to many mobile phone calls :\\> & finally got around to re-subscribing my account ;))))) with my heart close to skipping a beat <I know sad eh ;)))> I clicked on the updater looking forward to getting to my beloved hibernia, but noooooo I can't get past the updater - it keeps locking up & finally dishing out an error 201 message ;(((((( after 8 hours of trying <hehe not continues though> i've finally given up & posting on right now asking for help ;))) not expecting a quick reply i thought i would also ask for help within this fine community :)))

the only reason i can come up with for this problem is I started experiencing problems with xp <don't think my system was up to it> & have since reverted back to win 98 all i did was format my c drive & fired win98 on - SI was on my D: drive - silly as i am i found out i couldn't unistall SI from add/remove programs so i just did a right click & deleted the SI folder then reinstalled it ://// <I forgot there was an unwise.exe within the SI folder :///> though SI isn't the only program not working on-line anything with an exe doesn't work anymore - reinstalled gamespy & kazaa & they both just end up with a not responding error :(((

so if any of you kind fellows <& maidens> can give me any info as to what to do would be much appreciated ;))))

yours hopefully

greenpegasus lvl 50 dippy druid
locherbread lvl 33 sauve nightshade

B

black_pegasus

I ain't putting xp back on till iv'e upgraded my comp ;) but thanx for the reply was most informative ;)

C

chretien

All the registry entries for the stuff on your D drive are missing. If I were you I'd scrub the lot and re-install from a clean drive.
Also if D was formatted by XP it'll be an NTFS partition that Win98 won't be able to read.
And use kazaa lite rather than kazaa - viruses are one thing but spyware is just plain evil.

B

black_pegasus

thanx dude, I have totally formatted my D drive then reinstalled SI onto it but still with no luck - all the other games i reinstalled work perfectly ok - even the ones i have on c drive which i hadn't formated ;\\\

hehe your damn right about kazaa being wicked - forgot to put in that it was kazaa lite i had on my system though ;)

C

-chancer-

make sure you have DirectX 9 installed www.microsoft.com
and the latest drivers for your graphics card

these 2 things make a huge difference belive it or not

F

Flimgoblin

are you running a firewall or something? are you connecting directly from your machine to the internet? (or going through something else - another machine, a hardware router)

try a traceroute... anyone remember what the ip for the patcher is?

D

Draylor

The patch server is patch.camelot-europe.com (193.252.123.21) - no memory required ;)

G

granny

Your registry still has all the entries to the old install of DAOC & SI - your best bet is to install win98 properly, ie. format C: and reinstall win98 then format D: and start installing your games/apps etc.

D

Draylor

If its a registry problem running regedit and searching for camelot, shrouded, mythic (anything that seems relevant really) and deleting any DAoC related entries found before reinstalling ought to fix it.

Of course playing with regedit if/when you dont know what your doing can be bad for your PCs health - and your sanity.

T

tripitaka

The best idea would be to Install SI to the directory you had it in b4. Then uninstall it using the add/remove programs option, thus removing the Reg entries u missed when manually deleting.

You can then reboot, and install once more and it will be a clean install this time.

Users who are viewing this thread