Dragonball Evolution

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So, seen this today and christ its bad.. I expected it to be bad since its been americanized but I didn't realise just HOW bad it would be until today.

To sum it up:

Acting - Abysmal, most of the actors are to young (by young I mean they don't even look over 15) to be fair around the time goku did fight picolo in the original dragonball cartoons he was young (but he didn't look a tw*t like the one in the movie)

That said Chow Yun Fat was ok, good actor and played Master Roshi quite well despite the movie being mediocre.

Story - short and changed in some ways which it shouldn't have been, overall its like watching a TV show thats on for an hour rather than a movie that lasts 2.

Costumes and Effects - Costumes were ok and the effects were good in all fairness.

Overall - Avoid, isn't worth the money (or go and see it if your a die hard Dragonball fan but you will be majorly disappointed by this americanized drivle)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Well, I don't think many will be surprised tbh.
:p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, I don't think many will be surprised tbh.
:p

Aye, seems "anime" remakes are the new thing for movie directors, they're making Akira into a live action movie.... and guess who's directing it? Leonardo Dicraprio.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Aye, seems "anime" remakes are the new thing for movie directors, they're making Akira into a live action movie.... and guess who's directing it? Leonardo Dicraprio.

Aye, bad times indeed. The whole attraction of Akira is that it wasn't live action tbh :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is it "nemesis 3" awful or "street fighter" awful?

We need some definitions of the amount of suck it has.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Street Fighter is the best movie I've ever seen! :eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
As a funny haha, not serious film yeah.

That's why the suckiness needs to be defined.

ti's not like street fighter had "great" acting.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have just acquired all the dragonball, z and gt episodes plus movies! Good times, never did finish the buu saga, or see any of GT :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I have just acquired all the dragonball, z and gt episodes plus movies! Good times, never did finish the buu saga, or see any of GT :)

GT rocked, I think with the release of the movie it may spark more of the anime to be created again, god knows how they'll fit the old crew back into it again tho.

Would also be nice to see a "new" crew growing up etc.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Gt really isn't that good. It is aimed more at children, you can tell the original writers are not involved. Dragonball and Dragonball z were great. Gt is watchable, but it's missing the humour and the saga's are not long enough to be epic.

As for evolution, they really shouldn't have made Goku white, but they stuck to the original dragonball storylines fairly faithfully. King Piccolo is NOT Piccolo for those that do not know, he is piccolos father and was sealed in a jar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom