Games Dragon's Prophet

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
The title itself is most likely nothing special. It has housing, which is always cool, except your house can't be destroyed, or anything...but you can be kicked out if the rent is to high. Whoo. Like we don't have enough of that, we need it in games now, too?

The graphics are laughable, and honestly, EQ1 looks better at times. This would be fine, if the game didn't run like it was Crysis 3.

I got into the beta just cause I was bored. I don't imagine it being really anything much, but boy, did they get combat right.

Vindictus did Action combat pretty sweet.
Tera did it OK, not great.
B&S Seems to be doing it kinda generic, nothing special.

But Dragon's Prophet nailed the combat with it's awesome default key placement. Instead of using the Hotbar for stuff like "Block" "Dodge" "Parry" ectera. They put it on keys. Q to dodge, E to parry, V to Block, then you got your usual hotkeys for skills, but MB 1 & 2 can be comboed for skills. Unlike Tera, it's so much more intuitive.

The sad part is this awesome combat system is being wasted on a game that is going to be F2P, and sell items and power ups in the cash shop.

It may be a beta, but they seemed to have focused on just making the combat good, and let everything else suffer.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's a very early CLOSED beta. Stop bitching.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i guess that if they have the combat nailed down (which many other games do badly) all the other fluff can be added later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom