[Dragongfang] "balanced, unbalanced, nerf, don't nerf" - discuss!

U

Urgat Rip-Eye

Yay

Emma, Solid.

Thankyou.

So the only bonus in damage, comes from the intrinsic higher base damage of slower/2hander weapons.

Righto.

So i should really PA with duel weapons.

So my blade DOES need to be duel wield.

Which means I DO need to spec LA fairly highly to not miss out on damage varience, and bonus damage from the LA adder.

:/

GIVF alb/hib duel wield Mechanics IMO!

O

old.Emma

On a side note i logged Emma on just to test it. vs lvl 1 mobs you cant get a good data set for it due to PA hitting a cap that far exceed`s what the game limits. which is why you get the huge style bonus ie (+3000)

I tested PA with

Mp Double Bladed Axe only (44+15 Axe, 34+12 CS, 39+11 LA)

Note the LA/CS Specs are slighty off due to my hand axe having the extra + spec.

PA Cap with that was 710 Damage

PA Cap with 99% War Cleaver (44+15 Axe, 34+15 CS)

928 Damage

PA Cap while duel wielding (44+15 Axe, 34+15 CS, 39+15 LA, DR2) was 706 Damage

Seems that with a decent spec of LA 40+ Base and items the PA Damage isnt that different, note though that missing 3 CS from the 1h test only works out to be ~27 damage and the +4 LA missing works out to be an extra ~4-5 damage.

B

bone_idle

Nerf stealth altogether. When you move you see an outline. when you stop you dont.

The stupidist idea EVER is stealth.

E

evinacryonme

Imo thrust line should get some changes.
There are 3 styles who proc different duration stuns, all reactionaries.
1st based on evade Weartooths or smtg.
2nd based on block beartooth.
3rd df on evade.
I wont comment the way they should change this. But i dont think there is any other weapon spec line with 3 stuns available on 3 different reactionary styles, ALL OF THEM 1ST IN CHAIN. (except df who is a single style).
I am a scout. I slam my target and due to the posibility of purge i dont pull bow but start to melee. If somehow i blocked his last hit before i get slamm in, and i do my beartooth style after block, slam stun is bye bye gone.
With my current spec i have available 2 medium duration stuns and a long one. Weartooth evade stun 1st in chain, Beartooth 1st after block, and Slam. I miss my slam but i evade / block? I still can stun u. Enough to sprint away or get another 2 styles in.
I dont have anything against DF. DF is overpowered because infs have evade 7 and 90% of them use bbs (not to mention haste potions). And IS MUCH MORE EASY to pull off a DF stun than a slam one. Unless the target is a poor healer / caster (except meleeing bds who deserve their death) who wont fight back.
As a scout i would like to see medium bleed or snare on my evade / block styles rather than another stun (that would be lovely, not overpowered but will help with dmg). Best styles for thrust scout are reactionaries, low end cost and nice dmg scalling. If they nullify their effect by doing them repeatedly (ie: unstuns the target....) why to use them? I do them a good instead of oposite.
Also for 50 thrust scouts. Even if u get dodger 5 and red buffs and haste potions, ok you will evade and hit DF for lets say ~200 dmg. Then u do what? Keep DF? Will unstun your target.
Mythic indeed has to make some changes to combat styles lines in all realms. Not giving insta win button style, but making them viable for all classes who can spec in them (DF is useless to mercs, armsmans, scouts, only infs get good use of it).
Also thrust has no parry style if i remember right. Way to go Mythic. Like Thrust line was specially designed for infs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom